IGNORED

3-D Imager Color Wheels?

Tempest

I seem to recall someone did reproduce them and mention it here over the last few years, but it might not be in the "vectrex" forum (not positive; it might have just been someone just looking for them like you). Try just reading all the vectrex posts (there aren't really THAT many).

If you can find the pattern, you could probably make your own by hand, if you're crafty...

Also, someone (in Germany maybe?) made an alternative device that he said works a bit better than the original, and I don't think it needed the wheels. Check out Vectrex Roli's posts; he's been quite informative.

Has anyone made replacement color wheels for the 3-D Imager? I have the one that goes with Minestorm, but I need the one for Narrow Escape and Crazy Coaster.

I will have those available in ~2 months. I'm just having the prototypes checked by testers as I don't have an original imager myself. 3D printed and with more vivid colours.

[...] someone [...] made an alternative device that he said works a bit better than the original [...]

That would be me then ...

Actually yes VectrexRoli (aka "The Schwarznegger of retro video gaming") discusses it quite well here:

• Like 4

BTW do you know anything about the foam on the imager? Mine is decomposing quite fast so I was wondering if I should remove it.

I got my imager & the foam was sticky - gooey ... I used tape inside-out like a lint remover to get rid of the grossness, worked great

there was a member here who tried to reproduce them and after much difficulty scrapped the project.

I could use mebbe a couple of spares from Madtronix when available ;)

Edited by chas10e

I will have those available in ~2 months. I'm just having the prototypes checked by testers as I don't have an original imager myself. 3D printed and with more vivid colours.

That would be me then ...

Actually yes VectrexRoli (aka "The Schwarznegger of retro video gaming") discusses it quite well here:

Hi there! :-)

I´ve got a magnificent, state-of-the-art Madtronix imager from you guys for about 10 years now.

Problem is, I was sent two identical color discs. :-/

Is there any chance I can get the one I´m missing? I would´t mind paying for it + shipment. Just want to solve this.

Thanks!

[...]Is there any chance I can get the one I´m missing? [...]

Absolutely :-)

Just send me your address details via my website: http://madtronix.com/en/contact.html

My reply times can be really really slow, the player2 project is keeping me beyond busy. If I don't reply within 2 weeks, just bump the mail or wait. My inbox is huuge and I usually answer the newest emails first.

I will however only accept money if I know I can ship within 2 weeks:-)

In your case you'll get the missing wheel for free of course. On the plus side the quality improved since then, so the experience is even better.

edit: I think I found your email, I'll send you a reply there aswell.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely :-)

Just send me your address details via my website: http://madtronix.com/en/contact.html

My reply times can be really really slow, the player2 project is keeping me beyond busy. If I don't reply within 2 weeks, just bump the mail or wait. My inbox is huuge and I usually answer the newest emails first.

I will however only accept money if I know I can ship within 2 weeks:-)

In your case you'll get the missing wheel for free of course. On the plus side the quality improved since then, so the experience is even better.

edit: I think I found your email, I'll send you a reply there aswell.

Hi, just to let you know I´ve replied your email. Thank you!