IGNORED

Best flashcart for most/all cart games on XEGS

Swami

Looks like Lotharek is working on a new flashcart:

SIDE 3

http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=210

I think I'll hang on and get this when it's available ;)

Why wait? Get an UNO Cart now (cheap and it works great!) then get a SIDE3 later if/when Lotharek has them available. Besides, it's unlikely the SIDE3 will be terribly useful on its own without an expanded Atari (something like an Ultimate 1MB in an XL/XE or the new Incognito2 for an 800, again when that's available).

I just got my UNO Cart in the mail three days ago. This thing is fantastic! I held off on the Ultimate Cart because of the lack of ATR support but the UNO Cart pretty much fixes this problem. I don't necessarily need or even want the whole A8 library at my beck and call so I am focusing on loading my microSD card with only the games that I want to actually play. I am trying for the majority to be in CAR or XEX format but it's nice to have ATRs available to use when I need them. If anyone is still on the fence about which flash-cart to get, I would totally recommend the Uno Cart for good compatibility, multiple file type choices, and at a good price point to boot.

• Like 1

I just got my UNO Cart in the mail three days ago. This thing is fantastic! I held off on the Ultimate Cart because of the lack of ATR support but the UNO Cart pretty much fixes this problem. I don't necessarily need or even want the whole A8 library at my beck and call so I am focusing on loading my microSD card with only the games that I want to actually play. I am trying for the majority to be in CAR or XEX format but it's nice to have ATRs available to use when I need them. If anyone is still on the fence about which flash-cart to get, I would totally recommend the Uno Cart for good compatibility, multiple file type choices, and at a good price point to boot.

The other difference is that the Uno cart is visibly slower than the Ultimate cart when selecting the game to play. But, it's also half the price. :-)

The other difference is that the Uno cart is visibly slower than the Ultimate cart when selecting the game to play. But, it's also half the price. :-)

Maybe so but, compared to the 1050 disk drive that I've been using for the past 33 years, this thing is like lightning!

• Like 1