-Call of Duty Black Ops II

-Splinter Cell

-James Bond 007

-Resident Evil

-Mass Effect

-Deus Ex

-Bayonetta 1/2

Etc. Etc.

Has anyone heard of ANY of these types of games coming to the Switch?

I'm 33, I love Mario Kart don't get me wrong, but Monster Hunter and all these indie games are just not doing it for me.

Hoping to hear of something coming down the pipeline soon...

SSI went out of business long ago, and the historic strategy market went with it. The simulator market hasn't been active in recent decades, either. Therefore I don't see too many mature games coming for any platform these days... outside of a handful of indies.

I know what you're asking, just being snarky...

• Like 1

I'm 33, I love Mario Kart don't get me wrong, but Monster Hunter and all these indie games are just not doing it for me.

Uh... buy a PS4 or XBOX One if you want that stuff.

If the Switch continues to stay strong in sales, I do think it's entirely possible we could see more games along the lines of what you are looking for. Still, given the relative weakness of the hardware compared to the competition (and it's a gap that's widening every day), I wouldn't ever assume it's ever going to get a lot of modern "mature" games. It's probably more likely we'll see ports of older ones, but I guess we'll see over the next year or two.

• Like 1

Big boy games? Immature man baby games perhaps, and I'm saying this as someone who likes a FPS now and again. :)

The Switch may have a gap, notably with the 4K updated boxes, but let's be realistic too. It uses the same Unreal 4, Unity, etc engines. The sacrifices primarily made fall into having a lot more jaggy looking games due to far less polygons (try a side by side of DQ Heroes 1+2 on PS4 vs Switch.) Much of anything can be ported to the Switch, if the developer chooses to do it. As he said to you though, odds are strong it could be a lot of PS3 era ports too, or games of now from that power level from the PC. It could go either way or both ways. It will come down in the end to Switch sales and how fast they get them out there.

If that new target (rumored or not) of 18M units pushed to retail by 3/31/18 (NCL end of fiscal year) is attempted and hit or near that much, it's very likely to see far more variety show up. As easy as it is to convert a game to the format it would be a profitable move given the Switch would have in 1 year a larger user base than the dead WiiU ever had in 5 years. That would be a huge lost opportunity for some added profit.

• Like 1

It's not that the Switch isn't powerful enough, these games existed on the Wii and Wii U. It's probably that it's just not easy to port the stuff from Xbone or PS4 (or even possible given the horsepower wars happening with those systems) and the Switch will need a bigger install base before developers take the plunge on creating exclusives.

• Like 1

I don't agree with the "big boy games" idea, but yeah, seeing more complex stuff on Switch depends on it doing well. I wouldn't terribly mind ports of older games like Mass Effect to play on the go, seems that it would be cheaper/easier to port existing titles than make things completely exclusive.

I'm keeping an eye on the Max-Q line of thin laptops with decent GPUs coming this year for "big boy games." I'm fine with the Switch being a mostly Nintendo and retro-indie machine.

If that new target (rumored or not) of 18M units pushed to retail by 3/31/18 (NCL end of fiscal year) is attempted and hit or near that much, it's very likely to see far more variety show up. As easy as it is to convert a game to the format it would be a profitable move given the Switch would have in 1 year a larger user base than the dead WiiU ever had in 5 years. That would be a huge lost opportunity for some added profit.

You really think Switch will surpass the lifetime Wii-U sales within the first year? Because that would be awesome. At this rate, it will probably outsell the GameCube and N64 in lifetime sales. Also being Tegra based, it will be ready to accept incremental updates within a few years. Tegra 2 is on par with the original PS4/XB1, and the next chipset afterwords may even bring parity with Neo/Scorpio.

Moore's law is finished and ARM is on the fast track to catching up to the bloated x86 architechture. And yes, 3rd party AAA developers could easily code their games to Switch using 1080p textures, reduced polygons, and toned down special rendering effects. Then there's Xenoblade 2 and Skyrim coming from 3rd parties as well. Microsony can keep their bloody FPS games to themselves for all I care.

I'm keeping an eye on the Max-Q line of thin laptops with decent GPUs coming this year for "big boy games." I'm fine with the Switch being a mostly Nintendo and retro-indie machine.

No kidding. Playing stuff like Street Fighter II on a modern console with online is awesome, even if I keep getting my ass kicked! :P

Kosmic I think there's a fair chance, if not a year a year and a half. I'm just going by the news of Nintendo officially upping fiscal year production once a little while back, and then supposedly (still rumor right?) again to 18M units.

As of the end of fiscal years 2016 (3/31/17) Nintendo shipped/sold(?) 13.56M units globally. The hardware has been off production for months now, so whatever is left out there now is what was left in some distributors inventory. Last March ( http://time.com/4705071/nintendo-switch-production/) NIntendo was doubling production through fiscal 2017 from 8M to 16M units ( Two months later in mid-later May we got the rumored second production ramp up which now says they want to squeeze out 18M units (+2M units) in the same time. ( https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/28/15706682/nintendo-switch-reportedly-boosting-production-gaming )

If they already were going to shovel out as a fact 16M units by April 2018 on a system launched in March 2017, and the WiiU did 13.56M units in 5 years, yes I think I feel there's quite a good chance it will happen. I don't see them producing a lot of hardware to have it just sit and rot like it did with the WiiU twice in its lifetime which cost them a heap of lost money.

Nicely put before I could get there, you said it, the system is Tegra and as we saw from DF and other tech sites, the damn system is a pop and swap part system, its' like a Lego snap system. The Tegra can be pried out with a little shimmy and there's the room for more in there, same with all the other parts outside of just the main board itself (ram, wifi/bluetooth module, etc.) That Tegra v2 setup is PS4/X1 powerful, and the existing can do what it does on a scaled back level (loss of many polygons but not the rest more or less.) Switch was designed to upgrade really easy and stick around a long time as long as it didn't bomb.

Edited by Tanooki

I forgot Skyrim was coming to Switch, that could be fun. Still have never played it despite owning a PS3.

I really hope the switch stays around for a long time, im talking ten years in some form of upgrade or another. I really don't want to pony up for another Nintendo in five years with another four $70 pro controllers to buy...

EDIT: What have we here? Ask and ye' shall receive:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/microids_confirms_six_games_for_the_nintendo_switch

Edited by travistouchdown

Congrats. You just received junk. :woozy:

*Edit: In response to your other statement, I really feel like the Switch will be around for a decade in some form or another. After having one in my hands I really see the general value of it. Being able to play the games on the go easily is a massive perk. The sales seem to indicate that others see the value as well, and I don't think that's going to slow down.

Edited by Austin

Switch should exist for a long stretch given how the hardware was exposed to be a set of snap bricks basically where you can pop out parts for better parts in the same socket. It's a true upgrade box.

And those games, some maybe junk, but Flashback if they didn't bungle going 3D on it is an epic title, and Syberia has a pretty strong following too. Not saying anything there would light up some Switch sales in force, but they would move and any upward movement after the WiiU disaster is a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, all 3 Siberia games for the Switch? I can get behind that, big time.

Does an M rating make a mature game? I mostly enjoy games that aren't rated M, to be honest. I'm really hoping for games in the vein of Siberia. Exploration, puzzles, thinking, atmosphere. It doesn't have to be in-your-face all the time to be mature or adult. Sometimes it just takes a game that sucks you into a world that isn't intended to be understood by kids.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, just wanted to re-visit this as i'm playing through Resident Evil Revilations 2 for the second time.

I play on my break at work so though i do have a Xbone/PS4 now still looking for mature adventures for Switch.

Reccomendations for anything story driven, full 3D would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to re-visit this as i'm playing through Resident Evil Revilations 2 for the second time.

I play on my break at work so though i do have a Xbone/PS4 now still looking for mature adventures for Switch.

Reccomendations for anything story driven, full 3D would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks!

Cyberpunk survival horror Observer is currently on sale.

• Like 1