IGNORED

Hard Head by Activision for Atari 2600

panamajoe

Guess the title is now known. Wonder if this one for auction is more complete that the dump find NTSC one from years back?

Yeah, especially since the MM could be HH on the NTSC proto. Interesting.

Yeah, especially since the MM could be HH on the NTSC proto. Interesting.

That would make sense. If nothing else comes of this at least the game now has a proper title. Would be neat to ask the activision guys about it now that the game can be mentioned by name.

EDIT: After a closer look at the old NTSC one it's clear that it's not MM but HH as you suggest. It's the same style handwriting looping the line in the middle of the H attaching from the top right of the letter to the middle of the left of it, very distinctively as well. I'd go as far as to suggest that both labels where written by the same person.

post-7107-0-14118400-1495083329.jpg

post-7107-0-79595600-1495083361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shawn

Well what do you know. Finally, we have a tittle!

I'd say the PAL version in that auction is a later version since it has a giant alien guy at the top of the screen that the NTSC version is missing. Just a guess on my part though.

• Like 1

Well what do you know. Finally, we have a tittle!

I'd say the PAL version in that auction is a later version since it has a giant alien guy at the top of the screen that the NTSC version is missing. Just a guess on my part though.

Any new code could be implemented into the old NTSC version which would be cool. That or just fix the scanline count if it's not something game breaking.

This is incredible. Great news. Even if all we gain here is the final discovery of the name of the game, then it's still of great benefit. Would be even better if it's further along and/or if someone we know wins it.

Always found it odd that Activision couldn't identify it though.

This is incredible. Great news. Even if all we gain here is the final discovery of the name of the game, then it's still of great benefit. Would be even better if it's further along and/or if someone we know wins it.

Always found it odd that Activision couldn't identify it though.

My hope is that a proper title might be able to jog some memories in those that had previously forgot about it.

Hi Guys - My name is Nic and I am the current owner of the cart in question - I am so pleased that it is a rarity and has hopefully helped answer a few questions - the link to the listing on ebay is here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hard-Head-HardHead-Activision-1983-ATARI-2600-Cart-Only-PAL-Super-Rare-/192190035715?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

for those of you that may not have seen it yet... I am selling off a whole collection so check out my other listings too

Any questions you have - fire away

Nic

• Like 1

I will try to get a video made today with gameplay and post a link in here :) without instructions it is hard to work out what I am supposed to do, from the little I played on it the other day it was very responsive and played well but I just didn't know what i was meant to be doing LOL

• Like 1