IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

3 minutes ago, Woulfe said:

Sandwich ?

The sandwich below was prominently featured on Tin Giant's website since before Wyatt became the Atari Architect:

On 8/16/2019 at 6:00 PM, frankodragon said:

And still the same sandwich at Tingiant.  (You'd think it be rotten by now unless they vacuum-packed it.)

2088976223_stillthesamesandwich.thumb.jpg.418acdcf80a36ce592b5c7a3bca391fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

The sandwich below was prominently featured on Tin Giant's website since before Wyatt became the Atari Architect:

I believe that sandwich is part of the stock artwork for Wordpress's "Twenty Seventeen" template.  They apparently set up a Wordpress shell, replaced the header image, added their address, and left the other default content in place; it probably took them a whole five minutes.  They've made some changes since, but they seem to have broken the template in the process (see their contact page).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, frankodragon said:

Makes you kind of wonder if Wyatt was hiding during the exchange between Fred and Woz was going on.

1967452545_WyattsHiding.gif.5b6769df22c816ce12961b227c725707.gif

Oh Christ!!  Haha,...frankodragon you are too much!   Thanks for the laugh sir!  You're a gentleman and a scholar!  Cheers!!  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agillig said:

Oh, Russell! And I can't wait until the day I have a successful triceratops hunt.   I just think a triceratops head would look great mounted on my wall!  We both have wild fantasies, but I'm afraid yours won't ever come true.

One has to wonder what part of Stephan's anatomy has the first bleeding hemorrhage when he gets the inevitable news. That precious little snowflake has built up such a rich fantasy world to support his alternate reality and alienated himself from so many that he is now curled up under his bridge with his most feared ideological enemies. If he wasn't such an open sore on Satan's penis, you'd have to feel sorry for him. He still thinks more than a few people in his group are there to do anything but watch him melt down constantly.   

79F9CF57-3447-4B8A-A2C5-C47D03DEFDC8.jpeg

image.jpeg.c9b464fad44a9093901b91f55ce776b5.jpeg

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, JBerel said:

One has to wonder what part of Stephan's anatomy has the first bleeding hemorrhage when he gets the inevitable news. That precious little snowflake has built up such a rich fantasy world to support his alternate reality and alienated himself from so many that he is now curled up under his bridge with his most feared ideological enemies. If he wasn't such an open sore on Satan's penis, you'd have to feel sorry for him. He still thinks more than a few people in his group are there to do anything but watch him melt down constantly.   

Wondering how well his post will hold with time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBerel said:

"Major retailers don't make deals to carry products that cannot exist..." Young man, sit your ass down and shut your ignorant mouth up. Major retailers like Wal-Mart and GameStop make arrangements with manufacturers long before products even exist, never mind ready to stock on shelves, especially in the realm of gaming. The particular store I work at have sales and displays planned at least six months in advance, and every single weekly flyer for the year is prepared within the last 6-8 weeks of the previous year. How do you think games like Rage 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake get leaked long before they even have proper box art, never mind even available for preorder? The only thing that Wal-Mart and GameStop being open for pre-orders proves is that Atari promised those two stock, and that they may want to open shelf space for it if and when they start delivering stock. When ordering stock from a warehouse or a vendor, such terms like "prorated", "out-of-stock" and "true out-of-stock" commonly pop up if you cannot get what you ordered, and are forced to fill in shelf space temporarily with other items until you can properly restock. This can easily happen with Atari, especially with major retailers where they fill shelf-space and deal with games and consoles going out of stock all the time. You can move goalposts all the live-long day with stuff like Wyatt's departure, and project your grasping at straws onto us, but I work retail for a living, motherfucker, and I can tell you have never stocked a shelf or ordered stock a day in your ever-blissful life.

Since you actually touched a nerve with you showing how you're a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, lemme put out some bullet-points of my own.

1) We only now saw a prototype board, when, 2 1/2 weeks ago, now? Weren't we supposed to see a working prototype by this time last year, with production originally supposed to be starting back in the spring?

2) Also, wasn't Atari World, the Linux OS running on the VCS, supposed to be fully furnished complete with an Atari 2600 emulator alongside Atari Vault and Tempest 4000 (which still doesn't officially have a Linux build)? What happened to that?

3) It should also be noted that Rob Wyatt is the second lead designer that has come and gone from the project. So who's running the R&D on the "Box" now?

4) Where's all of the developers and publishers they apparently partnered with? What games are actually planned for the VCS beyond the two I already mentioned and some mediocre retro game streaming service that is more expensive than Netflix?

5) Do you have any proof to refute anything that's been said by the Register, or just more hypothetical, wishful thinking to help keep motivating yourself that Atari SA will deliver anything that's going to work better than a half-dead Atari Flashback from eBay?

3 hours ago, Agillig said:

Oh, Russell! And I can't wait until the day I have a successful triceratops hunt.   I just think a triceratops head would look great mounted on my wall!  We both have wild fantasies, but I'm afraid yours won't ever come true.

Screenshot_20191020-190758_Facebook.jpg

Hey, Russell, I'd sooner put my money on the formerly Nintendo co-owned Seattle Mariners winning a World Series before Atari is able to proudly rub anything worth a damn in my face (my hourly fee would be too much for Frederic to afford, anyways, if recent events are anything to go by). Then again, you think them releasing anything is going to immediately prove this forum's criticism and snark wrong, when some of us think that they may be capable of a Vega+ release, legal recourse and all (though honestly little else beyond that).

Edited by DurradonXylles
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, JBerel said:

I know I should know better than to ask but...

I swear when the story broke I read that Tin Giant was more than one person? This doesn't add up. Even if Wyatt was out of commission for 6 months (source?) presumably the others were doing payable work...?

21 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

I swear when the story broke I read that Tin Giant was more than one person? This doesn't add up. Even if Wyatt was out of commission for 6 months (source?) presumably the others were doing payable work...?

Even assuming Wyatt was the only one capable of doing the job... if you were injured, even seriously, you wouldn't leave the client hanging for six months.  You'd either find a way to work remotely or delegate the project to someone else.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

I think he was Tin Giant. Probably fluffed it up a bit. Hell there couldn't have been many. There was no one to run the website.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JaqenHghar said:

It's pretty common in the consulting world to register a company and operate under that name, even if the entire company consists of one person.  The legal protections are better than if you operate directly as an individual, though do not totally shield the individual from legal liability.

Nothing really sketchy there, but trying to be everything from CEO to ratcatcher does mean that you're spread pretty thin.  That said, I'd expect there to be some sort of backup in the event of someone being out of commission.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 3

I mentioned this before but it looks like the Stefan-under-the-bridge assumes that Walmart is selling the Atacobox outright.  But in fact, it's a 3rd party; online (maybe "Atari" or some other company is listing their vaporware for them) and Walmart themselves will not do anything.  Buyers will need to contact the seller of the item that's on Walmart.com if the deal goes sour.

If a number of buyers aren't happy, get a number of complaints, etc.,  Walmart.com will pull the seller's item(s) off their website.

• Like 6

I'm worried about the wellbeing of the supporters group. Are they on life support? Are they all about to drink the tainted Kool Aid?

AtariLight.png.138482ea45ab7733f7e8d7e113507fd9.png

Don't worry supporters! We are here, and we are on a mission from God.

Light2.thumb.jpg.829703d91c04ce896af8a23ec1fc2a8d.jpg

And just because I love the scene....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JaqenHghar said:

Shortly after the Register article, I posted a link saying Tin Giant had four employees.  This may be the same one: http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Tin-Giant-LLC-720-310-5051

I figure the four are Rob, his SO, his yoga instructor, and an unpaid programmer intern.

• Like 5