IGNORED

VecFever

TomSon

I'm interested as well. VectrexRoli's video just blew my mind. This thing is amazing icon_mrgreen.gif

Also, please include the LED in the production version. That's too cool!

you can add your own you just have to solder 4 points, the part costs less than a dollar. finding a clear shell will be a bit more difficult although there is suppose to be a batch coming soon.

• Like 1

you can add your own you just have to solder 4 points, the part costs less than a dollar. finding a clear shell will be a bit more difficult although there is suppose to be a batch coming soon.

Exactly,

this is very easy - if you can get hold of a transparent case and know where the hot part of a soldering iron is:

the LED fits exactly in an area between the voltage regulator and the processor without having to shorten

the legs. For a first test you don't need to solder (first pic), just put it in and power it via usb.

post-50731-0-31092300-1495817227_thumb.png

post-50731-0-62355900-1495817265_thumb.png

post-50731-0-45921800-1495817384.png

Edited by TomSon
  • Like 4

It might not be a big deal for people who have the confidence and/or some experience with soldering, but I don't want to take the risk of doing it myself and damaging it. I'd gladly pay extra for an LED version :)

Edited by vectory.pos

Not that you guys need convincing but I have an early/developers edition (just the pcb no LED Tom gave me a label sticker with it so I made me own case from a Sean Kelly shell)

and from a player perspective the 3 new games + having high score save added to existing GCE games has got me playing games more often and trying to break my bests and what not, worth it for those two features alone to me, and the development stuff is just icing on the cake.

• Like 2