IGNORED

Ataribox

I don't believe I called it a console and I don't remember commenting on what games it played. I seem to recall only stating some of the things it wasn't.

But in saying that it is not a new traditional console instead of saying that it is not a new console at all is saying without actually saying that it is a console in a non-traditional way.

I actually have a new guess I just came up with. I know that Atari signed a deal to make a game show premiering in the fall. Is Ataribox's value add meant to be a way to interact with that and other television programs?

• Like 1

I wanna try to quit talking about Ataribox until we have actual info, but my condition I keep referring to leaves me at home everyday without much to do, and I end up like this.

I'm good enough at programming to make almost any 2D game I can think of, but I always end up wasting my time on internet forums instead. I used to be better than this.

People like the current combination of medications I'm on because I actually can hold a conversation in real life now, but I'm finding it difficult to do anything but converse and would really like to try something different.

But enough about me... Atari, get some info in here already, darnit.

• Like 3

Alright, so I'm not sure exactly why but /v/ is really taking a liking to Ataribox. It's strange because I recall several Retro VGS threads on there back when the topic was relevant and even right after the video card reveal but no one there gave a shit about it.

In case Ataribox does know, this isn't a good sign. It's all fun right now because everyone is speculating about what this thing could be but on 4chan that can quickly turn into a game of "let's torture Ataribox" and it's only more enticing when your CEO is an easily irritable French man.

They already had an Ataribox hoax today:

VebrVu6.png

Clearly faked as it doesn't exist on their twitter but it shows that things are just getting started. I think it's going to be an epic shitstorm.

• Like 3

In case Ataribox does know, this isn't a good sign. It's all fun right now because everyone is speculating about what this thing could be but on 4chan that can quickly turn into a game of "let's torture Ataribox" and it's only more enticing when your CEO is an easily irritable French man.

They already had an Ataribox hoax today:

Given my distaste for that froggish clown I can't wait for the inevitable implosion, well that or aneurysm whatevers pops first.

That Atari FB post was a repost from the Ataribox FB a day earlier. That post said that there will be 2 editions, 2 boxes and more info coming in 2 weeks. Also, in the comments on FB, Ataribox clarified that this is what they are calling the project. The actual product name is yet to be revealed.

https://www.facebook.com/atariboxofficial/posts/326047647833158

Edited by atariLBC

^ so wait, it's real?? That's odd, it's not on their twitter, maybe they deleted it.

That pic doesn't inspire confidence though, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a streaming box. I'm guessing something similar to the GameStick, just a box that plays games on its own storefront and vehemently denies being an OUYA.

• Like 2

It's going to be a next generation cloud-based synergy enabled interactive experience with nostalgia overtones to captivate the target broad spectrum of audiences that retain a modicum of brand awareness for the Atari brand of yesteryear.

Excuse me while I go wash my mouth as it seems a male bovine just had a bad day.

• Like 6

I actually have a new guess I just came up with. I know that Atari signed a deal to make a game show premiering in the fall. Is Ataribox's value add meant to be a way to interact with that and other television programs?

I can see myself throwing that brick to the TV but I doubt that would be the intended usage ....

• Like 1

It's going to be a next generation cloud-based synergy enabled interactive experience with nostalgia overtones to captivate the target broad spectrum of audiences that retain a modicum of brand awareness for the Atari brand of yesteryear.

Excuse me while I go wash my mouth as it seems a male bovine just had a bad day.

You need to have something being "leveraged" in there... lol

Well, it seems Ataribox will be crowdfunded according to this article written after a shareholder meeting: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zonebourse.com%2FATARI-2168735%2Factualite%2FAtari-Le-Groupe-Atari-reaffirme-sa-strategie-de-croissance-rentable-a-l-issue-du-salon-des-jeux-vi-24638926%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2F

• Connected Objects: Development of a new hardware product

On May 30, 2017, at the publication of its annual turnover, the Atari group announced the "... Preparation of a public relations campaign and crowdfunding to test the viability of a new product Hardware for video games ".

The Group has since broadcast a video unveiling a first design of this new product, whose functionalities and technical characteristics will be announced according to the progress of the works. https://www.ataribox.com

The Group believes that it is able to develop an attractive product, using the brand awareness of the Atari brand in hardware .

To limit risk taking, this product will initially be launched as part of a crowdfunding campaign .

The Group also works on other connected objects, integrating innovative audio functions, or Internet objects (Sigfox).

I guess I get to keep all the hair on my head.

Anyone with an eye on the industry could tell these guys don't have anything worth their hype and that usually smells like crowdfunding. /v/ is going to slaughter this thing, it's what they wanted all along, farming a new meme.

18qerd9.png

Also in updates:

gqVGKj3.jpg

GakoopF.png

X4ToNJu.png

Please tell me that last one is fake. lol

• Like 3

Crosspost from another Ataribox thread, since this one seems to be getting all the attention:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelarzt

-Responsible for launch of new connected device, wearables and hardware division that will reinvigorate Ataris legacy as a creator and marketer of fun and innovative consumer products.

-Oversight of new product development, marketing, OEM & strategic partnerships and associated tasks.

-Building Atari Connect to be a premier game, consumer product and pop-culture lifestyle brand for gamers and everyone who loves fun and useful devices and apps.

-Actively hunting for, and open to, any new and innovative connected product ideas worthy of the great and beloved Atari name!

Looks like Sigfox is what's in the box after all.

Edited by JDTAY

Okay, I'm back--have they told us what this is yet, or do we have to crowdfund it before they even bother figuring that one out?

Kind of feels like column 'b' but apparently there are other threads I haven't seen.

Hypothetical: If one created a gif of trump beating up an atari logo, would that be considered political, or simply 'dank'?

Edited by Reaperman

Crowdfunding? So that means, not only don't they want to say what it is, they don't even have enough confidence in the idea to put their own money up front?

Ataribox can go take a hike. Seriously, this is screaming "cash grab".

• Like 2