IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

25 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

I'd like to see Artz intoxicated while doing an interview.

Omg, dude.... that interview was painful. XDDD

I think the VCS is a real thing they'll deliver to us, but holy shit-- I can't blame The Register for being as skeptical and critical as they were.

If you're going to deliver something as major as a game console, you better make damn certain your public speaker is confident, professional and sounds like he knows what he's talking about (without getting too technical either).

• Haha 5

What an interview. This is a 4-minute video max extended to 24-very long, multiple ad-revenue inducing minutes of redundancy. With that said: "there are a few things that popped up, we are very candid with our supporters"

So.... what were the "few things" that "popped up" for the manufacturing target of March?

That's what I thought. So candid of you to speak about them.

I'm guessing July at earliest, feel free to bet me you favorite Combat cartridge!

Uses Kickstarter as a pun, actually launches on Indiegogo....

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ColecoJoe said:

It's not a console

This was the part of this interview/infomercial that truly irked me.

His constantly referring to it as 'the box' and even pointedly stating 'It is not a console'.

Except that is exactly what it is supposed to be. It was promoted as a console with additional PC capabilities. Which is a far cry from being a half-finished PC (A Windows licence and additional larger drive need to be bought and installed; and potentially memory) which just happens to be set in an Atari themed shell.

If I were a backer I would be furious at this. The only system capabilities which have been displayed so far are ones that can be easily replicated by any PC or laptop made in the last 5 years.

With only moderate modification it can run Steam, AND Antstream. Be still my beating heart!

I have to say I can completely underwhelmed by what I have seen so far.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, frankodragon said:

There's some disarming honesty in there. "In theory" is said a number of times.

In short, it's a pc that will be sent out March 31st, and then "in theory if it works", some people might (no nothing at launch) develop games for it. In the meantime, add a hard drive, buy windows and get pirated nintendo roms...

Edited by Zor
  • Like 1

I'm sure Shacknews is a highly respectable and reputable news source with no bias whatsoever because they definitely weren't handpicked to visit Atari's bedroom. 

32 minutes ago, Zor said:

There's some disarming honesty in there. "In theory" is said a number of times.

In short, it's a pc that won't be sent out March 31st, and then "in theory if it works", some people might (no nothing at launch) develop games for it. In the meantime, add a hard drive, buy windows and get pirated nintendo roms...

Fixed that for you. ;)

On 1/19/2020 at 6:00 AM, digdugnate said:

nothing to talk about on the VCS?  go into weird rant about being 'watched'.

42628934_ScreenShot2020-01-18at11_14_21PM.thumb.png.e99b68d16964dfeb1d87a56ee1d195ae.png

'we have a member list of your group' ? 

'we continue to take the high road here...' ??

I have to imagine I've said a few things myself that have touched more than a few nerves like yours, Stefan. But if you really want to know: I don't have Facebook anymore (only Messenger for speaking to friends and family), barely use my Twitter, deleted my tumblr when its former owner Verizon went full "R" word that we don't use anymore, and I don't have accounts on any other social media website. Not even reddit. Honestly, even if I did, I don't need to visit your page, others post your oh-so morally driven comments here for us to laugh at on this thread. I may just be a "lonely troll sitting in my mother's basement", but I am an entertained one. Since you want to continue looking down on us from that high road of yours...

11 hours ago, frankodragon said:

That interview was physically uncomfortable to watch. I'd prefer being a bit intoxicated myself if I'm watching someone eat shit on camera like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

No news is good news!

1153373110_0deliverytimeline.thumb.jpg.2427509f9137feece8550a02aec6df01.jpg

462464813_Stillonprototypestage.thumb.png.8b466e043191d698bacc62482fc274ef.png

Do you think we are really around the DVT mark? I think they are running into issues/still testing. That response shows they aren't ready meaning backers may be lucky to even get these by March.

• Like 1