IGNORED

My Little Robotron Setup

Kaiju

Hey Team, just wanted to share something me and my Daughter came up with for Robotron on 7800.

We all know there is really only One way to play..

So we took some wood/plywood Whine bottle Box Dividers, You can find these things everyplace...

(I even took a walk to a Liqueur store down the block and asked if they had some spares in the back, and they gave me a bunch).

Thing is my Daughter noticed the square spacing is just about the same size as the bottom half of the Classic joystick base, so we let a cable fall through one of the "squares" then lowered the Joystick, pressing it into the square, and man, when i tell you it fits like a glove... The lower grove around the base lines up perfectly, hopefully you can tell in the pics.

So after some really amateur cutting and sanding we have our own little laptop/tabletop duel stick setup. The Sticks are set in-there really snug and tight, with no glue or ties or anything, haven't had any..pop-outs. What you guys think?

I also Added an example of what the Whine bottle Dividers look like

post-57179-0-99174700-1496440766.jpg

post-57179-0-14543600-1496440769_thumb.jpg

post-57179-0-14034300-1496440772_thumb.jpg

post-57179-0-41909200-1496440774_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thing is my Daughter noticed the square spacing is just about the same size as the bottom half of the Classic joystick base

That kind of thing is a dead give-away example of an individual (at that age) that has excellent spatial abilities. It usually goes hand-in-hand with a high IQ, but it also historically makes that type of individual a good match as an architect or other type of engineer where structure and form are important.

• Like 1

Thanks 82. now, if only she was better at Aiming at Brain Bots =P

In the pics, it looks like the Joysticks are just sitting on top, but half of the base is tucked into the frame nice and snug,

Now to finish it...maybe some darker 2600 woodgrain finish..?

Edited by Kaiju

That kind of thing is a dead give-away example of an individual (at that age) that has excellent spatial abilities. It usually goes hand-in-hand with a high IQ, but it also historically makes that type of individual a good match as an architect or other type of engineer where structure and form are important.

and, more importantly, a good Tetris player.

• Like 1