IGNORED

Switch E3 2017 predictions

Rev

https://www.e3expo.com

E3 is about a month away.

Anyone have any predictions of what we will see from Nintendo and 3rd parties? Or wishes/hopes.

Mario Odyssey is a given as well as Arms and Splatoon 2.

I hoping to see Pikmin 4, and a Metroid.

Probably we will see a few more EA Sports titles.

And possibly Call Of Duty WW2.

https://www.e3expo.com

E3 is about a month away.

Anyone have any predictions of what we will see from Nintendo and 3rd parties? Or wishes/hopes.

Mario Odyssey is a given as well as Arms and Splatoon 2.

I hoping to see Pikmin 4, and a Metroid.

Probably we will see a few more EA Sports titles.

And possibly Call Of Duty WW2.

There is no way COD:WW2 is gonna run on the Switch unless it's a very inferior, heavily crippled version.

Inferior is in the eyes of the beholder. If it can pull off 720/1080p(upscaled for TV) and doesn't lose the core mechanics of every stage, every AI, and so forth...so what if it lacks a few extra million triangles? Remember the system can run those same engines a bone stock PS4 and One can (Unity, Unreal 4, etc.) It just comes down to the developer and if they want to make a fast easy post for a few more bucks in profit on their end. Clearly the Switch still is selling and moving along, it's not WiiU. The Wii was grossly shot to hell compared to the PS3 and yet Activision still had Treyarch convert over CODWaW, and all 3 of the Modern Warfare games in good order without being much of a loss other than in a lot of detail lost dropped to standard definition. If Activision cares to continue their support of Nintendo as they did on the Wii and NintendoDS with the COD franchise I'd count on it coming over.

I think we'll see more more fleshed out currently under NDA support from third parties. NIntendo will greatly reveal more with Mario Odyssey and then a mix of a few yet to be seen or only noted in text so far titles as they won't just rely on Mario alone on the floor along with their Splatoon 2 contest.

I think we'll see more more fleshed out currently under NDA support from third parties.

If the Switch is gonna continue to sell like it currently is it will be on the back of first party Nintendo games as the Switch is just not powerful enough to run the AAA titles that most 3rd party companies are already making for the XB1 and PS4. I love Nintendo but I think they might have screwed the pooch yet again with the Switch. I wish it was more than it is but it's just not.

Then we'll agree to disagree. The system currently can run current modern game engines for the other big guys, just with a hit to performance in polygons primarily. Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 is a good example of that as you can find side by side pictures online of the same attention to detail in there, but much more angular graphics. Plus like I said, if the base is there and the will too, you can get games much like all those COD titles Activision put on the Wii of all things. I'd rather take a wait and see approach than just moan about more doom. I'm aware that it's basically on the level of the Shield TV 2017 model with some customized tweaks so there's a cap how far it can obviously get pushed.

It's sometimes difficult for me to post predictions, without tangling them up in "wishes."

I wish there would be a new, original Star Wars spaceship game, somewhere between X-Wing/TIE Fighter and Rogue Squadron/Starfighter in complexity.

Prediction: no new Star Wars game. :(

I also wish they'd port the Nvidia Shield versions of Half-Life 2 and Portal to the Switch. They should run just fine.

Prediction: No Half-Life 2, no Portal.

Seems like Super Mega Baseball would be a no-brainer for Nintendo Switch. It's on everything else, and I seem to have acquired multiple copies somehow (Xbox games with Gold, Humble Bundle, etc I suppose).

Prediction: no Super Mega Baseball or (SMB2), because they said they wouldn't.

Mmmm yeah since XWing Alliance and X vs T weren't really good I'd really love a new one of those as well like the old 90s bundles of the original TIE+addoon and XW+addon stages/craft. Those were just unstoppable awesome on the PC side. If not something like to that, then well Rogue Squadron 2 like as 3 was a let down.

Do you think we'll see Virtual Console and the online service during E3? Would be a nice kickoff time.

Seems perfectly logical.

It will be fascinating to see what all three come up with. Obviously Microsoft has Scorpio stuff to crow about, so it will be interesting to see what games the other two focus on to create buzz.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure that Rabbids game is real... not sure if I'm buying but if it's interesting, I may bite.

Predictions for E3... they will see more love from 3rd parties and show off some future titles.

Skyrim on the Switch will be very pretty and push me to get a system for myself (not just for my son!)

NHL 18 on the Switch (please EA - I'll buy it and a Switch!)

Of course, Nintendo will show off some of the DLC for Zelda

New Animal Crossing would blow my mind... but it seems like a lock as they have held up the phone version... could this be the reveal?

Metroid? Maybe just a tiny tiny hint for something... could be as little as someone wearing a Metroid shirt or a 3DS collection released but something.

Mario Odyssey needs to show me what is so big of a deal with this one... I know you have a boomerang hat but there has to be something else.

$20 US for a year of online... ($25 Canadian perhaps) seems like a decent deal. My son wants Splatoon 2 so he'll play that online... not sure there's anything I'd want to play online... perhaps Nintendo will have something to show that we will want to play online... hmmm Metroid game that has an online element??

I have to admit I'm looking forward to nothing because I'd rather be surprised. Given what is known obviously the Mario game is a true instant pick up, but outside of that I really will just have to see what looks good. Thanks to the portability of it alone, and due to what Zelda did for me in those style of games I have to admit I'm giving Skyrim a hard look. I may just have to snap up Oblivion on GoG.com and see if I like the style or not as I heard it's fairly similar with that finalized game of the year edition they have posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, so far it looks like a few forum members here got some of their predictions right. Metroid 4 and an earlier than expected release date for the new Mario game. I'm frankly shocked at the relative lack of 3rd party announcements. Activision had none. Ubisoft really just had the Mario X Rabbids and the usual annual Just Dance junk and of course that really odd toys-to-life Starlink for Fall 2018. Warner is doing more Lego ports. Rocket League got some buzz, but it's been out for a while now on other platforms. Skyrim is getting Zelda items. Outside of those, I didn't hear about much, if any, third party in the pipeline. Pretty disappointed to be honest.

• Like 1

It's sometimes difficult for me to post predictions, without tangling them up in "wishes."

I wish there would be a new, original Star Wars spaceship game, somewhere between X-Wing/TIE Fighter and Rogue Squadron/Starfighter in complexity.

Prediction: no new Star Wars game. :(

I also wish they'd port the Nvidia Shield versions of Half-Life 2 and Portal to the Switch. They should run just fine.

Prediction: No Half-Life 2, no Portal.

Seems like Super Mega Baseball would be a no-brainer for Nintendo Switch. It's on everything else, and I seem to have acquired multiple copies somehow (Xbox games with Gold, Humble Bundle, etc I suppose).

Prediction: no Super Mega Baseball or (SMB2), because they said they wouldn't.

I hit all my marks! What do I win?

Well, so far it looks like a few forum members here got some of their predictions right. Metroid 4 and an earlier than expected release date for the new Mario game. I'm frankly shocked at the relative lack of 3rd party announcements. Activision had none. Ubisoft really just had the Mario X Rabbids and the usual annual Just Dance junk and of course that really odd toys-to-life Starlink for Fall 2018. Warner is doing more Lego ports. Rocket League got some buzz, but it's been out for a while now on other platforms. Skyrim is getting Zelda items. Outside of those, I didn't hear about much, if any, third party in the pipeline. Pretty disappointed to be honest.

I didn't necessarily expect a great deal of third party announcements. It might still be too early for those, as I'm not sure the relative success of the Switch was anticipated by very many companies. We'll no doubt hear more announcements in the future, particularly if the Switch continues on its sales pace, and of course if some of the bigger third party titles, like Skyrim, sell well. In the case of the latter, you just have to hope that there's not Skyrim fatigue.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of 3rd party this year. The Switch's popularity, kinda like the Wii in this regard, caught all the developers/publishers by complete surprise. As a result there's probably a bunch of them now running in circles behind closed doors trying to think of a way to cash in on it but since it's only a couple months after launch they probably haven't decided on exactly what to do. If the Switch continues as it has, I would probably expect more 3rd party announcements at next year's E3.

I didn't necessarily expect a great deal of third party announcements. It might still be too early for those, as I'm not sure the relative success of the Switch was anticipated by very many companies. We'll no doubt hear more announcements in the future, particularly if the Switch continues on its sales pace, and of course if some of the bigger third party titles, like Skyrim, sell well. In the case of the latter, you just have to hope that there's not Skyrim fatigue.

That's how I was thinking of it too this year. I would have been mind blown if there were a goodly sized list of unknown 3rd party titles. My expectations were the solid to nebulous knowns and maybe a surprise at best. Let's be realistic. IF they were in the financial situation Sega was 20 years ago they'd be sucking wind and dying after that WiiU turdbox fiasco. Some people have jumped on board immediately, others took a slow crawl, and a good many more took a wait and see and I have no blame with that. Most probably didn't think that the Android 4K TV 2017 model custom level style Switch was going to go Wii bananas on hardware sales numbers and interest. Other than some deluded fanboys who see no fault or fail in Nintendo probably would have predicted it. I preordered mine with huge hesitation ONLY after knowing it wasn't actually a console because of the WiiU. To me given what is out there now on physical media alone, let alone the digital stuff to kind of surprises me with the variety and fairly consistent quality too.

It may be a case of continuance in following the Wii history but time will only tell. If they keep upping system production, keep having it tricky but not impossible to buy a system, and third parties get that oh crap moment and start pumping out stuff after the fact, initially perhaps some ports, then into more goodies made for the system like Wii fairly well had happen it could end up being just amazing as time goes along. It could still take the WiiU crapper to an extent too, but that would take a couple years to see that kind of writing on the wall given what they E3 showed us going into 2018, let alone the last 3 months of this year.

Sure, I can see this to some extent. Of course, you also have Capcom saying that they have no plans to release the Switch version of Monster Hunter XX in the West while PS4, Xbox One and PC are getting Monster Hunter World. Kind of odd considering they own the IP outright and there is already a Japanese version on the way.

Sure, I can see this to some extent. Of course, you also have Capcom saying that they have no plans to release the Switch version of Monster Hunter XX in the West while PS4, Xbox One and PC are getting Monster Hunter World. Kind of odd considering they own the IP outright and there is already a Japanese version on the way.

There's a reason for that. Capcom has a fear of money.

Hah it's just Capcom being Capcom when it comes to Nintendo as they have been since the N64 came out. 20 years of double speak and backstabbing to the point I question why any Nintendo console owner buys their games at all anymore, myself included since I picked up Street Fighter. I should have known better.