IGNORED

Collectible Card Games (M:TG, Hearthstone, Etc.)

Sauron

Anyone here into CCGs, whether online or in real life? I started playing Hearthstone about a month or so ago and I've quickly become addicted. It was just like my Magic: The Gathering addiction that I had shortly after it first came out. I've also checked out Magic Duels on Steam, as well as the Gwent public beta. I recently bought a M:TG duel decks starter kit and was gifted another starter deck (although the cards are in Russian). Just curious if there are any other CCG addicts here. I'm sure there are.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I have played Magic pretty regularly for about 8 or 9 year. Occasionally with others, but usually just by ourselves.

I'm probably more into the game than she is, buying the Xbox Arcade versions of the game and playing through the campaigns.

I actually have cards from other games World of Warcraft, Star Wars, Redakai etc... but have never played them!

Same here, me and the wife play Magic since the 90's. Hearthstone is pretty cool, although I haven't played it in a long time. Right now we have a small guild and are playing a match 3 "card" game called Gems of War.

We have other card games at home like Munchkin, Space Hulk etc.

I'm more into collecting than playing them. I'd like to play but the majority of people around here don't actually want someone to play with but rather someone easy to beat. I love strategy games, but if its not got an in depth game with a tutorial I have little chance of learning and less desire to do so. I got MTG for Xbox three years but rather than a new tutorial, its the exact same one on each game and to cut down and simple to be informative to me.

My daughter (and by proxy myself, given I am the one with the wallet) are into Pokemon TCG, with the new Sun and Moon generation being the primary focus. Only one card shy of a complete SM base set, about 10-15 shy for the SM Guardians Rising set. Daughter is a ruthless player with all the really good cards and understanding of how they work, I on the other hand do what I can just to put together a deck and play, lol!

My kids play some Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh with cards they got handed down from a friend or what they got for Christmas.

I got out of CCG's as the friends moved on and interest waned. Last games I played were Star Trek, Star Wars (1st edition) and Marvel Overpower before the massive overhaul.

There is a store in a city I work in that has a box of 1,000 Magic cards for $20. It's been a temptation to jump into that. But it's hard enough to get time to round uo all my youngins to play Dungeons and Dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

I play MTG off and on but I'm not that good at it. My friends and I tend to play stack games where we all draw off one deck. I like the randomness of it and having to come up with combinations on the fly. I've never been that fond of deck building and I don't care to spend so much to stay competitive.

I've been into M:TG since almost the beginning, and have a pretty bomb collection and lots of powerful decks. Haven't played in a couple of years though, since my last remaining Magic friends kind of dropped out of it finally.

Check out Gems of War on X1 or PS4, it's a match-3 puzzle game mixed with M:TG card collecting. I found it addictive and played it religiously for a good 6 months before giving it up.