IGNORED

Hard Head by Activision for Atari 2600

panamajoe

What?!

Your own video and internet postings spamming across YouTube, newsgroups, forums, Facebook, etc, specifically & obviously done to attract an over abundance of attention (orchestrated by YOU yourself) has backfired, derailed your auction, & caused you grief and your complaining?!

Complaining to whom? Yourself of course; right?

Because you certainly won't find anyone here feeling sorry for your self inflicted situation. Especially seeing as you made an account here only a few days ago...because you love Atari & you love this place right?

It's a double edged sword. The publicity you were seeking comes at a price. A little less, would have yielded more. In fact, as history has shown, often times the ripples in the water are so intense, they find their way to another owner or even to the programmer himself. Resulting in the one of a kind data suddenly becoming shareware; and the value of the ubiquitous item plummeting to its early death.

I have no horse in this race. But make no mistake, what has been said here by our community experts is accurate. What you have is valuable, but nowhere near what you hoped or dreamed it would be.

This was mishandled from the getgo; and often that's how this happens. It's completely random when & where these items turn up.

If I have 'mishandled' this then fair enough, that is my bad, i had no idea what I had until it was pointed out to me - at which point I wanted to let as many people as possible who would be interested in buying this cart hear about the sale – I have never said I love Atari - I am a Nintendo Fan, and yes I joined this forum simply to share the fact that i had this cart that you may be interested in - to which some have thanked me for - do I want to sell it yes - for whatever I can get for it.... yes... I am not complaining.... if this auction is derailed by idiots, so be it, I will sell the cart regardless... at the end of the day - a week ago I had a cart that to me was worthless, and now it is of interest to many and eventually someone who wants it will buy it - you can hate me if you like - it changes nothing.

We'll see what happens but I will not put in a bid as I am very suspecious of this auction.

What are you suspicious about - I have found a cart - it has been pointed out to me it has significance - I am trying to sell it - and idiots are placing stupid bids... there is no great mystery here

• Like 1

I guess the better word to use is concerned. Like Supergun mentioned, overexposure brings consequences. It is like when one wants to be famous (i.e. actor), once they become famous, they miss their privacy. Mr. Nic Hills, at this point, I guess I am more paranoid and concerned about this whole auction. This may not be your doing (the shilling) but at this point whatever it is, the price is going out of control. There are other collectors too and they may bid but I am definitely not. If you want to talk more about this offline, you can PM me but do not expect an Ebay bid from me, that is for sure. Like I mentioned before, I own one of the unknown Activision protos so I am OK with not getting it. Good luck with the auction and I hope it goes through for the final auction price.

I guess the better word to use is concerned. Like Supergun mentioned, overexposure brings consequences. It is like when one wants to be famous (i.e. actor), once they become famous, they miss their privacy. Mr. Nic Hills, at this point, I guess I am more paranoid and concerned about this whole auction. This may not be your doing (the shilling) but at this point whatever it is, the price is going out of control. There are other collectors too and they may bid but I am definitely not. If you want to talk more about this offline, you can PM me but do not expect an Ebay bid from me, that is for sure. Like I mentioned before, I own one of the unknown Activision protos so I am OK with not getting it. Good luck with the auction and I hope it goes through for the final auction price.

Yes I too am concerned that genuine bidders will simply be put off and not bid... I will let the auction run & assume it will end in a non payer - if that is the case I will offer it to the underbidders and if at that point I can't get a sale I will simply take private offers or re-list at a high buy it now price and take direct offers on the new ebay listing. With hindsight my mistake was sharing the listing within the reselleing & ebay community (which is huge) but also has many many people who have a problem with me because of my youtube channel - (they don't like me sharing how I earn a living on ebay), i am pretty sure it is some of these guys trying to derail the listing for their own sick pleasure..

Yeah, the auction has gone rather nuts, but as said, I don't think this is anything to do with Nic, but people outside of whatever buggering it up, to use a colloquial British term.

Yes I am pretty sure it is the same bunch of idiots who troll my youtube channel messing about... hopefully a few genuine bidders will not be put off and I will be able to make a sale.

I have messaged some of the very active bidders to ask their true intentions - if they are just trolling and placing stupid bids I doubt they will respond, however some spam bids have been removed which is a step in the right direction

You could change it to pre-approved bidders and all the spammy, shilly, asshole like bids will go away.

• Like 1

Wow Nic, congratulations. You just broke the record for the highest PAL proto ever sold. I am glad the sale went through for ya. The good thing that came out of this is that we have a name for the Unknown Activision game #2. I wonder who the Polish collector is... I guess I have some competition now..... :)

Hi Guys

well it ended at £5100 and went to a buyer in Poland who paid immediately.. not sure if I will take a cheap flight over to hand deliver or ship it Fed-Ex tracked & insured etc... but at least the guy was genuine and paid straight away :)

If paid via Paypal, get that payment locked down in a secure vault in case the payment is fradulent. And yes, I'd be sending the thing tracked and insured up the eyeballs, and film the entire thing, in case there's a dispute about not being sent what they paid for (which has happened scam wise with a friend of mine on something valuable). Not doubting the buyer, but I'd be taking every precaution for that amount of money paid.

If paid via Paypal, get that payment locked down in a secure vault in case the payment is fradulent. And yes, I'd be sending the thing tracked and insured up the eyeballs, and film the entire thing, in case there's a dispute about not being sent what they paid for (which has happened scam wise with a friend of mine on something valuable). Not doubting the buyer, but I'd be taking every precaution for that amount of money paid.

I have to agree on this one. There are so many ways to scam buyers on ebay these days. I stopped selling there because of it.