IGNORED

Why does this only happen when I'm broke?

That's actually almost reasonable. Once you (scarcity aside) figure the price, the tax, time+gas involved both ways (buying, reselling) you're not giving them all that much of a TIP for it.

Got any bill you could shove on a credit card for a week or two, then pay it off then?

I'm not really sure why missing out on a "deal" that's $40 over MSRP is a loss. Move on with your lives and save that money for something better.

It is no big deal I've already moved on, but MSRP doesn't show real value of anything at all. Supply and demand. The value of them will only go up considering no more will be produced, and ones being sold now are getting gone going to people that actually want them, taking them off the market leaving fewer left to sell.

-Get a piggybank or set up a second checking account

-throw extra money into it every week; whether its spare change or just transferring over $5-20

Voila- you now have a game fund. No need to miss on anything you really want again!

(side note: if you're throwing change into a piggy bank, be polite & trade it for proper bills every so often. No one wants $100 paid in coins!)

Supply and demand. The value of them will only go up considering no more will be produced, and ones being sold now are getting gone going to people that actually want them, taking them off the market leaving fewer left to sell.

I disagree the value has already started going down. People are realizing it is not all they expected it to be. Resellers are getting stuck w/them and the people who bought it are already sick of them and realize it is just another PNP. The only people who really want this now are collectors and once realizing playing games like Punch-out sucks because of lag it honestly holds very little value other than shelf appeal.

I'll grab one in a year when they are $50 or less, but honestly w/out the box I will not buy it. You will see many of these w/out box that people will have a hard time selling in the future.

Agree with iceman - I haven't followed closely, but the ones I've seen on CL are not selling for as much as they used to. And let's not forget, Big N can easily make more of these in a year, or 5 or 10. You're not missing out on anything and definitely don't take out a loan to buy it!

I'm so glad that the greedy resellers are getting stuck with these. I refuse to support those scalpers that wanted 4x the MSRP for one. Hell, there are still people wanting close to 250 for them on Amazon. I finally got fed-up with the whole situation back in March and built myself a RetroPie console, which wound up not only being more cost-effective, but way cooler.

It's a fantastic device with only lag on a bad TV, but the scalpers ruined it for most people. It's really sadly that cut and dry. So you found one for the right price, got wallet raped, or went another route (Pi, chinese knockoff with 500 roms, etc.) I didn't need one, but got one, then got another for my little girl as her first TV console and it was the best spent $60 in a long time in both cases. But would I have paid $100+ hell no. Sometimes less is more, and in this case it was, if the price is right.