IGNORED

Now I know what to do.

emkay

Now I got it. Seeing the latest Bad Apple version, and the huge borders, now I understand.

Borders were wanted ... the bigger... the better. It's better to have 50x20 pixel at 50fps than to have 320x200 pixel at 25 fps.

In that case, C64 won again....

Huge borders , a zooming glass recommended for the coolness factor...

Due to the size, the game runs at ~15fps smoothly enough

Who cares about a game that "fills a screen" better , playing at 25 fps....

No, C64 does it better.

!not! (kotz würg)

so Emkay... how's the port of Mayhem in Monsterland coming along? :)

Seriously though - everyone wants a game, so it gets ported. Sometimes the A8 will do it better, sometimes the C64 will. In the odd screwed up occasion it'll be the ZX Spectrum. We can ebay every platform out there and have them all lined up on a shelf and miss out on *nothing*.

Just let it go already...

Humm... More recent Snickers commercial seems that people turn into Mr.Bean and better eat one to return to be the original guy. Are you saying that there are times that we're proud to have here Mr.Bean instead of Emkay?

Didn't know he was an Atari fan.

:grin:

Edited by José Pereira

Emkay, eat a snickers ;)

Humm... More recent Snickers commercial seems that people turn into Mr.Bean and better eat one to return to be the original guy. Are you saying that there are times that we're proud to have here Mr.Bean instead of Emkay?

Didn't know he was an Atari fan.

It has indeed at least 2years (it could do a nice 3D game ;)):

• Like 1

You're welcome ;).

:thumbsup:

Finally I found a topic where I get most support.

If you want to convert a game, use some boring of them and try to reach the limits of other computers!

While some of those were...

.... just Demos of some "advancements" of the C64, the games themselves were boring after 10 minutes.

... even on better machines....

But it is necessary to convert that to the Atari. Don't forget the huge borders!

The practical problem isn't hardware - once you change the screen size you change the amount of lookahead and visible play space that the player has, which impacts on the level design.

This is why I don't like MD->SNES conversions. They often just dump the mapdata in as-is on both version, but the SNES has a 256-wide visible area whilst the Megadrive/genesis has 320 pixels. You lose visibility of oncoming things on the SNES

Edited by sack-c0s
  • Like 2

The practical problem isn't hardware - once you change the screen size you change the amount of lookahead and visible play space that the player has, which impacts on the level design.

This is why I don't like MD->SNES conversions. They often just dump the mapdata in as-is on both version, but the SNES has a 256-wide visible area whilst the Megadrive/genesis has 320 pixels. You lose visibility of oncoming things on the SNES

The 2 opposite argues in one post ?

Reducing the screen from 320 to 256 without the adjustment of the game content is just lazy.

But in the pics above, you see the "same" game content. The graphics has been fully redrawn, so, to put just some other row to the left and the right...