IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

2 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

Libel is print, slander is spoken. :D

2 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Sometimes I type in all caps. I can see why he’s confused.  

2 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

We are all Tommy. We are legion. 

These posts win the day. 

Man they are going to flip when they realize I'm Tommy!

• Haha 5

So, according to the rumor, the soccer moms won't be able to access Netflix natively.   They'll have to use a modified browser and log on to Netflix's website to watch programs?  No icon  to take you directly to the program?  Well, that's not a nuisance at all.  

This stuff was basic on the Xbox 360 dashboard, but these rocket surgeons can't pull it off?  The whole point of a set top box is convenience, and they can't even get that right.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Agillig said:

So, according to the rumor, the soccer moms won't be able to access Netflix natively.   They'll have to use a modified browser and log on to Netflix's website to watch programs?  No icon  to take you directly to the program?  Well, that's not a nuisance at all.  

This stuff was basic on the Xbox 360 dashboard, but these rocket surgeons can't pull it off?  The whole point of a set top box is convenience, and they can't even get that right.

That's one thing I'm curious about-- what's "modified" about the browser? Lol. Wouldn't it just be a standard Linux version of Firefox? xD

• Like 1

So, has the microphone been memory-holed?

28 minutes ago, Agillig said:

I saw that rumor in the Register article.  They thought I was crazy when--toward the end of the IGG campaign--I laid out why Atari wasn't going to do multimedia apps

Who's laughing now?  WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?

man-in-straight-jacket-picture-id178055081?k=6&m=178055081&s=612x612&w=0&h=FT__-SCz1u-XPgtPVU3D_Jz9iVtm20xKVrAhxXkyrys=

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Karl at the helm of the Neurotic Anal Stage of Atari (NASA for short). As we can tell the weather seems like a a perfect day for a system launch on IGG.

space shuttle 80s GIF

Karl is passionate for Atari. He also loves his NASA. Did you know those two loves have something in common?

Animated GIF

explosion rocket GIF by Product Hunt

You guessed it, he is passionate about things that crash and burn. It is the main reason he helms the sanity flight. With him at the helm, every mission is a crashing success.

crash fail GIF by South Park

Karl is passionate. Often he is triggered by the anticipation of not knowing when he will be able to play Star Wars 1983 on his VCS. He is so dedicated to NASA that in those moments he takes a personal test run in preparation for the following day's sanity flight.

crash fail GIF

Karl sure is dedicated! Remember kids when you see a fiery explosion, remember Karl and how it was probably all made possible by his passionate dedication.

buster keaton end rant GIF

This was sponsored by AtariASS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, frankodragon said:

The only "progress" Atari (formerly Infogrames) was to make an LED light turn on.  Think of all the other possibilities they could have with LED's.  Like...toasters.

led_toaster.jpg.48a7a2c2d47fbfe42b517b421e8ab6bd.jpg

Hah!  I thought they were suitcases for the development teams trip to China.

Wow.   The Shreddit shils, like Colonel Werner, really need to learn how to cook tacos properly.   All they're doing is making one big mess and leaving the innocent pigeons with no dinner and cleanup duties.

explodingtaco.gif.0699c9fab38fe7e33e3c74f9d4c94533.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

what i find the funniest is that the VCS Supporter Kult has so little to actually *talk* about new stuff on the VCS that they are dogging the Amico.  what's up with that?

Image result for seinfeld

(by the way, Werner dum-dums, I can still see your little boys' page- who do you think I am from the roster? Karl seems like a real mental giant so he should be about to suss me out.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

So, has the microphone been memory-holed?

The "ATARI ON" voice command dingus? I wouldn't be surprised one bit. They announced it years after Microsoft 86'ed theirs for reasons of privacy and unpopularity. It was never a good idea and shouldn't be missed. 

One of the backers should ask about its status. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tickled_Pink said:

Going back to the quality of The Register as a news source, one of the most respected sources of information, Tom's Hardware, have picked up the story and run with it as well with one extra piece of information (unless I missed it in the Reg article). Atari already have a replacement for Wyatt.

Tom's Hardware and The Register are partner agencies, and as far as I'm concerned they're the same outlet. I don't consider one of them superior to the other.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

what i find the funniest is that the VCS Supporter Kult has so little to actually *talk* about new stuff on the VCS that they are dogging the Amico.  what's up with that?

Image result for seinfeld

(by the way, Werner dum-dums, I can still see your little boys' page- who do you think I am from the roster? Karl seems like a real mental giant so he should be about to suss me out.)

I know, it's like the goobers don't realize most of their "members" are there to watch the show. I get a kick out of their idiotic antics on a daily basis.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2018 at 6:15 AM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Do we want to discuss how AtariVCS won't have streaming apps, but rather all streaming will be done through the browser?

You could be forgiven if you think a modern device that is advertised as a "Home Entertainment Streaming Device" would have native streaming apps. It's 2018, after-all, and it calls itself that in its Indiegogo description:

post-39941-0-42921500-1529401210.jpg

And says here that you can stream:

post-39941-0-64514000-1529403080.jpg

And mentions it again later on:

post-39941-0-45005600-1529401375.jpg

Yet, specific app providers are strangely missing from the description anywhere on the page.

Well, that's not exactly true. For some reason, this is under the section called "Playing Games on AtariVCS" about web browser app access:

post-39941-0-48453700-1529401733.jpg

Not enough evidence? Am I just another hater? Well, probably. But listen to Michael Artz himself say that companies like Twitch won't make a native app unless there are enough user numbers there. And also that browser apps will work fine. Scrub to the 25 minute mark and listen a bit. Also, at the 40 minute mark he says he knows Discord will work because it can be used through the browser:

So is this a big nothingtaco? Are you fine with having to load up a web browser to stream on your streaming device? Or just install apps separately in the Ubuntu sandbox? Who cares, they have a year to do it?

Or is this yet another sign of Atari playing the "ambiguity and wishful thinking" game?

That was pretty prescient, nicely done. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Karl and his crew of supporters think they are hip after Ataribawks announcements and be like.

AchingThinDamselfly-small.gif.3381891b1c1d461b3825b811fe91f320.gif

From outsider perspectives they be looking like.

drevilmac.gif.69ee695e9ea7056b88ffab664d4c4346.gif

"Don't look at me like I'm frickin' Frankenstein!  Give your old man a hug!" ?

• Haha 7

15 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

A semi-serious question.

Obviously, if Atari fails to provide anything (or, as I find more likely, basically just ships something that meets the absolute bare minimum), how badly does this hurt them? It's not like they have much "face" to lose. Goofball evangelists and casuals who don't understand when they're buying a product that says Atari, they're giving money to the zombie corpse of Infogrames aren't going to care. Most people think Atari is dead and gone anyway, right? You'll still be able to buy Atari t-shirts somewhere. 

Sure, they probably wouldn't be able to pull a crowdfunding scam again... but their stock is already a joke... the company is basically just a company on paper... so what if they don't ship or ship an extremely subpar product? 

It's funny you ask this actually, because this was one of the things I thought of when I was supporting the VCS. I figured back then that "whoever owns the brand already knows the brand is dead, so logically speaking they're likely going to do everything in their power to make it a relevant brand again, right?"

Logic doesn't work with every company though, that's something I've grown to learn. :P

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Karl at the helm of the Neurotic Anal Stage of Atari (NASA for short). As we can tell the weather seems like a a perfect day for a system launch on IGG.

space shuttle 80s GIF

Karl is passionate for Atari. He also loves his NASA. Did you know those two loves have something in common?

Animated GIF

explosion rocket GIF by Product Hunt

You guessed it, he is passionate about things that crash and burn. It is the main reason he helms the sanity flight. With him at the helm, every mission is a crashing success.

crash fail GIF by South Park

Karl is passionate. Often he is triggered by the anticipation of not knowing when he will be able to play Star Wars 1983 on his VCS. He is so dedicated to NASA that in those moments he takes a personal test run in preparation for the following day's sanity flight.

crash fail GIF

Karl sure is dedicated! Remember kids when you see a fiery explosion, remember Karl and how it was probably all made possible by his passionate dedication.

buster keaton end rant GIF

This was sponsored by AtariASS.

The difference between NASA and NotMyAtari is that NASA has lots of successes under its belt...

• Like 3