IGNORED

"Kult" graphics question

Just need someone to check if the following text makes sense, and you can hack the intro.

One of the greatest minds on Earth has ran series of experiments with artificial
production of organic mass. He had achieved very effective process of production.

Shortly all the Institute's containers became filled with shapeless goo. Due to atom reactor
failure the goo became alive and it turned into disgusting monsters.

It was the beginning of the collapse. There wasn't much time for the human beings.
In the last desperate impulse the modern helicopter was constructed and armed.
Alas, there was no time to test it.

They chose the best person for destroying dangerous creatures. The best of pilots, 
perfect trained and with outstanding battle reflex. 

They chose you.

Now it's your chance for saving the human race and achieving immortal glory.
So, take the controller in your strong hand and aware of your mission's importance
fly to destroy all the monsters.

Now, go to destroy the results of science's cult.
The cult which has turned against its believers.

If you don't want to watch this demo just boot the program from second disk side.
 Intro was created by: Dariusz Bartoszewski (graphics) and Carampuc (program).

(c) 1992 .....

Flip disk and press START
Edited by miker

Revised text. But, a big WTF on "science's cult". That part needs some work.

Also the forum engine kindly screwed up my work, I had put additions in bold and removed stuff with strikeout but hitting the button to get rid of the WYSIWYG mode in the editor turned it all to crap.

One of the greatest minds on Earth has ran a series of experiments with artificial
production of organic mass. He achieved a very effective process of production.

Shortly afterwards all the Institute's containers became filled with shapeless goo. Due to atomic reactor

It was the beginning of the collapse. There wasn't much time for the human beings.
In a last desperate move the modern helicopter was constructed and armed.
Alas, there was no time to test it.

They chose the best person for destroying the dangerous creatures. The best of pilots,
perfectly trained and with outstanding battle reflex.

They chose you.

Now it's your chance to save the human race and achieve immortal glory.
So, take the controller in your strong hand and be aware of your mission's importance
fly to destroy all the monsters.

Now, go destroy the results of science's cult.

The cult which has turned against its believers.

If you don't want to watch this demo just boot the program from second disk side.

© 1992 .....

One of the greatest minds on Earth has run a series of experiments with artificial
production of organic compounds
. He achieved a very effective process of production.

Shortly after, all the Institute's containers became filled with shapeless goo. Due to an atom reactor

It was the beginning of the end. There wasn'
t much time for the human beings.
In a last desperate impulse an advanced helicopter was constructed and armed.
There was no time to test it.

They chose the best person for destroying dangerous creatures. The best of pilots,
perfectly trained and with outstanding battle reflexes.

They chose you.

Now it's your chance to save the human race and achieve immortal glory.
So, take the controller into your adept hands and be aware of your mission'
s importance!
Fly and destroy all the monsters
!

Now, go destroy the results of this scientific cult's work.
The cult which has turned against its creators.

If you don'
t want to watch this demo just boot the program from second disk side.

(c) 1992 .....

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Wow ! Never seen this before. I thought there were no more games like that on A8 :)

AA member Duddie is selling boxed copies as part of his "Collector's Edition" game re-releases. I definitely recommend Kult and the amazing Impossible Mission/Wolfenstein hybrid Hans Kloss. Awesome games.

• Like 1

I should have clarified: I'm using an s-video connection.

If composite is still a part of your video circuit there is bleed over and you will get some artifacting still. So if it's stock video (some stock Atari machines, I forget which exactly off hand other than my 1200XL, still use the composite line for S-video too, so you will never get a clean S-video picture until that is modded) or even if your computer has had a Clearpic or Supervideo 2.1 mod, etc., unless the composite is disconnected from the video circuit you will get interference from it. I did the SV 2.1 mod to my 1200XL, and also removed the RF to lose interference from it, and the SV 2.1 mod lets you install a switch to turn composite on or off, and I re-purposed the RF channel switch for this purpose. Now I can shut off composite and have a completely non-artifacted picture on my LCD monitor. If I want to play games that use artifacting for color, then I turn composite back on and switch to it on the monitor. KULT is not made to purposely use artifacting, or, as far as I understand, any game made in PAL land does not use artifacting since PAL does not artifact the same way as NTSC. As far as I know, only games made in NTSC land ever purposely used artifacting as a coloring technique. All artifacting in PAL games is coincidental.

Edited by Gunstar