Jump to content

atari2600land's Blog - Insects fighting


Recommended Posts

So I was looking through my computer when I noticed a file called insect1.bin. I opened it. It was an Odyssey 2 program. I discovered I had insect8.a48 and .bin. I opened it up. In that one was an Insecticide title screen and fighter selection screens. There were a few things wrong with it, so I decided since Oranges is done to perhaps work on this again. I fixed the stuff wrong, which took me a few hours. I made the grass better so it stretches to the ends of the screen. I decided that if I continue work on this, it would need to be a 2-player game since I don't think I can come up with a good enough AI system. Then I tested it out and a few kink working outs later, I had a working insect9.bin file the way I wanted it to be. If I decide to keep working on it, it would have to be 4k since what I have done is already 1200 bytes. This would have to be sprite mayhem, adding a few sprites for each character, one for kicking, one for punching, etc. Being 4 characters, there would probably be a dozen or so new sprites to be designed and called to display whenever the time is correct. This is why I'm wondering if I am up to the task of making this. If I decide to, it would be in the same vein as Title Match Pro Wrestling for the 2600, except without the airplane swinging since I wouldn't know how to program the controls for that in. So that's what I'm doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...