IGNORED

Atari 8000 office computersystem in German C'T Magazin

re-atari

Last weekend I received my latest copy of the German magazine 'C'T - Magazin fuer Computertechnik', and noticed that one of its articles was illustrated with the photo atached below. Notice the Atari 800 in the middle? But I've never seen the other stuff, like an Atari 8000, a line printer, a teletype and an open reel tape backup. It looks like a central micro system of some sorts for offices.

I've been this mag's subscriber since early 1988 and have never seen it publish an article about or for the Atari 8-bits. They might have earlier on, though.

I don't know where this image originates. It looks quite ancient, fuzzily painted in aquarel style as was fashionable in the early 80's, and then photoshopped inside a 100 Euro banknote. Does anybody recognize the equipment?

The article itself has nothing to do with Atari, btw, as it deals with the possibilities to receive tax deduction when you have a small business office in your own home.

Some more detailed info about the article: it's named 'Heimbürogemeinschaft - Gemeinsam genutztes Arbeitszimmer steuerlich geltend machen', c't 12/2017, page 156-158, written by Martin Weigel and Peter Schmitz.

re-atari

post-9683-0-79905900-1496232706_thumb.jpg

Edited by re-atari
  • Like 4

Good grief, how could I have missed this :-o Good mockup of the humble A8 with 'true' office ICT equipment, btw. In my defence, it's been ages since I last visited Curt's website and my memory is getting a bit rusty with age.

Amazing that a magazine that IIRC never did an article about the Atari 8-bits used this very image. Better late than never, I guess. It didn't mention a source for the image, but I'm sure that they will have received permission to use it.

re-atari

Edited by re-atari