IGNORED

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Yes, that's true on what you mention. I'll ask Albert down the line again and see if he would take it into consideration. Thank you for sharing your opinions tanooki. :)

Anthony...

Wondering if it will happen since the arcade section is dead and Neo Geo falls between Arcade and Classic Gaming.

Though a lot of Neo Forums websites have gone under lately outside of neo geo dot com

If someone actually wants people to see their Neo Geo related project, they should avoid your thread. You've essentially just mirrored Google's image search for "Neo Geo". I've clicked through a dozen or so pages, and there's basically no actual content at all.

It's also pretty rude to be jumping in someone else's thread to draw attention towards your own.

He basically ask for permission's for everything he is grabbing and giving them proper credit

Also there is some content generated, just a bit messy, and is designed for using the site search

• Like 1

Wondering if it will happen since the arcade section is dead and Neo Geo falls between Arcade and Classic Gaming.

Hopefully someday that will happen enoofu. Would like to have a sub-forum regarding the Neo-Geo. I mention it before with the administrator, but he had some concerns with the amount of Neo-Geo owners and participants that would post/reply seeing Atariage has a handful of us taking part of the SNK consoles. Since the Neo-Geo thread is only three years old, it's not enough time to be established since Neo-Geo was hardly mention before 2014 on the forums here. But its a step in the right direction what I would like to achieve with the help of the thread.

The good news is that he does like the Neo-Geo thread and expressed amazement on the viewer count, the new members that enlisted onto AtariAge because of the thread, and sparked interest with him with the Neo-Geo even though he's a diehard Atari buff. He was pleased that Neo-Geo is talked about here on AtariAge since it was the few units that was barely discussed about compared to other non-Atari units.. Despite that the thread is very broad. It captured his liking to browse through the pages to see what he was missing throughout the lifespan of the Neo-Geo and the original SNK.

So things are looking up at this point. I think we can achieve on a sub forum down the line. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Also there is some content generated, just a bit messy, and is designed for using the site search

Search for what, exactly? If I wanted to find the original advertisement flyer for say Real Bout Special, I would simply ask google. I don't understand why simply mirroring random twitter posts of neo geo related images is necessary, when google can do so with order. Is the intention to get people interested in the system? Brute forcing a massive wall of random images with little to no context isn't exactly going to garner much interest. Most folks' eyes are just going to glaze over and move on.

The Neo Geo was about quality over quantity. It had to be, the games were meant to earn money for their owners. So why is the "official" thread the complete opposite?

I realize this is getting off the purpose of this thread, so I won't post further about it here.

Edited by keepdreamin

• 3 weeks later...

Riding Hero is up.

Please leave comments on Youtube.

Nicely done work as usual DJ.

The thing that always amazed me with this game, is when you can link Riding Hero carts and play up with multiple players. That's pretty cool technology for 1990 standards no doubt.

Keep up the good work bro. Can't wait to see more.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I love the enthusiasm about the danger curve.

I've heard nothing but not very nice things said about this game, but maybe watching it is better than playing it? Clearly not if it is nothing but rubberband AI in arcade mode. You'd think RPG more would help but no.

Thankfully a great piece of advertising hiding in this turd for the Neo Save Masta. A MUST OWN. I got this early into owning my cabinet when they went live for sale again then and it is a true life saver with or without the unibios. The fact you can just rock out to all your games with a permanent save due to no lame battery death on those teeny old carts is just too good to be true (but it is.)

you're now reposting the guy's posts in his own thread? :roll:

DJ was having trouble with his video and I wanted to give him a helping hand. Besides of going directly to the link, you can also see his work on this trend of his.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

I can't wait to see the write up for 8man, love that game, but it's like 21 game down the list from start since a few NGH product numbers were skipped. That's a rare one as it's a licensed property that goes back decades into black and white TV 'Tobor the 8th Man' is the roots of it tobor being robot backwards. Popular little show, easily found for free to watch online, later had a few color anime spots and even a godzilla-ish cheesy live action movie too.

• 4 weeks later...

Alpha Mission II is up.

Thanks! That seemed like a nice and fair review.

Although you missed that both games allow you to pick up more energy when armor is selected (if you pick armor that can blow up the ground targets where energy can be found), and that the pickup-three-parts to collect armor, with other armor parts being thrown at you as a distraction, was, IIRC, pretty unique at the time, and a major part of the game's fun/frustration.

I knew no matter what I did you wouldn't be satisfied. I had people like you in mind when I made it, but also wanted to keep it accessible. I didn't play the game back in the day, and found it hard to understand what people had trouble with.

But for what it's worth, I didn't miss these points. I thought the armor parts were obvious enough to today's players and didn't want to go that far into it for the video. The time I spent focusing on the power ups was enough for most viewers I think.

I also mention picking up energy for the armor in the NES portion.

• Like 1

Alpha Mission II is up.

Please leave comments. Thanks for watching!

Nice job with Alpha Mission II DJ.

I got this one myself in English for the AES. It's a fun title that will keep you active for sure. The first time I place this game was in a pizza parlor in my local area. Soon after, the game was removed and didn't play it for sometime. Eventually I went to a Dairy Queen that had the title in one of the 4-slot MVS units they had and I was back in action. :)

Personally, my favorite shooter for the Neo-Geo is Viewpoint. But Alpha Mission II is still enjoyable for me and I did spent plenty of quarters on the game when I was younger. Now I need to take it back out to relive my memories of it. :-D

Well done as always DJ. Keep it up bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

I knew no matter what I did you wouldn't be satisfied. I had people like you in mind when I made it, but also wanted to keep it accessible. I didn't play the game back in the day, and found it hard to understand what people had trouble with.

Yeah, you need to ignore my silly whining, I'm just too much of a "fanboy" for ASO.

You did an absolutely excellent job reviewing the game!

Personally, my favorite shooter for the Neo-Geo is Viewpoint. But Alpha Mission II is still enjoyable for me and I did spent plenty of quarters on the game when I was younger. Now I need to take it back out to relive my memories of it. :-D

Shooters were my gaming first-love and so, when I bought my Neo-Geo in the early 1990s, the only two games that I got for it were ASO II and Viewpoint.

I still don't have (or want) any other games for it.

Hmmmm ... not quite true, I think that I bought Blue's Journey at some point, but that was only because it was dirt-cheap at the time and on clearance, and I'm not even sure where it is these days.

• Like 1

Elmer, after finishing every one of my videos, there's always something I wished I had put in. You're making me wonder what if I'd gone that far and went into that level of detail for the fans. It's a good thing actually, because I'm new to this and my methods are ever-evolving. I really appreciate the feedback.