IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

If I was Atari, I would have included a Windows 10 license out of the box for teh little additional cost, now if you have to buy a full WIN 10 license that will add a lot to the end box, at least this way they could really sell it as a Windows PC as well as a game console.
Still destined to be a dumster fire in my opinion.
I just have to wait until spring to witness it burn, at least R-kellz 2 side chicks are keeping me entertained with drama for now.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

I might differ just a smidge. The videos are definitely awkward and edited, I'll grant you that. But with the two videos we got today-- the bootup sequence and the Fortnite gameplay-- I would go as far as to say that the Atari VCS does in fact exist to some capacity now. 

Now one thing that's definitely uncertain-- can they make 10k of these? Lol...

5 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

This video makes my head hurt and probably should be archived.  

-Jump cuts; the first one at 9-10 seconds.

-Completely skips the Atari OS UI.

-Windows 10.

-Loads Fortnite's main menu!

-Ends without gameplay.

+Am liking the mirror, though.

Enjoy:

3 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Take a close look at the person sitting at the table behind the monitor.  It looks like he/she is actually controlling with a wireless keyboard/mouse.  The moving cord in front is just a ruse.

3 hours ago, RedWolfJC said:

Shenanigans again, or legit?

Normally I would say there are reasonable explanations for this but I think Atari has squandered any benefit of the doubt.

(Pay no attention to the real computer hiding behind the cabinet door.)

shenanigans.thumb.png.6fed1403459fcd7c56bd9117c2e529cf.png

2 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

The video @Lodmot mentioned:

No... Sorry, Tommy, I for one am not buying it.

These two videos show that pesky cable going underneath the TV through the front of the cabinet, which, along with the fact that the we've seen multiple VCS chassis that are only meant to show that Fuji light turning on, seriously suggests that none of the showroom units taken to Vegas are actually working properly and Atari SA is falling back to full on smoke and mirrors. Before any of the nosy Facebook-based, Chesnais Faithful (hi there, by the way) comment that the cable could be connected to a cable box, PPV box, or something else from the hotel, lemme ask you: have you ever seen a hotel half that ritzy with poor cable management like that? Nah, they would have holes drilled in the back of that cabinet to let the cables connect to the TV. Anything popping out there is from whoever is using the room at that time.

Not to mention: the sandbox mode video, on top of being poorly edited and having a black screen for nearly ten seconds in the middle of it, shows that the "console" is only being controlled via wireless keyboard and mouse. It does look like in the Fortnite video that the controller is being used to play the game, and based on those loud clicking noises, they'd like to suggest that it's plugged into that unit. But if you were to compare that video to the Sandbox demo one, because they haven't moved it at all between the two, you'd clearly see that the controller isn't plugged into the front left USB port like the video suggests. While that controller is actually playing the game, it isn't controlling the TacoBox sitting up there. That showroom unit is doing next to nothing but looking pretty for the camera.

All in all, it looks like more deceit from Chesnais and Co, and not even well hidden deceit at that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So after catching up the last week's worth of action, I have a single question: When the placeholder boxes in the GUI are filled with apps from partners, will Atari a few months later try to sue those partners for infringing/capitalizing/whatever on an Atari product? Better read the agreements very many times if you want to become a partner with Atari from now on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"How Much is Atari SA's (EPA:ATA) CEO Getting Paid?"

I could say who cares? Then again I could say 51000 per year.

The shocker for me was;

"Our data indicates that Atari SA is worth €83m, and total annual CEO compensation was reported as €51k for the year to March 2019"

83 million? Really? Hmmm, thats a lot of Flashbacks...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-atari-sas-epa-ata-095903577.html?guccounter=1

• Like 3

Anyone at CES have a look at Rob Wyatt's gameboard? They have a booth and they're also going to PAX. 

Quote:

For CES, you can find us in the AR/VR area at Booth 52831. CES is January 7-10 and this is your first opportunity to gets hands-on with the Gameboard-1.

7b1293e37c01f53af306249b21c881ce_origina

Then, in San Antonio, Texas, we'll be at PAX South January 17-20. We're thrilled to announce that we'll be sharing a booth with Carolina Game Tables, giving you an opportunity to see the Gameboard-1 in its natural habitat: on these gorgeous hardwood tables!

e1867c31aec66d30c3315fad78b40e5c_origina

Stay tuned for more updates as we countdown to CES and Pax South! Don't forget to follow us on our social media communities as we share daily updates. 

• Like 4

This guy was so pumped for Asteroid and Yar's Revenge that he just had to make a taco in the middle of the night! Then he was exhausted from his excitement that  he had to take a nap. 

Brand loyalty right there. Have you broke into a taco bell today? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-51056092/burglar-cooks-snack-in-taco-bell-then-falls-asleep

• Haha 5

Coleco Chameleon, Now Atari with edited videos, Why can they not show
1-unboxing
2-hooking up cables
3-turning on system
4-loading game
All in 1 continuous segment, This is not a Youtube Fashion Makeup haul video where you expect 50 jump cuts per minute, you have all the time to make the perfect take. Jump cuts ALWAYS HIDE incompetence, and is extremely unprofessional.
I feel they ARE indeed hiding something, and if it is proven that the cable running inside the cabinet is indeed what is running the game, then they are no better than Mike Kennedy, Smatch and all the other FAKE CONSOLES.
We need to see a full 360 demo, none of this "You cannot touch or look at the back of the system". This obfuscated video just raises more doubt that they actually have a functioning device ready. If one idiot can pass of a Super Nes mini as a prototype, expect another to try the same, they did it for the first prototype with tempest. I am really wanting this to be another fake prototype just to hammer into everyone that this is a full scam, all that is missing now is a few rolls of black electrical tape.

(Allegedly)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lodmot said:

I would go as far as to say that the Atari VCS does in fact exist to some capacity now. 

Me too.  I don't trust "Atari", but I just don't really see them faking footage at this point despite everything they've done before, it seems like too much of liability.  The cables in the videos don't really look incriminating to me, there other explanations for how they're arranged.  It looks like they do have at least one working X86 board, but there are basically no notable games or streaming services, and their menu system and emulators so far appear to be in very primitive form. 

It's great that it looks like backers will actually get their PC that can run Windows and x86 Retropie.  But with its price and without any games or streaming apps, it's primed to be one of the worst selling consoles of all time.  Even failed consoles typically sell in the hundreds of thousands or millions.

The price is crazy.  With the 2 controllers, a Windows license, and a hard drive for Windows, aren't you looking at over $500?

Edited by Paul Slocum
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, Paul Slocum said:

but there are basically no notable games or streaming services, and their menu system and emulators so far appear to be in very primitive form. 

It's great that it looks like backers will actually get their PC that can run Windows and x86 Retropie.  But with its price and without any games or streaming apps, it's primed to be one of the worst selling consoles of all time.  Even failed consoles typically sell in the hundreds of thousands or millions.

The price is crazy.  With the 2 controllers, a Windows license, and a hard drive for Windows, aren't you looking at over $500?

HOW DARE YOU FILL THE INTERNET WITH SUCH HATRED USING UNCOMFORTABLE FACTS

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Arnaud Giese said:

I moved to the U.S. almost 10 years ago

Cool, was just wondering, since your email address is from France and your posts are coming from Maryland. ;)  As someone watching the forums, I can see that sort of stuff.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

Me too.  I don't trust "Atari", but I just don't really see them faking footage at this point despite everything they've done before, it seems like too much of liability.  The cables in the videos don't really look incriminating to me, there other explanations for how they're arranged.  It looks like they do have at least one working X86 board, but there are basically no notable games or streaming services, and their menu system and emulators so far appear to be in very primitive form. 

I  agree. I don't think the footage is fake either.  I wouldn't put it past Atari to do something like that, but it's a big risk.  And besides, it's not like what they've shown would actually be that difficult to program. 

I really never thought the thing would come out in the first place.  Eh...looks like I might be eating crow on that one.  I still think it's a ridiculously bad product, and agree with you that once people buy everything they need to get the most out of it, it's a very poor product for the price, but I guess that's on the backers.  If they like it, then that's good.

• Like 8