IGNORED

Douchenozzle alert: Atari 8-bit Super-Pac-Man repro with non-rated VGA!

tschak909

My initial message:
Really? You're selling a REPRODUCTION of a PROTOTYPE GAME that was originally printed at B&C ComputerVisions and can still be found there for under $50, for almost $1000, because of a non-rated VGA rating?

People like you should be castrated to keep from reproducing.

Sincerely,

Those of us who know better.

p.s. I've reported this listing to eBay as fraudulent.

Have a nice day, and learn from this.

His response:

ricksvintagestuff

Funny how you know nothing about this

Seriously, can we not just flood this assface's ebay box with fraud claims?

-Thom

Actually some people collect mistakes. The fact that VGA graded this item is a big FU to purveyors of graded games everywhere. The antithesis to graded games. That alone should be worth something...

73326626 - Remember that authenticity number. VGA's reputation stands upon it. Too bad their search index is currently broken. :ponder:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248078-atari-8-bit-best-electronics-prototype-graded-by-vga/

• Like 2

Actually some people collect mistakes. The fact that VGA graded this item is a big FU to purveyors of graded games everywhere. The antithesis to graded games. That alone should be worth something...

73326626 - Remember that authenticity number. VGA's reputation stands upon it. Too bad their search index is currently broken. :ponder:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248078-atari-8-bit-best-electronics-prototype-graded-by-vga/

It is listed as a prototype. Not a reproduction of a prototype.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

It is listed as a prototype. Not a reproduction of a prototype.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

I'm aware of this. Forgive me if I didn't make clear the sarcasm in the above post.

As a grading athority, VGA's reputation depends upon making accrate and factual statements regarding an item's authenticity. Assigning a grade can be subjective yes, but the authenticity of an item is not. It either is or isn't. The fact they failed, even once, tarnishes their reputation immensely.

Hence this item would make an excellent trophy for a VGA hater.

Well, technically, they didn't fail. If you notice, the cert says "NG" which is not-graded.

Yet, the cert is shown prominently, along with VGA listed in the description. This guy is actually trying to pass one over on some rube who doesn't know any better. This is why I'm wanting to put the hurt on.

-Thom

Sorry, if it seems I am harping on this. Scammers like this _REALLY_ piss me off.

-Thom

Honestly while I agree, the responses he has given back to you are typical of someone who knows full well they are scamming.

THAT SAID, I don't get as upset over these things as I use to because honestly anyone willing to drop $1000 on something like this not having any idea what they are doing well imho that puts them in the "Douchenozzle" category just as much as the seller / scammer. You can spend endless days finding and getting worked up over nonsense like this, hell you might even manage to get some removed but in the end there are a thousand more scammers / sellers in line to take their place and stupid buyers to entice them. I got to the point where I realized if people getting into this hobby are willing to throw large sums around without research or knowledge well, buyer beware and all that.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2

Mmm. When buying something expensive I usually take some time to get to know the seller. Find out how they'll package it. History of the item. A lot can be learned by how they respond and how quickly. Essentially it's pre-sale communication.

The rest is all crapshoot.

• Like 1

Honestly while I agree, the responses he has given back to you are typical of someone who knows full well they are scamming.

I filed a dispute against an asshat seller once over a misleading auction (Tengen Tetris CIB with licensed manual), he emailed me at my paypal address (smart because they couldn't trace messages outside the eBay system, using all sorts of profanity before suggesting I "consider suicide." My fault for not examining the photos more closely, but dang, a misleading listing is exactly that. The guy knew he didn't have a complete in box copy but listed it anyway. Years later I secured a Tengen Tetris manual to complete it. Still missing the poster but c'est-la-vie... :roll:

Some people out there peddling their shit are just assholes, or "donkey ravines" as I like to call them. Well Pedro Games was no more last I checked some six months after I filed and lost the dispute, both his online website and eBay store disappeared without a trace. Good riddance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The real douchbags here are VGA.

They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I've contacted them before, once when they rated a cartridge as a disk, and then again when it was a disk and not a cartridge. As they stated on their certified labels!

They can't even get the media type correct.

Now they rate loose carts. I guess they'll rate a rock if you pay them.

I've offered to help them once for Atari 8-bit carts, but they said they'd rather blindly rate it based on no discernible criteria.

Dipshits.

• Like 1

The real douchbags here are VGA.

They have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Dipshits.

Quoted for Truth. :thumbsup:

No prototype I've ever seen had printed label art, even black and white. Mostly just handwritten or typed labels occasionally with confidential marks on it or instructions to destroy or return. But not homebrew labels like this with "prototype" printed on it. :roll:

While I don't agree with this type of misleading just as I have said in the previous threads about this exact item. Look on the label it says Super Pacman Prototype. So while yes I believe it is fully misleading people into thinking it is a "prototype" no where does he really make this claim.

It is no different than listing say Swordquest Waterworld. Waterworld in this case taking over prototype. I mean blame the person who gave this cartridge a name that included the word prototype.

He simply sent a game to VGA, they gave it a nice box and certificate and he then listed the title of the game which just so happens to have prototype in the title. Now if he wanted to make sure people were not mislead he would put in description this is not actually a prototype cart but a game who's title contains the word prototype.

Where VGA goes off the reservation is the additional notes section. They state that it came from B&C and is part of warehouse stock. And described by VGA as an Unreleased/Prototype, when it is a copy (well at least the chips as it was just a PCB) but they don't even point that out.

That is sooooo dishonest.

• Like 1