IGNORED

Space Zap 2600 Idea

VGAGuy

I am trying to make the first home port of space zap and have most of the graphics figured out.

My main problem is, I can't find out if the copyright on the original space zap was dissolved, in another company's hands or floating in the abyss.

If I can make Space Zap for the 2600 without getting sued then I'll go for it(I probably should finish ski challenge first). I think the bigges coding problem I'll have will be the satellite part of the game but other than that I should be able to figure out the rest(I hope).

P.S. I know there is a similar game made for the 2600 back in the day but I would like to make an "official" port.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by VGAGuy

• 1 month later...

I'd say you're fine with making the port. It's more of a forgotten title (even though it's loved by us). Nothing would really happen. Also, the port sounds really cool. I played Space Zap so much in the arcades.

• 1 month later...

So it'll just be this game with perhaps different graphics? Or are you the one who did it?

http://www.atari2600homebrew.com/vault-assault-atariage.html

Speaking of Vault Assult, I wonder what the difficulty switches did (I downloaded the rom off of AtariAge). Setting both to A seems to make the fighters spawn faster but I dunno which does what exactly.

Edit: I see a colour indication with the left difficulty set to A, though it'll still be cool to have the switches' functions clarified and if Select does anything.

Edited by Tangentg