IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 14/15 = Cartoon Weeks, Vol. III

S.BAZ

I had a crazy week because it's birthday party season and haven't had time to game. Before I go do that I'll participate for the bonus point first.

Sous le signe des mousquetaires ( Anime San Jūshi ; The 3 musketeers anime)

35264409.jpg

It butchered the original material but damn did it keep the fun exciting swashbuckling (

). To the 7 year old me it was sooooooo good and it must have been because it's a staple of nostalgia for french and french canadians my age. It even developped a small cult following amongst anime fans that didn't watch it as kids.

Seems like the episodes of the french dub have been dumped on youtube... guess who isn't going to be playing atari tonight after all.

Edit:10 years ago I destroyed my vision of the original TMNT and today, this. My childhood is a lie.
Edited by RaccoonyDave
  • Like 1

HELPFUL INFOS FROM ORIGINAL 2600 HSC SEASON 2, WEEK 5 (by StanJr)

"The game is ALL about the pattern of the falling love tokens. Once you get that pattern down it gets much easier. The third screen will end up being the easiest, with you never needing to leave the top level! (unless you want to get your spinach on)"

"Breaking it down. Let’s take this game level by level. (I decided to share these strategies for less experienced players)

Level 1: “Sweet Hearts”
This round takes place near the docks, outside the local pub. Olive walks along the top dropping hearts for Popeye to catch. Bluto patrols the lower levels and the Seahag (as always) is waiting just off screen.

1. Bluto is an idiot. Never forget this. He will spend a lot of time wandering around the lower levels. Use this time to your advantage and grab all the tokens you can before he “finds” you. Even after he finds you, he must stay on level 2 or below at all times.
2. Olive ALWAYS drops her tokens in a pattern; learn the pattern and you will rarely have to leave the safety of the top level.
3. Should you find yourself on the second level with Bluto, you can easily trick him down to the 3rd level using the “down” ladder in the middle of the screen. Climb ¾ of the way down the ladder (DO NOT go all the way, you will not be able to get back up). Bluto will see that you are missing and drop down a level to look for you. As soon as he does, climb back up and gather those tokens. (You can also do this to duck bottles tossed at you). Using this repeatedly, you can keep Bluto on the lower levels for the entire round.
4. This goes for every level. Unless you needed it early on, save the spinach for the last 3 tokens. Allow them to fall, then grab the spinach, knock Bluto out, and grab the tokens. You get 3000 pts for Bluto and double points for all the tokens.

Level 2: “Love Notes”
This level also takes place on the docks, but has some interesting new obstacles. Olive, of course, is on the uppermost level and she drops love “notes” this time. You will also find a trampoline (that’s right a trampoline) located in each bottom corner. Bluto will stay on level 2 most of the time this round so be careful!

1. Remember the pattern hint for Stagel 1. It plays an especially important role in this round. When done properly, you can catch all the notes from level 1, journeying to level 2 only to wrap the screen and return to level 1.
2. DO NOT get trapped on level 4. The only ways out of there are the stairs or the spinach. The only reason to be on level 4 is to get the spinach and feed Bluto a knuckle sandwich.
3. The trampolines can deliver you to either level 1 or level 2. Since there is no real reason to stop on level 2, you can pass it by simply by pressing UP on the joystick as you bounce off the trampoline. Be careful not to fly up under Bluto though! The timing on this is tricky. Hit "up" just as you bounce.
4. It is easier to run from the Seahag’s bottles on this level than try to punch them.

Level 3: “X’s, X’s and more X’s”
This is my favorite level. The action now moves to a pirate ship. Olive stands on the “poop deck” tossing x’s (kisses) your way. Grab them while dodging Bluto’s clumsy attacks.

1. This level is totally cool. Bluto is fairly easy to dupe. Just keep him running from one end of the ship to the other and he will leave you alone.
2. You should never have to leave level 1 during this round. Olive almost ALWAYS tosses the kisses where you can grab them from the top deck.
3. If you do get into trouble and need to get below deck quickly, you can slide down the mast in the center of the ship (even from the top deck) by pressing down while you slide across the top deck or dropping through the gap in level 2.
4. Be careful not to slide across the center of the top deck too quickly, you can miss kisses if you slide too soon. Wait until the kiss is tossed before you take action.
5. You will have to punch all of the Seahag’s bottles this time around, luckily they come at you slowly and you have plenty of time to knock them out of the sky.

Higher Levels.
After Level 3, you will return to Level 1: “Sweet Hearts,” but this time the action will be faster. The bottles will fly faster and Bluto will wise up (just a little). Olive will also toss tokens at a faster rate. Stick to your strategies on each level, with some minor tweaks here and there, and you should be fine. Note: the bottles do not speed up ever in Round 3"

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

Master of The Universe: 8700
Popeye: 28150
Smurf: 27900

I can't say I'm having a good week score-wise. Dodging attacks in He-man is unintuitive. I can,t believe how hard Popeye2600 is compared to NesPopeye and I haven't figured out if ducking is actually doing anything in Smurf. At least that He-Man spash Screen will do a good profile pic if I can snatch a decent selfie sometime.post-52810-0-25845300-1493772358_thumb.jpgpost-52810-0-55955400-1493772259_thumb.jpgpost-52810-0-23232900-1493772201_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the real reason I joined the forum - so I have an excuse to play video games! Here are my best scores:

Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man: 9700

post-56474-0-02491500-1493836014.gif

Popeye: 40550

post-56474-0-39717500-1493836043.gif

Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle: 26200

post-56474-0-79614900-1493836063.gif

Bonus:

My favorite cartoon growing up was Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. The reason for this was Iceman - every winter as a boy, I would run and slide down icy roads, pointing my hands forward and yelling "I'm Iceman!" at the top of my lungs, all the while pretending that I was creating my very own ice-slide. Well, let's be honest, I still do that every winter (only now it's usually after a night out at the pub). ;)

post-56474-0-99044200-1493836079.gif

I'm Iceman!

• Like 3

My favorite cartoon growing up was The Bugs Bunny Show. This was back when cartoons were only shown on Saturday morning. (No cable.) Many, many now classics with Bugs, Daffy Duck, Tweety and Sylvester, Foghorn Leghorn, and more.

One of my favorite moments was Bugs and Elmer Fudd performing opera:

Elmer: "Oh Bwunhilda, you're so wuvwee."

Bugs: "Yes, I know it. I can't help it."

Elmer: "Oh Bwunhilda, be my wuv!"

My wife and I actually sing this to each other. It's probably one of the main reasons we've been married for almost 35 years. :) :-D

post-26187-0-47069500-1493865299_thumb.jpg

• Like 1