IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

27 minutes ago, Zor said:

This a trend everywhere on the internet, see someone you disagree with ? obviously that's a shill/troll/Russian bot. 
Or just someone disagreeing. This accusation has been thrown at other of the supporters, even some who clearly were just intellectually challenged delusional fans Atari is happy to take money from. 

As inept as Atari is at running this campaign, why on earth would they pay someone who can't put one one coherent thought down, as if it'd make them look any good. 

Except Martial isn't one of the legitimately mentally challenged backers, nor is he one of the blind cheerleaders.

This is the guy that posts every Chesnais interview, every Medium post, and exhorts people to buy tokens, usually before Atari themselves. He does such on literally every social media outlet imaginable.

Add his Frenchiness to the mix and I think the question of his being a social media influencer on the payroll is a legitimate one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, racerx said:

Add his Frenchiness to the mix and I think the question of his being a social media influencer on the payroll is a legitimate one.

He's not getting employee of the month any time soon then :)

Sure anything is possible with Atari, but companies usually don't like their employees speaking on their behalf sporting as their avatar a political slogan for a fringe conspiracy loving political party ....

• Thanks 1

Does Atari even have an Advertising budget set aside for this novelty or is it going to be a social media, leave flyers taped on poles, word of mouth sorta thing?
And if so should they not be talking it up on Social Media that something BIG is coming? something to dethrone the incumbent trifecta tyrants of the videogame industry? A new Console that does not tout expanded library (or ANY library for that matter), gameplay or superior graphics but is based on the Holism of a device of Retro!?

Atari should play the underdog here...

because we all know they are a bunch of B*****s!

^ Backers? Ballers? haha you will never know ^
(Allegedly)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, racerx said:

Except Martial isn't one of the legitimately mentally challenged backers, nor is he one of the blind cheerleaders.

This is the guy that posts every Chesnais interview, every Medium post, and exhorts people to buy tokens, usually before Atari themselves. He does such on literally every social media outlet imaginable.

Agree!  I still think he is an ATARI Stooge - many youtube and other social media posts have been driven to the top of rankings, largely (sometimes soley) as a result of Martial's repeated posts championing them ... It really seems to me that he is a paid influencer and the one thing that I really can't explain is how would he know when ATARI are posting on a social media platform, within the very minute it is posted?  The only rational explaination is that he is part of the social media team.  

Edited by Chopsus
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Zor said:

Sure anything is possible with Atari, but companies usually don't like their employees speaking on their behalf sporting as their avatar a political slogan for a fringe conspiracy loving political party ....

Do you really think ATARI is a ‘Usual company’?

... what he does is precisely what social media teams do, it’s the new, cheap, marketing.

why are you so emotionally invested in defending him?

Edited by Chopsus
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, cybercylon said:

Well, if it ever sees the light of day, an endless number of ideas of what you can do with this console will probably flood Pinterest, including how to set up HBO Max for dads.

Pictures of how to use one to hold a door open?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheVgaTv said:

It is having issues running an 8 year old game. That's just...sad

I usually have a hard time noticing framerate drops, but that's impossible to miss.  Some weird stuff going on with the backgrounds at times also. 

The COD Warzone video was embarrassing.   Again, framerate is a joke.  Reminds me of the Xbox One version of PUBG.  Other than that, it seems to be running in very low detail mode.  Why would Atari show this and think it would help their case?

9 minutes ago, The Historian said:

Reddit's gadget community picked up the digital trends post.

"Atari ready to ship restyled version of classic game console"?

So, another Flashback console?

Go Atari! Can't wait to pick one up for $30 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You know, when the whole pandemic thing is over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

I usually have a hard time noticing framerate drops, but that's impossible to miss.  Some weird stuff going on with the backgrounds at times also. 

The COD Warzone video was embarrassing.   Again, framerate is a joke.  Reminds me of the Xbox One version of PUBG.  Other than that, it seems to be running in very low detail mode.  Why would Atari show this and think it would help their case?

To demonstrate that you can sort of play modern games if you buy extra RAM, storage, and a windows licence ? ?

Looking at these videos, the gameplay is a blurry mess, is that because they have the worst mobile phone camera ever, video compression, or these games have hidden settings for below low graphics quality ?

With all the looting, by time this comes to market there won't BE a market, or brick & mortar stores to buy them at, just bricks. I am sure if these were in stores right now, on the news footage you would see stores looted and nothing left on the shelf except Atari VCS boxes, they would take the empty shelf fixtures and leave the VCS boxes behind :D

These crackheads think that investors are going to take a sheet-load of money and invest it into a defunct name from the past in hopes of revitalizing a gaming system for people that are in thier 40's now. That must be some potent crack.

Economies all over the world are on the fringe of destruction, OH! I know, we need more Atari!

Blackberry can't even get someone in China to make a phone anymore, and THEY had a loyal fanbase of crackberry heads, and Atari thinks they are going to make waves in a sea of Android, iOS, Nintendo, Playtation and Xbox. Delusions of Grandeur I think not, more like they got thier hands on the reality infinity stone and really are living in a dream.

This is going to be a collector item and nothing more, so if you want to make some cash, keep it sealed, away from UV light.

(Allegedly)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, OCAT said:

This is going to be a collector item and nothing more, so if you want to make some cash, keep it sealed, away from UV light.

(Allegedly)

And also... Don't expose it to bright light, don't get it wet, and don't feed it after midnight.  Oh wait, that was something else.

• Haha 3

"Conuladh claimed Atari had reneged on a deal to give him a four per cent cut of crowdfunding revenues over $200,000,"

This to me seems a bit dodgy and skeezy, how can you ask for a percentage of money that is donated to fund a project? This seems like a charrity dipping its hand into the pot. The money belongs to the crowd-funded project and here he is asking for a cut? He should be paid as a consultant not get a cut of the money that is coming from people! WTF is this? and how can I get in on this action o.o-3$ I want free money!
Con-U-lad-h (Feargal Mac) should have sold the idea for a fixed amount then get royalty on units sold AFTER it has been made and is out on the market, meaning this Piece of sheet would actually exists to pay out. MY problem is that he demands money for something that does NOT exist. I generally call this theft. Not one person has gotten a unit and he is to get paid for? they idea? he is collecting money on an idea that has no prototype?

This crowdfunding this is great! a guy like me can clean up, I got an idea, how about a flying car, like the Delorean in BTTF, ok, crowdfund on Indiegogo, collect the cash and give me %4 of all funds collected for coming up with the idea.

So to simplify this, Mr. CON-U gets to take money from crowdfunders because Atari made a deal to share the cash that they collected on some back-room deal for a product that was just a render of a box. The money that was pledged towards bringing this product to market was being shared up before they even got to work on this turd, no wonder this has been a massive dissapoinment 3 years on.

(ALLEGEDLY)

Edited by OCAT
  • Like 4

Atari announces 500 developer units will be produced

Atari then announces 500 developer units is about to be produced

Atari announces 500 developer units is nearly at the point of being produced

Atari announces that production is on hold due to manufacturing faults

Atari announces that production of 500 developer units is to start being produced

Digital trends announces that 500 units will possibly maybe who knows when might maybe be shipped by the end of June

Have I just summed up the last 6 months of updates correctly.

• Like 9

^ i have a bad feeling 500 will be the only units ever produced. Not only that but none of these units will end up in the hands of reviewers, backers or even devs.
Perhaps one of these will be found in a bin 20 years from now like the Nintendo Playstation

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Have I just summed up the last 6 months of updates correctly.

You also have to keep reposting for a couple weeks that you've "flipped the switch" on mass production, "in case anyone missed it."

• Like 4
  • Haha 5