IGNORED

VecFever

TomSon

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

There are quite a few competitors out there or in the works, but obviously Thomas is still interested in the project. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2022!

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but email Thomas and tell him you're interested in Vecfever. I was finally able to get one. He has the MicroSD version for about $150 shipped, and the normal USB version for about $250. The MicroSD version is a full VecFever cart except no USB port and you gotta provide your own shell. That's what I ended up getting in order to save a bit of money. The original VecFever has onboard rewritable memory chips that need to be flashed by connecting to USB, whereas the MicroSD version just uses a MicroSD card. Otherwise they're exactly the same thing.

http://www.vecfever.com/cookie-policy-eu/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but email Thomas and tell him you're interested in Vecfever. I was finally able to get one. He has the MicroSD version for about $150 shipped, and the normal USB version for about $250.

Thanks for the heads up! It's been a while since I checked in with him. I'd love a SD card version, as my old VF has been totally maxed out on space for a while now. Now I'd only be limited by the SD card's size, instead of being at the mercy of a flash chip. :) I just hope he's willing to ship to the US.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Thanks for the heads up! It's been a while since I checked in with him. I'd love a SD card version, as my old VF has been totally maxed out on space for a while now. Now I'd only be limited by the SD card's size, instead of being at the mercy of a flash chip. :) I just hope he's willing to ship to the US.

He had no problem shipping to the USA in my case. Hopefully he's willing to sell some more of the MicroSD card versions. The memory on the regular VecFever definitely did seem quite restrictive. On the MicroSD card version I've got every ROM version there is of every arcade ROM, with many GB of space left of course.

• Like 5

On 12/24/2021 at 9:55 PM, Quetzalcoatl said:

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but email Thomas and tell him you're interested in Vecfever. I was finally able to get one. He has the MicroSD version for about $150 shipped, and the normal USB version for about $250. The MicroSD version is a full VecFever cart except no USB port and you gotta provide your own shell. That's what I ended up getting in order to save a bit of money. The original VecFever has onboard rewritable memory chips that need to be flashed by connecting to USB, whereas the MicroSD version just uses a MicroSD card. Otherwise they're exactly the same thing.

http://www.vecfever.com/cookie-policy-eu/

hello

Where to find a box suitable for micro SD Vecfever?
Do you think the one for the Vecmulti is suitable (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:49302) ?

Il looks like...

Thanks

vecmulticase.png

vecmulticase2.png

vecmulticase3.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pkerga said:

hello

Where to find a box suitable for micro SD Vecfever?
Do you think the one for the Vecmulti is suitable (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:49302) ?

Il looks like...

Thanks

vecmulticase.png

vecmulticase2.png

vecmulticase3.png

A standard Vectrex cartridge shell worked for the Vecfever microSD, so that 3d printer file should work. It doesn't need a hole in the back for a USB cord like the Vextreme did. You can order cartridge shells from Sean Kelly very affordably as well:

http://vectrexmulti.com/order2.html#!/Vectrex-Empty-Cartridge-Shells/c/38886086

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 3:27 AM, Quetzalcoatl said:

A standard Vectrex cartridge shell worked for the Vecfever microSD, so that 3d printer file should work. It doesn't need a hole in the back for a USB cord like the Vextreme did. You can order cartridge shells from Sean Kelly very affordably as well:

http://vectrexmulti.com/order2.html#!/Vectrex-Empty-Cartridge-Shells/c/38886086

No need to acces to sd card slot ?

Well I got a reply from Thomas.  He said there is a quite a queue ahead of me so it could be a long time.  Quite happy to wait :) 

I hope he mentioned I was ahead of you. [emoji3] I’ve been waiting for about 3 months so far. I’m happy to be amongst the waiters.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was also looking to get a VecFever.

I assume this listing for an Ultimate version is different  from the recent posts in this thread.  Is it real? Didn't know VecFever cam with MAME ROMs too.

At £1,400.00 that would put it at around 1681.40.  Seems a lot more than $150 to $250 mentioned in some recent post. But is this version worth it?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-games-consoles/rare-quot-vecfever-quot-cartridge-for-vectrex-console./1423884982

Vecfever, ultra rare Vectrex development system ( ULTIMATE EDITION ) No 11 of 20
Can collect from me in Hove, plays a lot of very cool games on the Vectrex.

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

Edited by Cintivoch

10 hours ago, Cintivoch said:

I assume this listing for an Ultimate version is different  from the recent posts in this thread. 

It’s not, or not meaningfully. It seems like a standard online asking price. Your choices are: wait for Thomas or pay through the nose. Or get a PiTrex or Vextreme for now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cintivoch said:

Was also looking to get a VecFever.

I assume this listing for an Ultimate version is different  from the recent posts in this thread.  Is it real? Didn't know VecFever cam with MAME ROMs too.

At £1,400.00 that would put it at around 1681.40.  Seems a lot more than $150 to $250 mentioned in some recent post. But is this version worth it?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-games-consoles/rare-quot-vecfever-quot-cartridge-for-vectrex-console./1423884982

Vecfever, ultra rare Vectrex development system ( ULTIMATE EDITION ) No 11 of 20
Can collect from me in Hove, plays a lot of very cool games on the Vectrex.

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

Hehe, that's me... or rather that's mine, sorry about the price chaps it's what I paid for it at auction, anyway I feel a bit like cutting off a limb by selling it, I'm a developer myself ( one game in the offing and a couple of other bibbles ) and when this cartridge came up I didn't think I'd ever get my grubby mittens on one, anyhew but my ole Vectrex had a bit of a wobble and I thought to myself doh why I orta... so I wanted to claw back some of what I paid at least ( yeah right ) and thought about selling it again, I'm in the UK you see and Gumtree was there to hand so..., but you know what I may just leave it for another special day at that auction site beginning with the letter E and see If I can summon up some interest there, give some people a fair crack of the whip at getting one of these bad boys ( or the Rolls-Royce version of one ) but I have to tell you it's a sheer joy to use and play with... I feel utter delight playing Asteroids on there ( along with all the other games ) such a delightful privilege, you know Thomas has done astonishing things with the system and I feel like I've just scratched the surface of it's potential, so ahh I dunno, a guy feels quite bad selling her you know... and every time I play BattleZone on there or Star Wars/Tempest etc woah... utterly amazing, a heavy price tag yes but worth it in my view, If you can snag one for a tenth of the price oh yes lovely jubbly... If you've got the green you can beat the scene... they say... incidentally that TailGunner overlay I bought in the US of gold ole A and behind the Vectrex is Vector Pilot ( amazing ) and Vector Patrol ( again just amazing ) in their boxes and they are superb games for the system... and you can't see too well but under the Vectrex in the picture is a 1979 Cosmic Guerilla from Universal ( cocktail ) which runs my arcade pcb ( ArcadeSD ) which is American, I'm currently writing an arcade game myself which will become a real-world living breathing machine in a cabinet with artwork, marquee the lot... lovely ( Star Force remake basically ) so yeah... My ding-dong buzzed with the word "vec fever" and here I am... again sorry for the offensive price-tag and Thomas wow thank you thank you thank you ( if you ever read this ) for the dedication and joy, cheers.

4 hours ago, Dieter Laser said:

Since I still get asked frequently for one and after years of not offering any I have decided for once to build a few for others of the latest VF -the Mark II- which in this incarnation uses 128MB; so if you are interested in one do contact me.

Now I'm receiving messages for orders…

This is a quote from Thomas' site guys, I'm not selling any VecFever cards

Just read on his webpage:

https://www.vecfever.com/2021/03/13/vecfever-mark-ii-128mb/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, jgkspsx said:

It’s not, or not meaningfully. It seems like a standard online asking price. Your choices are: wait for Thomas or pay through the nose. Or get a PiTrex or Vextreme for now.

Vextreme is simply a multicart. PiTrex does have some MAME games playable on it however. You need to order the actual Pitrex cartridge from Australia, then also get the correct version of Raspberry Pi (Raspberry Pi Zero WH), which has the header pins presoldered on that allow it to be plugged into the Pitrex. And you also need a MicroSD card as well. All told it ends up about $90-100 with all 3 of those items combined.

• Like 1

Example of a VecFever SD recently received from @TomSon. Yes, some assembly required.  If you don't want to do the work, then suggest you request the other VecFever already package in a Vectrex cartridge shell.  It will cost more. This VecFever SD is completely usable without installing the header and/or LED. But you will need to supply your own micro SD card. And a cartridge shell if you want it protected.

And Yes, VecFever SD will fit inside one of @SeanKelly's reproduction Vectrex cart shells without modification (http://www.vectrexmulti.com/order2.html).  The fitment will be tight.  Better to modify the shell with a slot for easy SD card access. Or create a 3D printed shell for this board. 

VecFever SD 2021 version by Thomas Sontowski.jpg

Edited by Vectrexer
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...