IGNORED

What would the perfect Nintendo "retro" console look like to you?

This is why I never buy anything at launch & always focus on software- just because my Wii U is already obsolete doesn't mean it was a waste of money- I got enough games out of it to be worth the investment. No system last forever, sometimes really great ones die early deaths because their parent companies are dumb (*coughvitacough*).Just make sure you can get what you want out of it before you go in.

I bought my Wii U last January, when it was already pretty clear that the U was not going to be around much longer. My reason was, I wanted the games on there, I couldn't get them anywhere else, and I would consider the 6-7 games that interested me to be enough to justify the purchase. The fact that it was an HDMI-capable Wii as well sealed the deal.

I bought my Wii U last January, when it was already pretty clear that the U was not going to be around much longer. My reason was, I wanted the games on there, I couldn't get them anywhere else, and I would consider the 6-7 games that interested me to be enough to justify the purchase. The fact that it was an HDMI-capable Wii as well sealed the deal.

Oh yeah- about the time I got my Wii U, my step nieces/nephew were coming by a lot, so my parents were pleased to get a hand-me-down Wii. Dad can golf indoors, mom can bowl without worrying about the weight affecting her wrists, and the kids can be occupied during visits. And I get to save me some valuable entertainment center space. Not that a Wii takes much up, but still.