IGNORED

What would be the ideal/perfect CV Controller?

Right now, I have a modded Sega Controller with a passthru connected to port 1 in the Colecovision. I do want to get a modded SNES keypad thingy for it. I'm a bit paranoid if I keep unplugging the controller port, I may somehow break that IC chip. So Sega modded controller with passthru with the ball-knob'd controller stay in that port.

Easy way to avoid wear and tear on the controller port.. Leave an extension cable plugged in at all times. You'll only be putting wear on the extension. A Sega Genesis extension cable (Sega or Super Cable brand are both heavy duty) and work perfect, just as long as it's 9 pins/wires, wired all the way through. ;)

I have an Atari Flashback 2 controller that is wonky. I may remove the upper most stick part and remove the threaded screw-in part on the bottom of the stick and krazy-glue this to the top of a standard CV controller stick, just out of curiosity. The threaded part is stuck in like a mother, so will probably require saw and sandpaper.

Arcade control panel please. :) Maybe something similar to the NES Advantage with a numeric pad on it. I never owner the NES Advantage stick but did use it a few times and liked it.

I used to have the Super Action Controllers and they worked great! Mainly because the stick had a solid metal shaft and the ball top was just like an arcade controller. Plus the additional buttons came in handy for some games.

Here's a request not yet made... how about wireless controllers? Not sure how this could work on the Colecovision but I hate having cords all over the place. lol One can dream... :)

Arcade control panel please. :) Maybe something similar to the NES Advantage with a numeric pad on it. I never owner the NES Advantage stick but did use it a few times and liked it.

I used to have the Super Action Controllers and they worked great! Mainly because the stick had a solid metal shaft and the ball top was just like an arcade controller. Plus the additional buttons came in handy for some games.

Here's a request not yet made... how about wireless controllers? Not sure how this could work on the Colecovision but I hate having cords all over the place. lol One can dream... :)

I personally hate the wireless controllers. Sick and tired of having to recharge them all the time and then one day, it dies immediately after recharging. I prefer something that if undamaged works forever.

• 2 weeks later...

If creating an arcade controller, just make sure it has switchable gates, 4 to 8 way.. Like a Mag - Stik.

^^this, especially with gate switch accessible on the outside. My only switchable is a mad catz Soul Calibur IV fight stick that you have to open up to switch. Pac-man sucks with 8-way.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you, I also prefer arcade controller over ....anything else ;) :)

If you do this for the new CV or as a stand-alone item, would it be possible to include an option somehow for buttons on the left, stick on the right?

Just curious, has anyone tried the Spectravideo Quickshot III? It seems to be fairly rare. Has two exclusive fire buttons on the stick. It seems really bass-ackwards though, with the cord coming out on the player side.

colecovision_controllers_spectravideo.jp

That looks really vomitous, but I would have been all over it in the early 1980s. Was it cheap? I have the Atari 2600 version and it's "fine," suction cups and all. Is the yellow "Hot Stuff" controller made by the same people? I can only find this cruddy eBay photo of it because I'm not digging it out of the basement.

That looks really vomitous, but I would have been all over it in the early 1980s. Was it cheap? I have the Atari 2600 version and it's "fine," suction cups and all. Is the yellow "Hot Stuff" controller made by the same people? I can only find this cruddy eBay photo of it because I'm not digging it out of the basement.

I believe they used to go for about $30 used, but they are hangin' with the unicorns now. No idea about the hot stuff. Would like to try it with a few games like light grid racer.

I did, but then guess what...

In general I hate game pads. I like joysticks with 4 or 8 way gates based on the game being played.

Who made the boards you used in the Neo-Geo sticks you used to make? Just saw an old post on those. Would love something like that to make a custom stick.