IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

^ Are you refering to the report that Cheeseguy paid himself $1.1M in 2019 while the company was losing money.
Even though Atari produces absolutely nothing but scribbles liscences on paper in exchange for money?
One would conclude that Cheeseguy is stealing money from any shareholders that exist but that is cRaZy! HE loves Atari and video games and its rich history of games that was on every other console at that time and today is free to play on any smartphone and in any browser because these games are so small and most of them worthless even the original carts go for $1

(ALLEGEDLY)

Latest Fred Cheese interview where he was vaguely responding to questions.  The Atari VCS stuff is at the end and it's the same old BS:

https://youtu.be/fKuf19jUtRg?t=2481

In his previous interview he said they're "shooting for the end of the year" which would be a 10-11 month delay from the last "weeks not months" delivery date, and in this interview he says:

"China was shut down for many many weeks" .....  "at the end of the day we're talking what? 6 months delay?"

He doesn't seem to know much more about the project than we do.

• Like 1

ATARI....

The Final Forntier, these are the voyages of the VCS

It's 5 year mission... To exploit the backers...

To seek out new ventures & new scams...

To boldly make money out of nothing at all...

~ aaaaahhhh oooooooo aaaaahhhh ooooooo ~

(etc, etc, etc) 

Edited by Woulfe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This is telling:

Atari 12 minutes ago

PROJECT OWNER
We use Indiegogo language: Projects on Production Stage must show clear evidence that they have begun the process of turning the prototype into a mass-produced product. Campaign Story Requirements: - Non-rendered photographic evidence of production runs, tooling, molds, components, or final inventory in the factory - 3D renderings and digital mockups are not acceptable

SO - this single pallet is actually more about compliance with IGG?  AFAIK they could all be empty boxes ... I will believe them when independent reviews start hitting YouTube.
  • Like 1

Yes! 96 underwhelming devices ready to go! and Not a SINGLE one going to people who PAID for them. HAHAHA!

I cannot wait until this gets roasted on youtube. "Influencers", yes AKA but kissers.
All I know is they better send these devices to Youtube influencers with really large boobies (. V .)
perhaps that might grab a few sales.

These are exciting times people. Free entertainment is about to unleash a retro-nerd keyboard war the world has never seen!

Unless all the other boxes had Taco shells in them, and we all got fooled.

• Like 1

I see they chose to mention that the product is being sent by sea. That is the ground work paving way to claim that their ship not only figuratively, but quite literally sank. You know, the "Tugboat Atari" they will claim had all 10k pre-paid backer units on it :P

tenor.gif?itemid=16698858

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I like this little bit : 'It’s an exciting time, as the units from this pallet are now being prepared with games and apps for business-only purposes, including demos for key retail merchants, regional distributors, the Atari PR team/influencers, late-stage dev kits for game testing and other critical purposes.'

It seems a lot of these units are being used by Atari to stump up some interest (and I presume more importantly, investment money) in their Atari Box.

Which certainly would explain why they need 500 'Dev Kit' units.

I am a little impressed as this is one pallet more of Atari Boxes then I had honestly thought would ever reach US shores. I half expected the few prototype and demo units to be the entire production run before they shut it down. Still it is a long, long way from the 11,000 or so additional units they need for their Indiegogo backers.

Chesnais and Atari better be a lot better at pitching this Box to investors then they have been in so far in promoting and demoing it.

• Like 1

^ Because the train has gotten more speed and the track has been switched to allow for a more spectacular train wreck. The only thing that would impress me more now is if this Atari train was carrying a shipment of Dumsters that caught on fire. If you are going to hit someone who ran a red light you might as well cause enough front end damage so that the insurance cannot fix it, just cash out.

I am sure Atari has made NDA's and put an embargo on reviews to go along with each complimentaqry VCS unit. But as we all know this kinda info gets outabout 5 minutes after the box is open.

I just wonder who will be getting these things. With the new Xbox BOX & PS5 on the way who will have free time for this thing? Not to mention the populatiry of the iPhone SE

What about the controllers?

^^^ Nasty,
ATARI IS A BUSINESS!!!

Wait, I thought this was for the backers?, I guess they dont count. Atari just took your money and used it to further their own greedy F*$%#^& needs.

I like how this update was worded. I am just going to re-arrange statements.

1-"the original Atari VCS backers remain first in line, with all Indiegogo orders fulfilled at once."

2-"This pallet is part of our recently-completed first batch of 500, which will be joined by the full Indiegogo VCS production run of more than 10,000 VCS units this summer. Everything will be shipped together with the joysticks and controllers for fall delivery to backers."

3-"the units from this pallet are now being prepared with games and apps for business-only purposes, including demos for key retail merchants, regional distributors, the Atari PR team/influencers"

4-"Of course, we all must always be prepared for the unexpected with the pandemic situation in both China and the USA so fluid and uncertain, but this is the timeline as the Atari VCS team sees it today."

Keep in mind that Summer ends September 22nd. That is not much time to make 10,000+ units.

Yes Backers are FIRST IN LINE but last to get the units... I guess they call them Backers becuase they are at the Back of the line to get the goods.
Atari is a business... that does not honor contracts or obligations, like paying employees.
You cannot call yourself a business if you dont pay employees, we call that Communism and Slavery.
What makes me sick here is that they openly say they are a business, so basically all that money that was plegded to them was NOT to deliver the VCS but to make Atari money first on whatever venture they wished, they never had the goal to deliver to backers, the business was to deliver to backers, not to walmart and Gamestop (that is on shakey ground)

(Allegedly)

Edited by OCAT

^^ NO, they will not get the white glove treatment, I just came back from my dollar store & they cleaned out all the gloves, even those cooking gloves they use at fast foodplaces, that have micro holes in them. Give me a break!

But I suspect as you do, they are leading them on until the Email drops "it is with heavy heart..."
I have a suspicion they are just going to see if they have a market, if the initial 500 units dont impress, they call it quits, pocket the money and give a big finger to all the backers, then go on vacation.

They even have the nerve to call out the last 240 people to update and lock in shipping address, just to jerk them around.

"Backers, please also note that more than 240 of you still have not completed your survey and locked in your orders with the correct shipping and contact info. Please complete your Backerkit surveys. Atari will not be responsible for incorrect information. Don’t miss your VCS shipment! "

(Allegedly)

Edited by OCAT

8 hours ago, cybercylon said:

Three more and they could have had....

No, I won't....

Heck, I will...

99 Atacoboxes on the wall, 99 Atacoboxes,

If one of those shells should happen to fall,

98 Atacoboxes....

Just change the word “fall” to “fail” and you’ve got the official Ataribox jingle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2