IGNORED

Fandal's new game: Spellbinder

Yautja

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=5947

here's the demo... from 2008?

1987 acorn

Written by: Etan and Dan Shirron. Spellbinder, an adventure game in which you navigate your way through a castle, collect ingredients and make spells that can be used on various creatures that roam around in that castle. A side view game that uses the keyboard to navigate between rooms and interact with the environment. The castle consists of a couple floors, three citadels, catacombs and a dungeon. To move between the different levels teleports or portals have to be used (is there a way through a dungeon or catacomb?). There are secret passages, one-way doors and hidden doors that only appear after certain tasks has been accomplished. To create spells, one has to collect the various ingredients that can be found around the castle and then mix them together. Among the ingredients there are burnt ashes, that is used for spells that causes effects on enemies, sulphur- that is used for curing wounds, toad's legs that are used for freezing spells, and dried roots which are used on spells intended for the spellbinder. Examples of spells include heal- which is made by mixing sulphur and dried roots, while freeze which slows down enemies is created by combining toad's legs and burned ashes. Regular spells don't kill enemies but can be used to avoid their some bad effects. Recipes for the most common spells are listed in the game's instructions but by exploring the castle the player will find hints and clues on how to create more advanced spells.

post-21949-0-68600600-1492922700_thumb.jpg

Edited by _The Doctor__

Fellow atarians,

In the latest edition of the (superb) magazine EXCEL #4, they mention Fandal's new game "Spellbinder"

http://excel-retro-mag.co.uk/order-excel-magazine/excel-magazine-4/?v=79cba1185463

Does anyone know when it is going to be released?

Regards,

- Y -

Spellbinder will be released with the new issue of the Flop magazine. It should have been out at Atariada 2017 already, but because of certain technical issues, Flop release has been postponed. You can expect it in the near future though.

• Like 2

I was told to keep it all hush-hush myself, while I was reviewing the game for Excel. And was told the exact same thing as pseudografx as to it's release. I had the game in my possession, of course, but after I finished it self-destructed. :?

But at least they were willing to get a copy of it into our hands for a review, free or otherwise, what a concept!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

I was told to keep it all hush-hush myself, while I was reviewing the game for Excel. And was told the exact same thing as pseudografx as to it's release. I had the game in my possession, of course, but after I finished it self-destructed. :?

But at least they were willing to get a copy of it into our hands for a review, free or otherwise, what a concept!

God - I hope that didn't put any hard up people out of work. What if this gets spread around for free? Oh wait - it already will be. Never mind. Can't wait to see it, and also can't wait to get my 4th copy of Excel, all of which I have PAID for, even though digital downloads are available.

• Like 2

http://www.beebgames.com/games.php?company=3&start=81

while not for the Atari it is available in zipped form from this site...print is different at the bottom of the box..

this site did not have the information I provided above

take note of Spycat further down...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, FLOP magazine issue #60 (with Spellbinder and other games) was presented during last weekend's Czech party PLatariáda 2017.

The file can be downloaded from here. I wrote a short article on AtariOnline.pl.

Spellbinder:

Spellbinder_0.pngSpellbinder_2.png

Multiloops:

Multiloops_0.pngMultiloops_1.png

Diamondz 2:

Diamondz2_0.pngDiamondz2_1.png

Ate'em All:

Ate-emAll_0.pngAte-emAll_1.png

Boulders and Bombs M4:

BouldersAndBombs_0.pngBouldersAndBombs_1.png

Snakes and Ladders M4:

SnakesAndLadders_0.pngSnakesAndLadders_1.png

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Diamondz 2 woah there! This should have a thread of it's own - the original is a truly great game :)

Hi, FLOP magazine issue #60 (with Spellbinder and other games) was presented during last weekend's Czech party PLatariáda 2017.

The file can be downloaded from here. I wrote a short article on AtariOnline.pl.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spellbinder:

Spellbinder_0.pngSpellbinder_2.png

Multiloops:

Multiloops_0.pngMultiloops_1.png

Diamondz 2:

Diamondz2_0.pngDiamondz2_1.png

Ate'em All:

Ate-emAll_0.pngAte-emAll_1.png

Boulders and Bombs M4:

BouldersAndBombs_0.pngBouldersAndBombs_1.png

Snakes and Ladders M4:

SnakesAndLadders_0.pngSnakesAndLadders_1.png

What is FLOP magazine and where can I get a copy of #60?