IGNORED

What if someone made a plug and play apple 2e system?

coleco82

• 2 weeks later...

plus there's always the issue of licensing games (the same issue we're having with the C-64 and Amiga).

I know you're already more than aware of THE64 and similar projects of uncertain future, but if they indeed launch a product eventually with pre-loaded games, it will be interesting to see what their selection is and if they've really obtained licensing of the titles or just include warez. Based on their mumbo jumbo so far, one gets the impression they do have licensing of an adequate back catalog which suggests that established partners in this world like AtGames also should be able to get it, unless the conditions are horrible.

I know you're already more than aware of THE64 and similar projects of uncertain future, but if they indeed launch a product eventually with pre-loaded games, it will be interesting to see what their selection is and if they've really obtained licensing of the titles or just include warez. Based on their mumbo jumbo so far, one gets the impression they do have licensing of an adequate back catalog which suggests that established partners in this world like AtGames also should be able to get it, unless the conditions are horrible.

I can't go into details, but basically what Cloanto has access to has very specific/particular restrictions into how it can and cannot be used. I also can't go into any details about any contact between THE64 team and AtGames.

• Like 2

i like the Apple II but there's only a handful of games I like, and i prefer to play in the green or white monochrome.

Wavy Navy is my favourite Apple II game

Other favourites of mine include Number Squares, Galaxian, and Taipan.

Oregon Trail would also be a neat candidate, but that game's too easy for me and lacks variety. i've never lost even once and everything is deterministic and the obstacles don't seem to be based on chance but rather, by which month you pick to begin with. So you beat it once (which you will on your first go), you can beat it every time.

The game just gave me too many hints an entire tutorial on how to not die. At the beginning it tells you what month to pick and Matt recommends a certain number of each stuff to buy and you'd naturally buy just a bit more than the recommended minimum and then you basically won't be able to lose.

Other Apple classics like Prince of Persia and Lode Runner are also titles I could see going into such a system if one was ever made.

Edited by Tangentg

Oregon Trail would also be a neat candidate, but that game's too easy for me and lacks variety.

OT would get me once in a while, mainly cause it was easy and I would push it, kind of like hardcore mode on fallout

in fact I tried a speed run on it a few months ago just to see how fast I could do it in, and I died right before getting to the river

its kind of like an RTS that way, sure you can balls out on level 1 and dominate it no problem, but go play it again with the goal of having the max amount of money and resources when you get there... almost like there should have been a followup game

so you made it, broke as hell and crapping your pants sick, now make a life hehe

Edited by Osgeld