IGNORED

Gauntlet dimensions

EricBall

I have a dream of someday managing to convince my wife to let me buy a classic arcade game. One I think I would enjoy is Gauntlet. But, it would have to live downstairs, and I don't know if it would fit. Does anyone here have a Gauntlet they could measure (width & depth)?

If you are not interesed in all the artwork. You can get pretty small cabinets. Then just wire it up to take the proper pcb board. Well mostly wire it to jamma. That is what I'm going to do. Since room in my house is limited. A small cab is what I'm going for.

Laters,

Josh

Unfortunately, Gauntlet isn't a JAMMA board (although an adapter can be made, though 4 joysticks isn't standard JAMMA either). And since part of my logic for Gauntlet is 4 player cooperative play, the cabinet has to be large enough for 4 people to stand in front of it.

Gauntlet is just deeper than a standard game. Its actually fairly short, like 5 1/2 feet. Width will go in and out a standard door, no sweat. IIRC, it stands deeper than a standard cab by about 15 inches. 26 inches wide 38 inches deep, ballpark (been a while since I had one)..

Off topic, but check it out if you have a Gauntlet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=13718

Very nice looking control panel. The joysticks are worth that much...

Just saw that and thought of yall

Cassidy

Archived