IGNORED

Coleco Mini return official?

RupanIII

57 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Buy a New Coleco Mini and Why?

• Yes, to Play
    • Yes, to Mod
    • Yes, as a gift
    • No
    • Wait and See.
    • Yes, to support PMP.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Best way to support Bob is to buy some of his awesome 7800 homebrews.

As soon as finances clear up, I'm planning on adding at least one or two more to my collection.

I'm happy to see that people want to support PMP. He is a great guy, an HONEST guy, and he deserves whatever direct support he gets.

(if you have a 7800, two of his games that I have, Frenzy and Scramble are just amazing. I have my eyes on purchasing FailSafe and Asteroids Deluxe next.)

• Like 5

Best way to support Bob is to buy some of his awesome 7800 homebrews.

As soon as finances clear up, I'm planning on adding at least one or two more to my collection.

I'm happy to see that people want to support PMP. He is a great guy, an HONEST guy, and he deserves whatever direct support he gets.

(if you have a 7800, two of his games that I have, Frenzy and Scramble are just amazing. I have my eyes on purchasing FailSafe and Asteroids Deluxe next.)

Word. I have all his Pacman related releases and a handful of others, including the 30th anniversary multicart. I still plan on picking up the Rainbow Brite Minicade though.

• Like 2

I'd rather have an old Colecovision Flashback modded by myself or pay Byte Knight than to give any money to Coleco.

But would that still count as me giving money to coleco? I mean lets say I seen one on ebay so bought it instead of buying a new one. But also someone else was looking on ebay at same one I was looking at and I bought it before them, so then they get a new one instead. Might as well have been me right? I'm I looking too deep into this?

I'd rather have an old Colecovision Flashback modded by myself or pay Byte Knight than to give any money to Coleco.

But would that still count as me giving money to coleco? I mean lets say I seen one on ebay so bought it instead of buying a new one. But also someone else was looking on ebay at same one I was looking at and I bought it before them, so then they get a new one instead. Might as well have been me right? I'm I looking too deep into this?

I like to think of it as helping Ben once this all blows up in "Coleco's" face.

• Like 1

What type of mod?

No love for FB2+ with cart ports? :P

I didn't know they are making the next one with cart port. If they do make the new colecovision flashback like that then no I would rather have that but also want to support the community and not coleco by giving them any money. But yes I love my Atari flashback modded with cart port. I would love the new colecovision flashback even if they just put the solder points in place and made it to where you can do it yourself like the atari flashback.

I didn't know they are making the next one with cart port. If they do make the new colecovision flashback like that then no I would rather have that but also want to support the community and not coleco by giving them any money. But yes I love my Atari flashback modded with cart port. I would love the new colecovision flashback even if they just put the solder points in place and made it to where you can do it yourself like the atari flashback.

Only the Atari Flashback 2 had pads for a cart port on it.

Actually here is what I would like to see.

I want a ColecoVision Flashback with Raspberry PI that will accept carts.

Maybe this device here

http://www.retrode.org/

with a ColecoVision adapter(I don't think any has been made for this yet) One has been made for the Atari 2600 but they don't sell them they just give you the info so you can make it yourself. I just did some research looks like the retrode will work with raspberry pi. Just needs an adapter made for the colecovision if possible.

Edited by SignGuy81

Actually here is what I would like to see.

I want a ColecoVision Flashback with Raspberry PI that will accept carts.

Maybe this device here

http://www.retrode.org/

with a ColecoVision adapter(I don't think any has been made for this yet) One has been made for the Atari 2600 but they don't sell them they just give you the info so you can make it yourself. I just did some research looks like the retrode will work with raspberry pi. Just needs an adapter made for the colecovision if possible.

You can just get a cart dumper and play the games from the sdcard.

You can just get a cart dumper and play the games from the sdcard.

It is just not the same though. With the retrode instead of dumping carts it basically makes the cart just look like a usb drive, and you can even set it up for when you plug the games in it automatically starts playing them.

Edited by SignGuy81