IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

I am sorry to hear you're having such trouble! I once again saw some at my local Target this weekend, they get them every week (I grocery shop there and live down the street, so I'm there that often :) ). They actually had one after 6pm on Saturday night, tells you how easy to get they really are. Wonder why an Iowa Target would be getting more than an NYC Target? Or maybe your Target gets a few and sells them through quicker, hard to say. But I'd still focus on Target, I suspect you'll get one from them if you keep trying.

Far more people walking around and I think Nintendo Classics are bought in high numbers by impulse buyers who see them and think wow that's cool.. I remember NES/SNES. Especially in NYC area most people are so used to overpaying for anything they like. The retro fans already paid $200+ to the scalpers and most cheap ass retro fans like me have already paid the $120+ online rate. Hehe I'm just one of the extremely cheap ones as I'm a NYC metro transplant. I grew up and went to college in rural Pennsylvania. A few decades ago I worked in Southern Minnesota which as you likely know is just like Iowa.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

You still don't have one yet? They were everywhere for like a month after Christmas... :sad:

No worries, I have three of them at MSRP. Got one at Target on launch day and the other two at Best Buy a month or two ago. One in use and two NIB, Just because. :) I just wanted reports of them seen in the wild.

Edited by Trinity
  • Like 1

Got super lucky today. Went to Target for milk and bread. Found 1 classic left in the case. A guy in the red shirt just happened to be near by. Sold it to me.

I paid 80 plus tax. And red card 5% back. So 83 and some change including tax.

Now somebody find me a pat on the back emoticon please.

• Like 4

Got super lucky today. Went to Target for milk and bread. Found 1 classic left in the case. A guy in the red shirt just happened to be near by. Sold it to me.

nicely done!

giphy.gif

• Like 8

That's Great! :-D

My Target got 8 a few weeks ago. Got the two that I needed. Mine and my son's. The kid in the back was pretty cool about looking it up and telling me they were expecting 8 and when the truck would get there. I was actually a day late because I forgot about it and there were still 7 there. Seems the rush is over.

Edited by Zonie
  • Like 1

Just had both Classics hooked up the other day, and man...the SNES is just so much better executed, in my opinion. The NES has great games, no doubt, but just looks a bit rough compared to the SNES Classic. The CRT emulation is better, there's no weird input delays, no sound lag that the NES Classic has. I prefer the game selection on the NES Classic, but I wish it was up to the standard of the SNES Classic. Oh, and two controllers. Another point for the SNES Classic.

Now...if they iron out the kinks for the supposed re-release of the NES Classic? I'd actually buy another one. And I don't think it would be all that hard to do..it's just software, after all. They could choose to include two controllers, with decent lengths of cord (like the SNES Classic), use the newer CRT emulation and fix up the video and audio lag. I'd buy it in a heartbeat again....that is, if they release it in proper numbers, like they did with the SNES. Another point for the SNES Classic!

Anyways :D I think I've made my point :D

• Like 2

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-super-nes-classic-edition/-/A-52826093.

According to this one review and question they offered it to red card holders first before everyone else. Wish I knew then. I am glad I have the red card. Maybe the same will happen with the nes release or 64 if they make one.

Edited by 0078265317

This video has the perfect opportunity to troll. Note that when he dumps the carts in to the machine, there's one cart that falls over the side. How are there not multiple photoshops of this video with the game stickers of everyone's favorite missing games superimposed? I would imagine a version with Chrono Trigger photoshopped would have been popular.

• Like 1

This video has the perfect opportunity to troll. Note that when he dumps the carts in to the machine, there's one cart that falls over the side. How are there not multiple photoshops of this video with the game stickers of everyone's favorite missing games superimposed? I would imagine a version with Chrono Trigger photoshopped would have been popular.

Was that a real commercial or fan made?

Just had both Classics hooked up the other day, and man...the SNES is just so much better executed, in my opinion. The NES has great games, no doubt, but just looks a bit rough compared to the SNES Classic. The CRT emulation is better, there's no weird input delays, no sound lag that the NES Classic has. I prefer the game selection on the NES Classic, but I wish it was up to the standard of the SNES Classic. Oh, and two controllers. Another point for the SNES Classic.

Now...if they iron out the kinks for the supposed re-release of the NES Classic? I'd actually buy another one. And I don't think it would be all that hard to do..it's just software, after all. They could choose to include two controllers, with decent lengths of cord (like the SNES Classic), use the newer CRT emulation and fix up the video and audio lag. I'd buy it in a heartbeat again....that is, if they release it in proper numbers, like they did with the SNES. Another point for the SNES Classic!

Anyways :D I think I've made my point :D

Yes, my sentiments exactly. The SNES emulation, while not perfect, is definitely a cut above the NES version. The "CRT Filter" looks much better on the SNES version, and control feels snappier with less lag. Also IMO the NES version suffers from a desaturated color palette that makes the games look muddy. Also I like that the SNES verison has better customization options and a "snezzier" menu too.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-174-super-nes-classic-edition/-/A-52826093.

According to this one review and question they offered it to red card holders first before everyone else. Wish I knew then. I am glad I have the red card. Maybe the same will happen with the nes release or 64 if they make one.

Ugg. That's just as bad as Amazon giving away deals to Prime members only. As in regular customers don't even have an opportunity to purchase at all... :mad:

• Like 1

Was that a real commercial or fan made?

Yes, my sentiments exactly. The SNES emulation, while not perfect, is definitely a cut above the NES version. The "CRT Filter" looks much better on the SNES version, and control feels snappier with less lag. Also IMO the NES version suffers from a desaturated color palette that makes the games look muddy. Also I like that the SNES verison has better customization options and a "snezzier" menu too.

Ugg. That's just as bad as Amazon giving away deals to Prime members only. As in regular customers don't even have an opportunity to purchase at all... :mad:

You get a Like Kosmic!! For Best use of the word "Snezzier"! Which I assume was your own creation. Now, I don't know how or why or when, but I imagine I will use that word myself at some Future point in time...the funny thing is I will probably use it wrong, but it will still be in tribute to you, Good Sir!

• Like 2

PS, The "Pat on the back" stuff so reminds me of work (an old job), where someone,...One of the "Higher Ups" created the idea of an "E-Pat on the Back"; Kind of an email "Good Job!" And it quickly became a worn out punchline for the ground troops like me...They'd fire off an email for an individual, or a Team, or even a whole department, generally for just doing their job (but sometimes well deserved for going above and beyond)...yet somehow they always seemed misplaced...Those with a tiny contribution got the praise whereas those that bent over backwards to fix something in time of crisis rarely got their due.

Those "E-pats on the back" did not last long! But we made fun of them for years! haha...

• Like 1

You get a Like Kosmic!! For Best use of the word "Snezzier"! Which I assume was your own creation. Now, I don't know how or why or when, but I imagine I will use that word myself at some Future point in time...the funny thing is I will probably use it wrong, but it will still be in tribute to you, Good Sir!

Thank you. "Snezzier" is a combo of Snazzy and the popular mis-pronounciation (one of my pet peeves) of S-N-E-S as "Snez".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snazzy

I wrote "snazzier" then changed it to "snezzier" to emphasize the SNES. :cool:

• Like 2

I don't think Nintendo posts fan made advertisements on their YouTube channel. ;)

The ads were posted in the other SNES Classic thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267118-snes-mini-confirmed/page-14?do=findComment&comment=3832356

There was a European counterpart, too.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I finally decided to open this up. This thing is so fu**ing cool. I decided to keep it as mint as possible. So just took out the console only. Borrowed my jbl everest 700 micro usb cable. And used my usb pprt on tv. Works great. And ran out of hdmi ports. So happy to report it works with my radioshack hdmi to rca adapter plugged into my vcr. A little less clean picture. But just to test not bad.

I used a hyperkin adapter classic to snes to test and select the language. But wireless does not work for now.

Any ideas why a normal playstation controller works plugged in to a classic to ps1 adapter and wireless doesnbot work?

Batteries are fine and even stanring 2 inches away does not work. I could not select language or start a game. What could be wrong?

Lots of Classic Controller equivalents don't work on the NES Classic Edition and the SNES Classic Edition.

That's why the Edge Joystick for the NES Classic Edition was incompatible out of the box until they supplied a dongle to customers to rectify the compatibility issue. Even many officially licensed 3rd party Classic Controllers don't work from companies like Hori, despite being certified Nintendo accessories.

Essentially if it's not a Nintendo made Classic Controller/Classic Controller Pro or is specifically being marketed for use with one of these systems (like 8BitDo's SN30 2.4G controller), don't expect it to work.

It can be bypassed though with 8BitDo's NES/SNES Classic Edition Retro Receiver. While primarily intended to enable compatibility with 8BitDo's range of Bluetooth controllers, a Wiimote can also be connected to it. With this receiver, I've successfully used my officially licensed Wii Hori arcade stick on my SNES Classic Edition with a Wiimote acting as an intermediary (It isn't compatible when directly connected to the SNES Classic Edition).

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

I finally decided to open this up. This thing is so fu**ing cool. I decided to keep it as mint as possible. So just took out the console only. Borrowed my jbl everest 700 micro usb cable. And used my usb pprt on tv. Works great. And ran out of hdmi ports. So happy to report it works with my radioshack hdmi to rca adapter plugged into my vcr. A little less clean picture. But just to test not bad.

I used a hyperkin adapter classic to snes to test and select the language. But wireless does not work for now.

Any ideas why a normal playstation controller works plugged in to a classic to ps1 adapter and wireless doesnbot work?

Batteries are fine and even stanring 2 inches away does not work. I could not select language or start a game. What could be wrong?

Protip: You can use an 8bitdo NES Classic adapter with upgraded firmware on your snes classic to play with ps3/4 controllers wirelessly. Home button accesses the menu without hitting reset on the console.

Didt: nevermind, Atariboy answered first.

Kinda lame but the extendion cables still have the Wiimote strap clasps on them making 2-player use with nes classic impossible without first removing the clasp with an eyeglass screwdriver. Snes classic is not affected.

Gonna make a prediction that Nintendo announces an N64 Classic Mini this summer. :cool: