IGNORED

PS4 is popular, but not so popular at AtariAge, why is that?

zzip

Eh, I'll snag one in a couple/few years when they begin appearing at yard sales for fifty bucks. It's a pattern that has worked well for me since the late 70s.

By then the kids will have moved on to the 'PSwhatthefuckever' and diddling themselves into a pseudo-'VR' fervor, so it'll be the perfect time to snatch one up along with a ton of cheap games.

• 1 month later...

I didn't connect with Joel at all, and didn't find this game very enjoyable. It had it's moments, but overall the game was a chore to get through.

Going back to this comment. I didn't connect with Joel at all either. I thought he was a generic and boring character . The whole first act (or two?) until they made it to the power station really had me scratching my head as the plot was also very cookie cutter and ordinary. I will say that once I got to the power station things really improved for me. The ending was very good.

LOUs thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229384-the-last-of-us-opinions-spoilers/?do=findComment&comment=3065451

I still play my PS3 quite a bit. Playing Ni no kuni with my kids these days . I haven't found a reason to own a PS4 yet. Maybe Ni no kuni 2, but I think I'll wait and see the reviews first. I mainly still use it as a Netflix and blu ray player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still play my PS3 quite a bit. Playing Ni no kuni with my kids these days . I haven't found a reason to own a PS4 yet. Maybe Ni no kuni 2, but I think I'll wait and see the reviews first. I mainly still use it as a Netflix and blu ray player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you should have posted that in the "what are you playing on the ps3" thread in the ps3 section right?

• 6 months later...

I think a lot of people are right that most people on the AtariAge site grew up with Atari in the 70s or 80s so tend to be older so they like more casual games. I got a PS4 since I like games but there are a lot less games for Mac computers and I did want want to spend a lot of money on a gaming PC. I know that with a PS4 pro I can buy a game and not have to worry if my machine can run it (not interested in VR games)

Edited by AtariDude
  • Like 1