IGNORED

Oranges on Odyssey2

atari2600land

If you have been following my blog, you would know that I have been working on a Game Boy game called Oranges in which you dodge oranges coming at you. I decided to try this concept on the Odyssey 2. Press fire at the title screen to start the program. So, what do you think?

oranges1.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to try this today. It's well suited to the Odyssey's impressive capabilities. Having a working score for bragging rights would be really nice, so I hope you at least add that. Do you plan on adding the items from the Game Boy version? The action area doesn't take up the whole screen vertically and you can only move horizontally in the right third of the screen, are those restrictions by design?

Yes, I've added the score. The game actually was completed a few weeks ago. The items from the Game Boy version are present in the final rom. I designed it so you can only move horizontally in the right third of the screen, but I had to restrict the action area due to how the characters and grid are designed.

• 7 months later...