IGNORED

Sega Genesis Sound Recording

Stevie Goodwin

Hi all, I just recorded some music from a Sega Genesis tonight using a Genesis Model 1 VA2 and a computer with Windows XP Home Edition SP3 with Sound Recorder app and it sounds great and i don't even hear distortion on my VA2. What is a best example for a distortion from a loud tune or song that is not Gunstar? Because mine only crackles if the slider is turned down all the way.

You can download the files that i recorded and share your thoughts.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ieu3tv4e259j1wr/Music+recorded+from+Genesis+Model+1+VA2.zip

Thunder Force IV has a lot of instruments that are VERY easy to distort, mainly because of how much feedback they have. If I remember correctly, one of the FM operators in the distortion guitars is nothing but static, playing alongside a few melodic operators. Sounds awful on a few emulators, but great on a good Genesis/Mega Drive.

By the way, how are you recording the audio exactly? Are you using the headphones out on the front of the system, and plugging that into a line in port on your computer? That would be the most preferable way to get the sound and it's how I do it.

Edited by Noah120

Thunder Force IV has a lot of instruments that are VERY easy to distort, mainly because of how much feedback they have. If I remember correctly, one of the FM operators in the distortion guitars is nothing but static, playing alongside a few melodic operators. Sounds awful on a few emulators, but great on a good Genesis/Mega Drive.

By the way, how are you recording the audio exactly? Are you using the headphones out on the front of the system, and plugging that into a line in port on your computer? That would be the most preferable way to get the sound and it's how I do it.

I recorded the audio using a Genesis Model 1 VA2 using a computer with Windows XP. Yes i did use the headphone port and use in the the microphone port. Also i used the Windows Sound Recorder.