IGNORED

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Hi guys,

Continuing on with sharing more of @DJ Clae material on here for others to enjoy his works. Here is NGH-025. Eightman. Me and @Tanooki will certainly enjoy this. :D 

At one point for me for me personally, I thought Eightman was the greatest creation that ever came from Japan when I was younger. I love the anime and manga. Still have them in the collection...including the AES game for the Neo-Geo. :)

From the description,

"The next game in our Neo Geo survey, NGH-025, Eightman, from Pallas is based on a 1960's anime and manga series. How does the game hold up?"

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

I watched it already, saw a link somewhere else that's how I found out these had kept coming.  It's really not bad at all, and as rarely few do (such as Jeremy Parish) history isn't just scratched but dug into well.  Tobor the 8th man, the fact the games either co-developed along side or coincidentally around with the 1990~ish anime movies, etc.  It's a strange one, it's not A material, but it's solid B tier gaming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Back again supporting @DJ Clae thread here and helping his channel to gain additional support as always. This time Alec done a Mahjong title called, "Minasan no Okagesama Desu". I personally like Mahjong. So like have a listen to what Alec has to say about it. :)

From the description,

"The next game in our Neo Geo survey, NGH-027, Minasan no Okagesama Desu, mahjong game from Monolith, is based on a Japanese TV series. What is this strange Neo Geo game? We're going through the Neo Geo collection, with footage from real hardware, not emulators. Check out top games to play on the Neo Geo console, Neo Geo Mini, Neo Geo MVSX hack, or Neo Geo MVS cabinet."

Anthony..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Final boss footage? 😲 You're a better man than me. I once made a serious attempt to beat Crossed Swords via credit-feeding and got SO BORED after a while and just quit. The game totally overstays its welcome, and it gets demoralizing to see things basically repeat. Oh it's still a good game, in bursts of 5-10 min at a crack--kind of like rampage.

Really looking forward to thrash rally. I still love that game for its 'people look like ants' overhead view. Okay, so maybe it's not as good as neo drift out...or super drift out...or drift out... but pobody's nerfect.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

That is the games real failing, too long.  I have the MVS bootleg razoola cooked up of the CD sequel.  It overstays too, but it has more variables to make it have some added staying power before enough is enough having multiple characters and some gameplay tweaks.  I'm looking to add eventually the first, but it's more of a bump into a cheap copy situation.  The Super Spy overstays too, it gets dumber with weapons that rapidly degrade, but the whole shlock of it is why I keep that one around.

I wish Neo Drift Out would pop up.  I'm a bit surprised something of the puzzle games haven't made an impact yet more with the choices of Puzzle de Pon, Money Idol Exchanger and what not.  I know it's a Hudson issue I'm sure, but Neo Bomberman and Panic Bomber would make good choices.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone.

Does the forum allow me to change my username?

I like the team making Cyborg Force. It's not going to rival any official work from a larger team, but still impressive work nonetheless. I look forward to it.

@Reaperman I can't imagine owning Crossed Swords and not at least playing through it. My videos are thorough, so you're going to see the whole game. I did full 1-player captures of both the cart and CD versions. Plus a 2-player run with my brother, the main footage. That said, my brother and I had limited time to capture footage together, and I'd be lying if I said we didn't get super annoyed with the game eating up all our time and making it a late night. Plus I f---ed up our one shot at the playthrough by accidentally replacing the best weapon with a crappy one for the final chapter. I was not happy with it.

@Tanooki Neo Drift Out was one of the last games I found for my collection. It's well worth picking up.

Edited by DJ Clae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe you can change your username if you are an AA subscriber.  Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not a subscriber myself (yes, I feel guilty about it) but I'd be willing to pay for a subscription for you, as a show of appreciation for your Neo series.  Or, I could just donate to you directly.  Love your videos and certainly would hate for you to get burned out before getting to the back half of the Neo library.

• Like 2

@DJ Clae Oh I know, I mean I have the 161 so the stuff is there, but it would be nice to find it some day too.  I was surprised to find out in more recent times it was not just part of a series, largely a SNK hardware series, but a good entry was on the Super Famicom too that retains a good veneer of the NeoGeo release in ways.