IGNORED

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Rev

• 2 months later...

I pre-ordered this assuming it would at least be fun for my son to watch since he loves Rabbids and Luigi. Turns out it's a blast. I can barely get my wife off the TV so I can get some BotW in. I never played all that many turn based strategy RPG games so it's a fairly fresh style for me. I did play Frozen Synapse a little and years ago I played Moonbase Commander, which it almost reminds me of. Like the Paper Mario games and the Rabbids franchise it has some humorous and weird content that I enjoy a lot. It has a good level of challenge so far to keep it interesting and not just a 'kids first strategy game'. Overall another great surprise for me.

Everyone is comparing it to X-Com but I haven't play that. I have played a lot of Shadowrun though and I would compare it to the combat in that.

I'm really enjoying this game. I love the ability to extend movement using a combination of dash attacks, team jumps and pipes. There is the option for an Easy Mode at the start of battles so if it gets too hard for kids they can use this, but they will still need to learn to play strategically to finish the battle.

I'm downloading the X-com demo on Steam now, it is one of those games I've always wanted to play but never got it.

I only saw a little bit of it on one of the Cinemassacre streams, but I'm still going to hell for it, so I'd better start packing my bags now.

The bit I saw featured a 'Princess Peach' that very much appeared to have Down syndrome, and I couldn't stop smiling at the absurdity of it all.

I had the distinct feeling that I wasn't laughing 'with' her...

Edited by Reaperman