IGNORED

Bought out GameGavel.com, need community input.

PikoInteractive

Eli, I actually figured you moved on from this project after the first round. I hope your new design is more intuitive than this one. I didn't even realize there was an account section until after I hunted around a bit. Pressing the search icon with without any entry was the only way I could find any listings. I presume they're both just examples, though?

And if you don't mind my asking, is Triverse now the ReadRetro.com owner?

No, triverese is on retainer for Read Retro, he is free to write and post anything he sees fitting for the website, along stuff That I suggest.

Gamegavel marketplace is not available on the website, if you found it, you found a sample page etc.

Right now the only thing needed is me figuring out the shipping rates and that is it. I should be able to open it a beta to the public this year during my World Cup break.

It will be only buy it nows for now, still debating if I should add Auctions or not, most of people just list BINs everywhere now.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 1

and the crazy part is that Iceman apparently forgot Piko already gave in.

I was trying real hard to NOT reply to this but this just really irritates me. I did not forget about the email or what was said in this thread. The problem here is what I just quoted. Saying we had to login and sell by a cut-off date to maintain our membership. The problem is no date has been given and no site appears to be available to log-in to.

There is an enormous lack of communication regarding this entire project. Maybe some of you have inside info that is not listed in this thread. I myself do not. I have zero clue if logging in as vendor or creating a new vendor account is what is expected to maintain said memberships. I have no idea if previous statements are about an auction site that may or may not exist anymore. I have no idea whether this "marketplace" is suppose to be the auction site.

I did not forget, I simply don't understand what is going on. Fragments of info back and forth months apart does not exactly answer questions. I guess I can "assume" since the email came after Piko's statement I should just assume no requirements are needed to maintain said membership since it was not mentioned in the email?

That email also said "Again, the Gamegavel.com site will run as is and will work with the current website features." Where the hell did it go? Maybe you should answer all these questions I forgot and refresh my memory!

• Like 2

I was trying real hard to NOT reply to this but this just really irritates me. I did not forget about the email or what was said in this thread. The problem here is what I just quoted. Saying we had to login and sell by a cut-off date to maintain our membership. The problem is no date has been given and no site appears to be available to log-in to.

There is an enormous lack of communication regarding this entire project. Maybe some of you have inside info that is not listed in this thread. I myself do not. I have zero clue if logging in as vendor or creating a new vendor account is what is expected to maintain said memberships. I have no idea if previous statements are about an auction site that may or may not exist anymore. I have no idea whether this "marketplace" is suppose to be the auction site.

I did not forget, I simply don't understand what is going on. Fragments of info back and forth months apart does not exactly answer questions. I guess I can "assume" since the email came after Piko's statement I should just assume no requirements are needed to maintain said membership since it was not mentioned in the email?

That email also said "Again, the Gamegavel.com site will run as is and will work with the current website features." Where the hell did it go? Maybe you should answer all these questions I forgot and refresh my memory!

Well I don't owe anything to anyone really (other than no-fees account to unlimited sellers), So if the website morphs, it morphs. I decided to make it simpler, you know the simpler the better.

So far I just made it a marketplace, if I can add more features, they will be available to everyone.

Well I don't owe anything to anyone really

And this is why we still have no clue what's going on!

You could have answered my questions you just quoted but instead chose to ignore everything again.

You are the only person who knows what is "really" going on.

My honest thoughts are this.

Piko opens thread about how to make GG an awesome auction site.

Piko learns tons of people have free accounts, he was unaware of.

Piko says f-the auction site, we will make it a "marketplace store" in which people will have an extremely hard time using and it will be stripped down to a bare minimum for "free memberships" and anything needed to utilize said site will be an "extra" fee that does not pertain to unlimited accounts.

Do whatever you want man. The GameGavel name has as much backing as you releasing a coleco chameleon.

• Like 2

And this is why we still have no clue what's going on!

You could have answered my questions you just quoted but instead chose to ignore everything again.

You are the only person who knows what is "really" going on.

My honest thoughts are this.

Piko opens thread about how to make GG an awesome auction site.

Piko learns tons of people have free accounts, he was unaware of.

Piko says f-the auction site, we will make it a "marketplace store" in which people will have an extremely hard time using and it will be stripped down to a bare minimum for "free memberships" and anything needed to utilize said site will be an "extra" fee that does not pertain to unlimited accounts.

Do whatever you want man. The GameGavel name has as much backing as you releasing a coleco chameleon.

Nope, I made thread for a genuine community input, 90% comments were negative so I decided to do my own thing.

I don't understand your conspiracy theory though, you don't want other people to use the site unless they have free accounts? Because the fee will still be 5% to non unlimited members.

We won't have paid accounts anymore, it is 5% or 5%.

There is no conspiracy. People can use your site all they want, whatever that is! I have NO CLUE what you are doing or what you have done to the site. I am completely lost on what you want people to do to maintain free memberships. You said last year we needed to log in, yet nobody could.

I just went back and unless I forgot my password I still can't log in.

I have no clue what stripe is, which you just said we will need to use.

Don't worry about it, you are right you don't owe us anything.

At this point, I don't even care.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

It's more of a curiosity to me than anything. GG would never take down eBay, but I do think even niche competition is a good thing overall for the industry and consumers alike. Is the original GG or Eli's idea the answer? I don't know. I think someone would have to come up with a better idea than just David vs Goliath. Better search results, lower fees, more storefront customization, whatever.

As I recall, some think it's just a solution in search of a problem; that ebay does everything just fine. I can fully appreciate that argument.

It's more of a curiosity to me than anything. GG would never take down eBay, but I do think even niche competition is a good thing overall for the industry and consumers alike. Is the original GG or Eli's idea the answer? I don't know. I think someone would have to come up with a better idea than just David vs Goliath. Better search results, lower fees, more storefront customization, whatever.

As I recall, some think it's just a solution in search of a problem; that ebay does everything just fine. I can fully appreciate that argument.

Price Charting has a SELLING option with ZERO FEEs (only PayPal fees on payments) They also have the

Price Charting thing that is a real time price chart using a few sales site history including evilbay

They dont have all the systems yet but a nice collection so far

Personally I have not used it yet but have high hopes as I set things up

https://www.pricecharting.com/price-guides

https://www.pricecharting.com/price-guides

• Like 1

As Socal was trying to sell off the wreckage of his "empire" I was pretty sure nobody would be stupid enough to give him money for any part of that dumpster fire, let alone willing to help him wriggle off the hook for his scams. I am somewhat pleased to see that Pico Interactive blew 10G on this, consider it a stupid tax.