IGNORED

Digital Games Make 3x As Much As Physical In US, Says Report

JamesD

"Digital download" is amusingly redundant.

Last I checked, all reasonably-current formats are digital... CD, DVD, BRD, UHD. Analog media hasn't had serious traction since the Laserdisc and cassette tape died, and that was the *really* early 2000s.

It's a pet peeve of mine. Sorry.

I have to admit that at this stage in my life, I'm 100% onboard with digital only, although I do still like the occasional special edition packaging. I only really buy physical anymore when it's a special case or I'm wary of investing too heavily in digital that's not truly portable (a la Nintendo).

EDIT: Side note. I decided to torture myself by buying the Fast and the Furious 1 - 7 box set, since I never watched it before. It was actually cheaper for me to buy the Blu-ray set with digital codes than going direct to digital. I put in the codes for the VUDU and iTunes versions, and have been watching it on VUDU. The Blu-ray discs are thankfully in a compact case.

Edited by Bill Loguidice

If there's more subgenres than bands, then someone's making shit up somewhere. But I wouldn't disagree, as a metal fan, that there's probably a subgenre for every band - since every band will invent a word to describe their own version of metal.

lol I know, I joke. But I when I read through the massive list of subgenres of metal and electronic music, I can't help but wonder how many bands/artists there really are in some of the more obscure ones. I'm not sure if it should count as a genre if only one band is playing it, since the purpose of defining genres is to group similar things together

Last I checked, all reasonably-current formats are digital... CD, DVD, BRD, UHD. Analog media hasn't had serious traction since the Laserdisc and cassette tape died, and that was the *really* early 2000s.

It's a pet peeve of mine. Sorry.

He did add the word "download."