IGNORED

New, HOT STUFF from Poland ;)

Sikor

hello folks, I've noticed that our game is not playable due to fact, that the main character tends to fall down and it is quite iritating, I've fixed that by adding long platforms at the bottom of the page, I hope it helps, cheers
fixed.png
download link:
http://atarionline.pl/forum/?PostBackAction=Download&AttachmentID=9011

Edited by gorgh
  • Like 7

I think +Adam+ is too overloaded for that. When human cloning tech is done, we will clone +Adam+ for that task ; ).

ps. +Adam+ I love read ur news/reports.

But then you have to clone KAZ also, since he had/has the same problem as Adam and thats why he is not very active anymore at atarionline...

My personal / extremely subjective impression of the games:

Crazy Cat: nice game, good controls, good gfx - but I am missing some enemies. And errm, after level 1 (without collecting everything), I got the congratulations screen and did return to the title, so it is much too short...

Time Pilot: great gfx, unusual controls (for me!), never played this game in the arcades or on any other platform; need some training here, since I do not get far / get killed very often and fast (game over in less than a minute) and fight with the controls (usual: left turns left, right turns right, etc. but thats not the case here)...

Headache: hmmm, I never use SpartaDOS or SDX, so it looks like this game is unplayable for me unless Homesoft creates a single XEX fileversion of it (or I find a way to use the batchfiles under a DOS 2.x)...

Hot & Cold Adventure: good gfx (in level 1, I do not like them in level 2), good controls, but a little hard for me, always lose a life at the same spots, but thanks to the video at aol I know how to get further now, I think. This seems to be more of a jump-around and collect coins type game, thus a platformer and not a jump&run; would be cool to have some more elements or features from Super Mario (e.g. jump on the enemies to kill them)...

Vox Regis: an economic simulation a la Kaiser, Santa Paravia, (german) or Ham(m)urabi, Kingdom, Safryland (english) and many others, alas completely in polish language and therefore unplayable for me. Hopefully an english version will be available someday...

Black Rescue: simple but adequate gfx, good controls, seems very easy (too easy?) to me; row your boat to the right side of the first part of the screen and magically appear on the second part of the screen below, rescue a man there, wait until the helicopter is gone in the 1st part of the screen (it cannot reach the 2nd part of the screen) and row back to the left of the screen. When done, repeat.

Looking forward to many more surprises at the next Wapniak party (or at Silly Venture party)... ;-)

Headache: ... Homesoft creates a single XEX fileversion of it

I seriously hope that it is impossible: batch interpretation requires the SDX library, the SDX library is on the cartridge, and the cartridge is banked.

I guess it would be much easier to create a standalone batch interpreter mimicking the behaviour of the SDX command processor. But it seems even easier to just run SDX. Your choice :)

Weird - with it running there seems no usage of low Ram from $600-$1FFF (unless it clears it all?)

Looking at the load sequence, you'd think it'd be fine with almost all loaders... maybe it stomps over some z-page stuff?

EXE: Loading program 0006-3E89 to 6000-9E83
EXE: Loading program 3E8E-3F1D to 5C00-5C8F
EXE: Loading program 3F22-4117 to 7C00-7DF5
EXE: Loading program 411C-411D to 02E2-02E3
EXE: Jumping to 5C00
EXE: Loading program 4122-4247 to 2000-2125
EXE: Loading program 424C-5C4B to 3000-49FF
EXE: Loading program 5C50-664F to 4C00-55FF
EXE: Loading program 6654-6655 to 02E2-02E3
EXE: Jumping to 2000
EXE: Loading program 665A-698D to 2000-2333
EXE: Loading program 6992-8EDF to 2338-4885
EXE: Loading program 8EE4-98ED to 4900-5309
EXE: Loading program 98F2-9913 to BF00-BF21
EXE: Loading program 9918-9938 to BF40-BF60
EXE: Loading program 993D-995C to BF80-BF9F
EXE: Loading program 9961-9975 to BFC0-BFD4
EXE: Loading program 997A-99B7 to AB82-ABBF
EXE: Loading program 99BC-9A7B to AC00-ACBF
EXE: Loading program 9A80-9F22 to AD00-B1A2
EXE: Loading program 9F29-A7EA to B200-BAC1
EXE: Loading program A7EF-A7F0 to 02E0-02E1
EXE: Launching at 2000

Both TPILOT and TPILOT16 load fine from my Ultimate cart, but since I have an un-accelerated 802, the timing is way off. Also some graphic corruption on the 16 bit one. The 8 bit one works fine.

That's the quirk. There's an optimized version for non Atari hardware, but there is no optimized version for original Ataris.

• Like 1

I just tried apeloader and it worked fine..Ultimate cart loader , fine ..... I will try some others.... dos 2 is fine I guess my project for today will be.... see what DOS / loader runs Timepilot... most of us got lucky it seems :)

Edited by _The Doctor__

Headache: hmmm, I never use SpartaDOS or SDX, so it looks like this game is unplayable for me unless Homesoft creates a single XEX fileversion of it (or I find a way to use the batchfiles under a DOS 2.x)...

Yesterday I spoke with Pirx about making more "compact" version of Headache. Let's see what he can do. :)

Hi, im one of TimePilot coders.

Final version should arrive soon. It going to have almost all missing stuff so far (like enemy bombs/rockets, squadrons, better enemy movement, different balance, airscrew animations). Global pacing (velocity) is slower because of lower playfield (it could be same as original). When the game is done we will release second .XEX with arcade pacing for TimePilot veterans.

Our goal is to have TimePilot A8 version close to original as possible and running on Atari8 xl/xe 64k and of course to have best 8 bit conversion on Atari :)

TimePilot should run without problems (pacing is a bit different but is fully playable); final version will have few tweaks for NTSC.

This is an excellent game. Best to come out in a long time. Please continue the development. The game play mechanics are fine, as far as I'm concerned. With a comfortable controller, I can make it through several repetitions of all 5 time periods. It is challenging, but not at all unplayable. There is definitely room for increased enemy action and difficulty.

hello folks, I've noticed that our game is not playable due to fact, that the main character tends to fall down and it is quite iritating, I've fixed that by adding long platforms at the bottom of the page, I hope it helps, cheers

fixed.png

download link:

http://atarionline.pl/forum/?PostBackAction=Download&AttachmentID=9011

Nice game! I'm really enjoying it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just played this for the first time on real hardware today.

I don't know if this was already mentioned in the thread here. Everything is working as expected except I'm getting graphic garbage on the first blue scanline (sky/background) of the play screen. The garbage is always located directly in vertical line with the player's ship or text that's displayed in the middle of the screen (level text, etc.).

I'm playing on an unmodded NTSC 800XL.

This doesn't show up in Altirra for me.

Edited by MrFish

It's known issue. In fact the game was prepared for Wapniak 2016 party but due to some mysterious circumctances it hasn't been finished enough to show it publicly.

This year guys put the stuff together and released the game. Unfortunately, it's still party version, and some things are missing, and there are some issues as well. So - stay tuned and wait for the final version. :)

Edited by miker
  • Like 2