IGNORED

Final PS3 rolls off the assembly line in Japan

dj_convoy

Wow, what a great run though. I have 2 non-hardcore-gamer friends who still play theirs (never upgraded) and my father-in-law uses his for Netflix. I think the PS3 is one of the greatest gaming systems ever and I think it best represents the realization of mixing gaming with photo-realisitc visuals. (iow, cutscene graphics always stood out vs. gameplay previously) Damn did I lose many hours trophy hunting once trophies were patched in. I still love trophies, but I'm no longer the whore I once was. You'll be gone but never forgotten, PS3!

Cool. Now let's see that OtherOS settlement pay out ;-)

You could have got $55 USD a while ago. The settlement has already been made. You had to provide proof of running an alternate OS to get the $55 or only get $17 or something like that if you just had the original model that was advertised to run the alternate OS.

And here's how that headline is displayed on the front page of the forum!

But seriously, I didn't like the PS3 much at first, but I've made peace with the system. It ultimately proved its value, and it's been more receptive to alternative controllers than its competition. (Ahem, ahem. Xbox 360.)

post-393-0-61215200-1496284907.png

• Like 1

And here's how that headline is displayed on the front page of the forum!

But seriously, I didn't like the PS3 much at first, but I've made peace with the system. It ultimately proved its value, and it's been more receptive to alternative controllers than its competition. (Ahem, ahem. Xbox 360.)

I only bought a PS3 well after it's peak. I was all in on the Wii during that generation and with the Wii U being a POS letdown I sold it and bought a PS4. Sony now gets my modern gaming money instead of Nintendo.