IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Ok So Im sitting here reading this thread on my phone while waiting for the wife at a store thats next to a Best Buy. So I figured Id pop in to check it out to kill time. Sure enough theres four displayed on the floor casually. What a difference from when these were first released. Nintendo made good on their promise of stock, and thats a good thing. :)

Side point, If you are still looking for one of these go check out your local Best Buy and ask them.

I wonder if Best Buy is getting priority on these things? Mine had a ton of them at launch and it seems they appear frequently enough there still. My local Wal Marts have been out of them for the last month, at least when I happened to be there.

All this talk about having trouble getting one is making me feel guilty over not having played mine all that much (I'm a Sega guy at heart and have spent more time with my Genesis Flashback TBH). I'll have to fire up the Snes Mini this weekend and get beaten to a pulp by Super Punch-Out!! some for the sake of it. And annihilated completely in Contra III. :)

I feel like I have continued to see these here and there at my local Target, which is where I got mine on launch day. I'll report back with pics if I keep seeing them there.

• Like 1

I wonder if Best Buy is getting priority on these things? Mine had a ton of them at launch and it seems they appear frequently enough there still. My local Wal Marts have been out of them for the last month, at least when I happened to be there.

yeah I don't know.. I will say though I've NEVER seen them at any Walmart ever. Go figure.

All this talk about having trouble getting one is making me feel guilty over not having played mine all that much (I'm a Sega guy at heart and have spent more time with my Genesis Flashback TBH). I'll have to fire up the Snes Mini this weekend and get beaten to a pulp by Super Punch-Out!! some for the sake of it. And annihilated completely in Contra III. :)

I feel like I have continued to see these here and there at my local Target, which is where I got mine on launch day. I'll report back with pics if I keep seeing them there.

Tell us how it goes with Super Punch Out!!! How many !!! are in that, I don't know. I'm not certain, but with the NES Mini I found that slight amount of input lag threw off my skillz...and I haven't put enough time in to check the SNES version. I did manage to stomp the guts outta GABBY JAY....(yay!)

• Like 1

Checked Brickseek a few times lately out of curiousity, but didn't see any around here. Wal-Mart a couple of hours ago though was restocked with 3 or 4 systems.

Still no sign of the latest Nintendo Selects rereleases here.

Edited by Atariboy

I think these things are stashed and flipped by the retail employees. Not that the employees buy them, but pull them off the shelves for a friend to purchase or something like that.

Then some manager finds them during inventory and then moves them all out to sell. This happen at the local Best Buy a few weeks back as my neighbor's son works there. He said the manager figured out who stashed them in the back from the surveillance videos then fired the employee.

• Like 7

Then some manager finds them during inventory and then moves them all out to sell. This happen at the local Best Buy a few weeks back as my neighbor's son works there. He said the manager figured out who stashed them in the back from the surveillance videos then fired the employee.

GOOD!

• Like 1

I think these things are stashed and flipped by the retail employees. Not that the employees buy them, but pull them off the shelves for a friend to purchase or something like that.

Good. The now jobless little runt deserved what he got. I wish more stores would take action like this. Unfortunately more often than not, the managers are in on the scam.

Well, I have a dumb story...and I learned something to never do again. I saw two of these units in the wild...thought a few seconds about it, and even though I own one, I figured I could pass them on to some friends. Well. Turns out those friends already got their hands on some, or didn't have the money to buy it anyway. So I thought about ebay, but really, I just wanted my money back quickly, so off to return it to the store.

The lady is shocked to see somebody actually returning these...she knows exactly what they are. "I haven't touched them, still sealed, no worries."...well that wasn't good enough for her, as she stuffs her fat mitts into the boxes, literally opening them up like a bag of Doritos to make sure I didn't steal anything, or otherwise try to rip them off. After my OCD went into high alert, I was like, "Here, let me open this other one..." gently opening the flap to expose the goods inside, "See? It's all there..." Nope, she grabs it, pulls it all out, and then stuffs....STUFFS the manuals, everything back in completely f'd, mashes the flaps down, creasing it all to shit. I really couldn't believe it. I remarked, "Those are going back on the shelves, I assume?" Shes says yes. "I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price for them in that condition, they're a mess." She couldn't have cared less, and tossed them in the box behind her and carried on with her day.

I will never ever do that again unless I know 100% the buyers are going to buy. I was considering putting them up here, but I'm in Canada and shipping for these would no longer make it a deal considering they can still be found in the wild. But man...dumb move on my behalf. I'm sure most people wouldn't give too much of a rat's ass about the condition of the stuff you buy, but this was just so careless, lesson learned for me for sure.

• Like 3

I've stashed something for myself to buy later when I worked at Target. But it was just one of those Nuka Colas and I still have it. Didn't buy to flip in other words. I paid in cash and didn't use my employee discount, so they couldn't trace it to me. lol

I talked to a guy who worked at Gamestop. They buy stuff for themselves all the time. Two rules: You have to be on your designated break to buy stuff. You cannot check yourself out. A coworker has to do it.
  • Like 1

Well, I have a dumb story...and I learned something to never do again. I saw two of these units in the wild...thought a few seconds about it, and even though I own one, I figured I could pass them on to some friends. Well. Turns out those friends already got their hands on some, or didn't have the money to buy it anyway. So I thought about ebay, but really, I just wanted my money back quickly, so off to return it to the store.

The lady is shocked to see somebody actually returning these...she knows exactly what they are. "I haven't touched them, still sealed, no worries."...well that wasn't good enough for her, as she stuffs her fat mitts into the boxes, literally opening them up like a bag of Doritos to make sure I didn't steal anything, or otherwise try to rip them off. After my OCD went into high alert, I was like, "Here, let me open this other one..." gently opening the flap to expose the goods inside, "See? It's all there..." Nope, she grabs it, pulls it all out, and then stuffs....STUFFS the manuals, everything back in completely f'd, mashes the flaps down, creasing it all to shit. I really couldn't believe it. I remarked, "Those are going back on the shelves, I assume?" Shes says yes. "I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price for them in that condition, they're a mess." She couldn't have cared less, and tossed them in the box behind her and carried on with her day.

I will never ever do that again unless I know 100% the buyers are going to buy. I was considering putting them up here, but I'm in Canada and shipping for these would no longer make it a deal considering they can still be found in the wild. But man...dumb move on my behalf. I'm sure most people wouldn't give too much of a rat's ass about the condition of the stuff you buy, but this was just so careless, lesson learned for me for sure.

Don't feel guilty about it. It's not your problem the employees are incompetent. It just makes the store look bad. At least Best Buy repacks stuff with care and gives customers a discount on open box merchandise.
  • Like 1

Don't feel guilty about it. It's not your problem the employees are incompetent. It just makes the store look bad. At least Best Buy repacks stuff with care and gives customers a discount on open box merchandise.

Yeah, but it's just that if I didn't buy and return them, they'd still be sitting there pristine for the next guy...or scalpers, lol. Oh well, I'm not losing sleep but just a dumb experience out of trying to help some folks out.

God what a sad story! You should have kept them for a rainy day. When I scored two more at Best Buy last week I was stoked, Except for the box's being a little messed up from the anti-theft things on them. The guy just started yanking and pulling and cutting before I could say a word, and then it was too late.:/

God what a sad story! You should have kept them for a rainy day. When I scored two more at Best Buy last week I was stoked, Except for the box's being a little messed up from the anti-theft things on them. The guy just started yanking and pulling and cutting before I could say a word, and then it was too late.:/

Yeah, some people just don't get it with the condition of stuff. I would have totally kept them were it not for the fact they were for friends, but only for short term as I didn't really have the cash to keep them for myself...and then that would only be to flip them, which would require me holding them on for a few more years before it was worthwhile. But I'm sure I'll kick myself anyways, for both reasons :D Those anti-theft things are the worst. They've ruined so many bluray box sets I would have otherwise picked up, along with some other collectible stuff.

• Like 1