IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 14/15 = Cartoon Weeks, Vol. III

S.BAZ

@LIDLIKESINTELLIVISION (Liduario):

You got closer and closer to break the current HSC Record on Smurfs (164,000 by me, oyamafamily), but you LOST the concentration. For the next round of this HSC (Crystal Castles), I want to see you doing your best! :) ;) ;-)

@NADS (Peter Nadalin):

You deserve your great victory on Popeye - concentration is the main key to earn bonus points by breaking the HSC records. I'm very satisfied with my 167,450-point score.

• Like 2

If my score is not accepted....

...most likely it was the glitch...

I would have to say my score must have been closer to 40K since I know it started with a 4.

I watched Oyamas video while in a meeting today and there is no way I could have gotten 499k and only level 4 or 5.

You make the call Moderator... I am cool with whatever is decided.

Sorry .... didn't know there was a glitch and wasn't looking for a glitch.lol

Maybe we discovered a new glitch.... or an emulation glitch.

• Like 1

He-Man

post-32348-0-61971800-1494189875_thumb.png
Bonus

I liked many cartoons. At any given age, I had a favorite one.

At some point Smurf was my favorite cartoon and it happened when I had the Atari cartridge. I was around 6, my other games always had a kind of cannon/shooter device (missile command, megamania). Smurf was the first game I could really play and feel I was the hero.

post-32348-0-61231000-1494187964.jpg
Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 1

Speaking on Masters of the Universe:

I checked out the website called Digital Press Easter Eggs (http://www.digitpress.com/eastereggs/2600.htm). Then I clicked on "Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man" for Atari 2600 / VCS. According to this reference, there is a BUG which represent the scoring glitch, and is banned at my own discretion.

"If you get killed as a man is falling into a hole, the score may slowly go crazy - up to around 400,000. This does not register as the high score and will not show up if you play again."

• Like 1

Okay, I re-read the instructions for the bonus...since it specifies favorite cartoon, and anime has been cleared for take off, I would like to change my fav (if it's okay!) to...

Gurren Lagann!

Now, please keep in mind, I have only seen Season 2, but it is my favorite because it has a giant robot powered by WILL and teamwork. And because it is about self-becoming (and has pretty girls). And it made me cry and cry and cry, so I love it!

Also, people, as a group, make a decision because they feel it is the right thing to do, but do they know the whole story, and is it the right thing to have done?

post-41964-0-46692300-1494215160.jpg

post-41964-0-46071500-1494215174.jpg

Good show everyone! :)

some big scores! And fun to see everyone's cartoon favorites, everyone had a different one!

You make the call Moderator... I am cool with whatever is decided.

Sorry .... didn't know there was a glitch and wasn't looking for a glitch.lol

Maybe we discovered a new glitch.... or an emulation glitch.

looks like it then, thanks for the honesty! :thumbsup:

we'll call it an even 40k...

KEILBACA, your Popeye score which you submitted is NOT LEGIT by using a glitch - 115,120-point bug, which is against the rules.

Each time I post my scores for High Score Club (regardless of category), I always check my scores, identification and evidences carefully.

In the case of Popeye, I played by the standard rules, and I had to press RESET GAME button after I found the bug mentioned above.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

KEILBACA, your Popeye score which you submitted is NOT LEGIT by using a glitch - 115,120-point bug, which is against the rules.

Each time I post my scores for High Score Club (regardless of category), I always check my scores, identification and evidences carefully.

In the case of Popeye, I played by the standard rules, and I had to press RESET GAME button after I found the bug mentioned above.

Oh wow, you're right. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out but everyone else's score ends in either 50 or 00, with the only different one being Keilbaca's since it's not possible to get a score ending in 20 without exploiting the glitch.