IGNORED

Interest in Orionsoft re-issues?

Gaztee

Orionsoft Jaguar Game Re-Issues  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing any/all the following games?

• Elansar
    • Alice's Mom's Rescue
    • Orion Collection
    • Why bother? We have them already!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I just want to say that, above all the gaming communities, the Jaguar one has been the most supportive of my work, thanks for all guys :)

Seconded. For all the bad press it gets you guys are awesome!

Good luck in the future, Mr Orion_

Sorry to see you go Orion_, no disrespect towards other developers here who make games for the jag, but you are the only one i know of who actually come up with new games, not just ports or re-imagenings. I have three of your games, Elansar on cartridge, Philia and AMR, and i appreciate the effort you have made to make these NEW games. I will be looking forward to your last jaguar cartridge release and hopefully will be able to get a copy.

Edited by grimm
  • Like 1

Yes, I quit game programming as a "professional" and will leave this as a hobby, hence no more physical release and way much time between my game releases.

Don't worry about Escape 2042 for Jaguar, it will happen, the port is finished and ready, I'm in the process of finishing the box art and manual design so Albert can start the production as soon as he can.

I won't make physical game release myself anymore, so once my game stock is empty, that will be it.

But I still have lots of game in stock especially for the Dreamcast, that's why I've been making sales recently.

If additional physical game releases should happen then that would be made by someone else, for example Gaztee with the Reprint of Elansar/Alice/OJC

I just want to say that, above all the gaming communities, the Jaguar one has been the most supportive of my work, thanks for all guys :)

Thanks for your detailed response good sir. Awesome to see Escape 2042 headed for the Jag. I will likely be picking up a coupe DC titles, as well as some Android ports.

Good luck to you in all your future endeavors. You're obviously a talented individual and will do well. I always bring you up your releases when folks around the community are discussing retro devs and will continue to do so. Not many have released the number of games across multiple platforms. For example, my mind was blown when I saw Zia on PS1. Anyways, much appreciated.

See attached image from twitter. I hope this means that Escape 2042 still might make it to Jaguar as some initial coding tests had recently been done. Any confirmation either way Orion?

Sigh... yeah, I can see that. The game industry is BRUTAL. I've had a few friends work for EA, and know a few others that worked on several projects back in the hey-day. If you're lucky... you get a hit, and EA or Activision buy you out. If you're unlucky... you basically lose everything, or at best, break even. You work insane hours... of course... because it's like any business owner would. And back to the lucky part. You need distribution. I'd say it's maybe getting easier now with fewer physical releases. People are gearing more towards Steam and GOG; however, if you're lucky (again), EA or Activision, or ID / Blizzard, whatever... would buy you out, and usually the deals are written in such a way that all rights and everything go towards EA or Activision. IF you're SUPER-LUCKY... they give you a royalty for any game sold.. and even more lucky if they decide to keep your sub-company as a branch of the parent company (this doesn't really happen anymore). Most often... if your game is a success... they don't even hire you to write the sequel, and bring people in from corporate to bang out something using a slightly enhanced version of the old engine you wrote, but just with a slightly different plot and changed sprites.

It gets progressively worse the fewer people you have helping / working with you. And that's assuming everyone gets along... both creatively and professionally... just long enough to ensure the game actually gets produced. Even people who are easy to get along with... when "their vision" gets completely changed by the project lead to be more corporate or to meet requirements that bean counters thing would be better served to the public... just watch how the artisans respond.

... that's the life of a computer game programmer.

Yes, I quit game programming as a "professional" and will leave this as a hobby, hence no more physical release and way much time between my game releases.

Don't worry about Escape 2042 for Jaguar, it will happen, the port is finished and ready, I'm in the process of finishing the box art and manual design so Albert can start the production as soon as he can.

I won't make physical game release myself anymore, so once my game stock is empty, that will be it.

But I still have lots of game in stock especially for the Dreamcast, that's why I've been making sales recently.

If additional physical game releases should happen then that would be made by someone else, for example Gaztee with the Reprint of Elansar/Alice/OJC

Well, I totally understand, and I'm also thrilled to hear about 2042. I am VERY excited for it!!!

• Like 1

I'm fairly interested in a Alice's Mom's Rescue on a cart. I was actually wondering if the cart is capable of saving a game, or at least the highest level achieved, so I don't have to play through it all in one sitting. Anyone know if it does this?

It saves your game, but you do restart from the beginning of the last level you were on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right its that time again. We are going ahead with the re-issues, so will open pre-orders this week. I will leave them open until the middle of September so anyone who is away for their summer vacation shouldn't miss out. Elansar & Alice will have multi language manuals, Orion collection will just be in English. Alice box will be more like the CD box this time round. All ordering details will be up on site later this week. Happy days for all Jaguar owners :)

• Like 4

Right its that time again. We are going ahead with the re-issues, so will open pre-orders this week. I will leave them open until the middle of September so anyone who is away for their summer vacation shouldn't miss out. Elansar & Alice will have multi language manuals, Orion collection will just be in English. Alice box will be more like the CD box this time round. All ordering details will be up on site later this week. Happy days for all Jaguar owners :)

Sounds good!

Re: AMR, was hoping for a box similar to the dreamcast limited edition. Any chance? http://www.play-asia.com/alices-moms-rescue-limited-edition/13/708h5r

• 2 weeks later...

Zero chance. We would have liked to use that on the original run, but we're not allowed.

Sounds good!

Re: AMR, was hoping for a box similar to the dreamcast limited edition. Any chance? http://www.play-asia.com/alices-moms-rescue-limited-edition/13/708h5r

Well it seems I lied :-o The new AMR is going to be NOTHING like the previous cart run OR the CD version for the Jaguar. The manual is going to be about 28 pages and I am sure I won't understand 4/5ths of it :D

• Like 1