IGNORED

Can YOU identify this part??

Atariman

I'm no wizard when it comes to working on electronic devices, so I'm really not quite sure what part this is. I desoldered it off of my non-working toploader nes. I'm relatively sure that it is the part that causes the system to malfunction. I turn it on, there is no sound and the title screen of the game appears, but it is extremely fuzzy and in black and white. It quickly fades out and goes to snow. This part got extremely hot every time (even though it was attached to something else that was meant to disperse the heat) and I noticed that the solder had turned a brownish color from overheating, etc.

SOOOO... does anyone know what this part is and where I might obtain one?

post-1161-1052932452_thumb.jpg

the 7805 is a 5 volt positive regulator. Its used in lots of 70's and 80's electronics. Its counterpart, the 7905, is a -5 Volt regulator. Do NOT make the mistake of using that instead..

Radio Shack has them. You could very easily figure out if it was working (with a voltmeter) though its probably just as simple to install a new one. If you cant find one, drop me a line, and I will send you one for free.

Cassidy

Archived