IGNORED

Team Pixelboy subforum?

ColecoGamer

Meh. I've gone without a sub-forum all these years, and I really don't see the point of it now. I'd rather see my news bulletins appear in the main ColecoVision sub-forum anyhow.

True, but I think you are too modest.

It helps to have everything together, easier to find and read about... you should consider it.

Beside your name is wellknown now, and represent many products and years of being in service.

• Like 5

Meh. I've gone without a sub-forum all these years, and I really don't see the point of it now. I'd rather see my news bulletins appear in the main ColecoVision sub-forum anyhow.

Really? You deserve one as much as anyone else. It would make it easier to find your bulletins, especially after the forum fills up with new posts.

Just a friendly suggestion/thought to consider.

• Like 1

True, but I think you are too modest.

It helps to have everything together, easier to find and read about... you should consider it.

Beside your name is wellknown now, and represent many products and years of being in service.

My thoughts exactly, Newcoleco. The thought for a Team Pixelboy subforum came to mind yesterday, when I was digging through all the new posts to find his latest bulletin.

Personnally i tend to read sub-forums lot of less than the main colecovision forum. I'm sure i will miss lot of thread if it is in a sub-forums.

Since Collectorvision has his subforums, i'm almost not aware of what they are doing! :(

But i never miss a bulletin news of Teampixelboy.

• Like 5

I do read the sub forums less than the main one. You could have your own forum,still post a thread in the main forum related to your bulletins with a link directing members to your own sub forum. :P

I should have my own sub-forum! That way no one would have to see or read my posts. Think of how much more time you all will have to enjoy other facets of your life or to search for all those Team Pixelboy message threads.

I do think, and have suggested in the past, that Team Pixelboy should have their own sub-forum and all his old message threads moved into it. Pixelboy could just post a message in the main forum as well.

Anyone that can't click on a sub-forum is just lazy!!! I can't believe anyone would ignore a sub-forum especially when it contains CV and ADAM news, info, etc.

• Like 3

Anyone that can't click on a sub-forum is just lazy!!! I can't believe anyone would ignore a sub-forum especially when it contains CV and ADAM news, info, etc.

Yes, Lazy . But there are may be more Lazy people than you think. It is not a crime to be Lazy. :)

• Like 1

The problem is that there is no announcement made of new sub-forums on AtariAge when they are added. I "VIEW NEW CONTENT" on AtariAge, exclusively, and if I don't know of a new sub-forum the threads won't show up in my list given that I'm filtering on only forums that I follow.

When you enter the CV&ADAM Forum, all of the sub-forums contained in it are listed first and are highlighted when there are new messages posted. It's pretty simple in my mind.

So VectorGamer, how do you follow the CollectorVision and Opcode Games sub-forums?

Anyway, heck of a lot easier and "logical" to have all the Team Pixelboy related posts organnized together in a sub-forum for easy access... especially for newbies.

• Like 3

I'd 'like' this, but the button is way over to the right .. yawn... :sleep:

I should have my own sub-forum! That way no one would have to see or read my posts. Think of how much more time you all will have to enjoy other facets of your life or to search for all those Team Pixelboy message threads.

I do think, and have suggested in the past, that Team Pixelboy should have their own sub-forum and all his old message threads moved into it. Pixelboy could just post a message in the main forum as well.

• Like 1

When you enter the CV&ADAM Forum, all of the sub-forums contained in it are listed first and are highlighted when there are new messages posted. It's pretty simple in my mind.

So VectorGamer, how do you follow the CollectorVision and Opcode Games sub-forums?

I view new messages by going to "View New Content"

post-22552-0-73391700-1497964694_thumb.jpg

"View New Content" filters on the forums I have selected. If a new forum is added, and there's no annoucement posted, I won't know about it and therefore not see the content.

post-22552-0-30866900-1497964693_thumb.jpg

I would think that posting a thread in the Web site Announcements forum to let people know of new forums would be the solution.

Subforum would be nice!

I agree.

Back then, I've not reacted when you suggested sub-forum either because I've missed the post or I was thinking there was no real benifit to do so. Today, I can see the reasons and it feels you were right all along, making it now a long over due decision.

Anyway, heck of a lot easier and "logical" to have all the Team Pixelboy related posts organnized together in a sub-forum for easy access... especially for newbies.

It is logicial, and the keyword "organized". It's simply a way to be organized in this melting pot of messages.

Personnally, i tend to read sub-forums a lot less than the main colecovision forum. ...

Since Collectorvision has his subforums, i'm almost not aware of what they are doing! :(

But i never miss a bulletin news of Teampixelboy.

We're all checking exclusively the forums and sub-forums based on our interests, and even more the ones that we can contribute to, and it's normal. And missing some messages either in the main or sub forums happens all the time.

Maybe it's simply the way we see the forums as the main part do get the most attention and therefor it's where important messages should be... but the content that should be together is diluted in the list of messages.

The other thing we can do is follow these sub-forums to receive email notifications of new posts.

I've not used email notification yet for (sub)forums threads. I am intrigued how to set it up.

I view new messages by going to "View New Content"

"View New Content" filters on the forums I have selected. If a new forum is added, and there's no annoucement posted, I won't know about it and therefore not see the content.

I would think that posting a thread in the Web site Announcements forum to let people know of new forums would be the solution.

I've not used this option yet, thanks for showing how to do it.

We learn new things every day, great when it's good things like this.

• Like 1

I've not used this option yet, thanks for showing how to do it.

We learn new things every day, great when it's good things like this.

That's funny I thought everyone used "View New Content" to read the forums. I can't imagine visiting every subforum to check for new messages.

That's funny I thought everyone used "View New Content" to read the forums. I can't imagine visiting every subforum to check for new messages.

I like the subforums because they take me directly to the the content I want to read (i.e. Opcode Games, Collectorvision, etc.). without having to dig through other content.

The search function works, too, but it also brings up threads I may not be interested in. In a subforum (i.e. Opcode, Collectorvision, etc.), important announcements are either pinned at the top or easier to find due to a lack of clutter.

It all boils down to personal preference, I suppose. :)

Edited for spelling

Edited by ColecoGamer