IGNORED

Sources: Nintendo 64 Mini Classic in 2018

Hah yeah, actually in a matter of weeks you'll have the Gameboy CE. 30 games in b&w and color varieties, all in a handheld the size of the GB Pocket but with the look of the original. Yeah that's it.

Seriously, where's our favorite parrot? Now is the time to strike with that Chameleon of his. Nintendo opened the door, go for it, now!

Hah yeah, actually in a matter of weeks you'll have the Gameboy CE. 30 games in b&w and color varieties, all in a handheld the size of the GB Pocket but with the look of the original. Yeah that's it.

Actually, if Nintendo managed to cram 30 Game Boy games into a thin Game Boy (similar to an Arduboy) I would expect some people to be interested in such a portable product, even without a cart slot.

• Like 1

Actually, if Nintendo managed to cram 30 Game Boy games into a thin Game Boy (similar to an Arduboy) I would expect some people to be interested in such a portable product, even without a cart slot.

I know, it was intended sarcasm as it's something I'd buy in a heartbeat. It would be far more interesting to me than getting VC garbage on a stand alone system that runs other games making it a cheap after thought. A dedicated $60-100 range Gameboy Color in a GBP sized device with a 'Brighter' SP style LCD panel for brightness+clarity, hopefully with 2 speakers, or at least a phones jack to get there I'd be all over it like no other. The GB+GBC library is so varied and vibrant it probably would be a bloody nightmare getting it down to 30 games unless they broke it down between GB and GBC but I'd doubt that so it would be an even bigger stress.

I know, it was intended sarcasm as it's something I'd buy in a heartbeat. It would be far more interesting to me than getting VC garbage on a stand alone system that runs other games making it a cheap after thought. A dedicated $60-100 range Gameboy Color in a GBP sized device with a 'Brighter' SP style LCD panel for brightness+clarity, hopefully with 2 speakers, or at least a phones jack to get there I'd be all over it like no other. The GB+GBC library is so varied and vibrant it probably would be a bloody nightmare getting it down to 30 games unless they broke it down between GB and GBC but I'd doubt that so it would be an even bigger stress.

Coming in August. Not from Nintendo, so it should be easy to find.

large.jpg

• Like 1

GBBoyColourBlue.jpg + EverDrive_GB.png

;)

The GB Boy Colour isn't a perfect product, but you can find them for 25$ and they come with about 80 built-in games AND read GB and GBC carts (and the Everdrive works on them too!), what more can you want for the price?

• Like 2

I heard something about VB mini. All USA and Japanese games, much smaller and lighter than original VB and can be worn like a real portable system. Still has the same red only image. Added new feature: auto pause every 15 minutes, and can't be resumed unless you take it off for 5 minutes

Ahh you caught me, the Super Retroboy. It even has games technically preloaded with it as their stand alone $20 Jaleco multicart is a pack in with that $60 handheld. As long as that thing performs at a level that's not an embarrassment people tolerate (ie: GB Boy Color) I intend to pick that up since Nintendo is too dumb to capitalize on their handheld games like they did with the NES CE.

Ahh who needs youtube red when you can run adblock plus as I never see ads on there. I know it because that crap plagues mobile still. :(