IGNORED

Cities: Skylines (PS4)

If Cities: Skylines comes to the PS4 in 2017, I might do a happy dance that will be so intense that it will crack the earth in half and cause us all to go hurtling into the sun. The guy who made the video below says that Cities: Skylines is the absolute king of all city building games:

youtu.be/EExYoGlL7VE?t=5m16s

Before anyone jumps on me for not wanting to play it on a PC with a keyboard and mouse, I try to get away from the mouse and keyboard whenever I can to avoid repetitive strain injuries. Taking a B complex helps greatly, but playing games on a console that are designed to work perfectly with a controller put my hands and arms in a different position and reduces my chances of getting something like carpal tunnel syndrome.

I loved playing SimCity and SimCity 2000 on the SNES, Theme Park on the 3DO, Civilization II on the PlayStation, RollerCoaster Tycoon on the Xbox and so on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I believe it was confirmed to release for PS4 in August a few days ago, with the After Dark expansion included. Don't quite feel like looking it up, sorry.

Release Date: 08/15/2017

playstation.com/en-us/games/cities-skylines-ps4/

The middle of August isn't that far away. The wait will give me a chance to finish up some things before I disappear from AtariAge and the Internet forever. :D

youtube.com/watch?v=1TFAXEJfon4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFAXEJfon4

• Like 1

If Cities: Skylines comes to the PS4 in 2017, I might do a happy dance that will be so intense that it will crack the earth in half and cause us all to go hurtling into the sun. The guy who made the video below says that Cities: Skylines is the absolute king of all city building games:

youtu.be/EExYoGlL7VE?t=5m16s

Before anyone jumps on me for not wanting to play it on a PC with a keyboard and mouse, I try to get away from the mouse and keyboard whenever I can to avoid repetitive strain injuries. Taking a B complex helps greatly, but playing games on a console that are designed to work perfectly with a controller put my hands and arms in a different position and reduces my chances of getting something like carpal tunnel syndrome.

I loved playing SimCity and SimCity 2000 on the SNES, Theme Park on the 3DO, Civilization II on the PlayStation, RollerCoaster Tycoon on the Xbox and so on.

I've been fighting tendonitis for eight months now so yes be very very careful take a lot of breaks, try to go a couple days without playing anything on PC or console, if you feel any pain stop right away, I think I'm an expert on this subject by now... unfortunately.
The most important thing to do is take 10 minute breaks every hour and do stretches and exercises. Good ones here:
You're at higher risk if you're 40 plus but it doesn't hurt to start young
  • Like 1

I've been fighting tendonitis for eight months now so yes be very very careful take a lot of breaks, try to go a couple days without playing anything on PC or console, if you feel any pain stop right away, I think I'm an expert on this subject by now... unfortunately.

One thing that a lot of people seem to do when using a mouse is reaching up and out. That seems like a recipe for damage. On top of that, it seems like they usually have no support under their arms.

I use a recliner with pillows under my arms:

atariage.com/forums/blog/120/entry-8821-thanks-to-amazon-i-can-get-back-to-work/

blogentry-13-0-29344400-1326816884.jpg

That setup lets me use a mouse without reaching up and out. My arm is just resting there in a natural position without any kind of reaching. The recliner also lets me have my legs up instead of pointing towards hell. Much better than the average office chair.

• Like 1