IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Nice - I'm building the Fanhome KITT model.  Going to take forever - they stretch you out over 2 years for this thing.

Just looked this up, and man - that's pretty impressive.  Not just the scale, but also the detail that went into it.  Never expected to see a hood that was reproduced like an actual stamped body panel, complete with reinforcement.  Very cool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Nice - I'm building the Fanhome KITT model.  Going to take forever - they stretch you out over 2 years for this thing.

Wow!  That is insane!

I've never seen a model kit before,  where you could get on eBay and buy custom seat badges and floor mats for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

youtu.be/AxlmAmjyI5k

https://www.fanhome.com/us/movie-series/knight-rider-car/

Semi-related video:

youtu.be/G2TTibbxYsA?t=47

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Corby said:

Man. If I ever learn to code (which is never) this would be the first game I'd try to make! 

Y'know... it won't happen unless you make a start on something. Just have a go. Something small, not a game.... just do some experiments.  Anything you learn is a bonus.  Don't just daydream; make an effort and be positive.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about this topic today, and realized it's been almost exactly twenty years since it was posted.  Maybe I should have waited until May 15th to actually post this message, but my memory's not what it used to be (and it didn't used to be that good), so I decided to post this while I was still thinking about it. 

Happy almost-20th anniversary, and I hope HardWork has something to show very soon!  I'm rooting for you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2003 at 3:16 PM, HardWork said:

What say, all ye men? Will ye give as much Blood, as shall be needed to temper the steel?-Capt. Ahab So begins the task of Knight Rider 2600.

20 years ago! So starts a legacy! I love reading HardWork's posts and Moby Dick references. This thread is likely more entertaining than any KR2600 game could be. 

• Like 1